[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

TERA Mongo: Catalyst Feedback

Comments

• roxxapoxx wrote: »
    Also, a good thing to consider is that because the small mongos take many hits to kill that it doesn't feel worth killing them because by the time you kill one small, someone is flying past you to find the rare/uncommon one you were just seconds away from. This is a huge thing. HUGE.

From what I've observed, the small and medium mobs take exactly 10 hits to die. What I've been doing is hopping on my sorcerer and pop a hail storm, then do a quick scout on a flying mount of the immediate surroundings for any rare/mediums before going back for my loot. If I get lucky and find a rare/multiple mediums close to each other, I'll hail storm into frost sphere to knock them down (at which point you can start looting as their health ticks, or quickly go on to the next in the case of multiple mediums). Really, any fast/multi hit attacks are key.

Now as for @Spacecats and the "player council", they can blame us players for complaining about motes till the cow comes home, but the decision to remove the kyra box from the Legendary BAM the same day as outfits that can be gotten from the potion shack go on sale on the Tera shop is all anyone really needs to know.

Not to mention having wait till 10pm est on a workday/schoolday was just cruel.

Quick edit: And as for the drop rates, 50 still beats the 30 that you would have gotten for getting all 15 Legendaries last night, so there is that.

Ya, at first I was pretty appreciative of the time bump on legendaries because I worked much later those days and got home just in time but now I don't think I'll even care
  • WOW, removing my above comment to be "approved"? Yeah, I think I hit the nail on the head.
  • I'm in the same boat. I went from like ~300 a night the first few days (without doing legendary mongos mind you), yesterday I got like 80-90 despite going at it just as hard as previously. +1 for uncommon mongos, -10 for legendaries with no hp, fewer catas from uncommons, and rares that are nowhere to be seen.

I'm also european and have changed my sleep cycle so that I can wake up before the event, which starts at friggin midnight.

You've been wildly inconsistent with this event (the potion shack itself was changed mid-event too, with new stuff being added, making the rare items even more scarce then previously), and we're not cool with it.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Like allways, ppl enjoy a broken event and when it get fixed ppl get mad becuase they cant get unlimited free stuff doing almost nothing.
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Like allways, ppl enjoy a broken event and when it get fixed ppl get mad becuase the cant get unlimited free stuff doing almost nothing.

The complaints lodged are mostly against the inconsistencies. I absolutely agree that the rewards have been over the top. 'Unlimited' is a bit of a stretch though, as is 'free' :p

Time/effort -> ''free'' reward
    Time-sensitive -> ''unlimited''

Yeah no ;o
    Like allways, ppl enjoy a broken event and when it get fixed ppl get mad becuase the cant get unlimited free stuff doing almost nothing.

It wasn't "broken". Folks (not myself) simply wanted the motes to be changed to something more useful. In doing so, the drop rate of the kyras was lowered, which isn't what most folks have an issue with.

One of the issues was the removal of the kyras box. All previous mongo events, and until yesterday this one as well, have included their appropriate box. The removal of said box is the issue.

As for the "doing almost nothing", you conveniently ignored the other issue, which was the BAM's HP pool. Folks were happy with BAMs that took more effort to kill vs the ones that literally melted last night.
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

It wasn't "broken". Folks (not myself) simply wanted the motes to be changed to something more useful. In doing so, the drop rate of the kyras was lowered, which isn't what most folks have an issue with.

One of the issues was the removal of the kyras box. All previous mongo events, and until yesterday this one as well, have included their appropriate box. The removal of said box is the issue.

As for the "doing almost nothing", you conveniently ignored the other issue, which was the BAM's HP pool. Folks were happy with BAMs that took more effort to kill vs the ones that literally melted last night.

I am talking about the whole event, not only the mongos on kyras event.

You mean the potion shack loot pool? If so, I'll agree that some of the items to be gotten from the enchantment potion are definitely overkill.

You mean the potion shack loot pool? If so, I'll agree that some of the items to be gotten from the enchantment potion are definitely overkill.

I do think they should let have 1 catalyst drop per dungeon at the start of this event and not 3-5.

They should let have mongos be this way since the start and the legendaries really need a better idea on how implement the drops that make you feel that your time was worth.

The main problem here is that the whole event start broken and now that it is changing to what it should be obviously ppl will ge mad becuase that implies less free stuff.

However if that keeps until the end of the event then in two weeks ppl will cry on forums about how game is death becuase nobody plays due the overkill rewards on kyras.
    However if that keeps until the end of the event then in two weeks ppl will cry on forums about how game is death becuase nobody plays due the overkill rewards on kyras.

The only folks who bother complaining about overkill rewards "after" the event are those who are upset that they missed out, and venting in a way to try and guilt folks. In short, ignore them.
    StarSprite wrote: »
    To add to this and answer your last question.
    I would like to see something other than a crystal box if potionmaster isn't going to be added back. Maybe some sort of cosmetic box?

I think the number of hits bam was planned well in advanced. It's true there was a lot of confusion at first since this isn't how the other bams worked but once the community figured it out it was pretty clear that number of hits is the preferred method since it gives time for more raids to show up. (Rip my pc tho) Not sure if the rest of the bams can be changed in short notice but I agree it should be looked into.

As for the times, it said that it's meant to be random. So it can spawn any time between 3 and 10pm est. A 7 hour window might be too much given how it interrupts raids and stuff I guess.

(Should probably keep this discussion about mongo and kyras in the feedback thread though. o: )

I'm a bit hesitant to agree with a cosmetic box, simply because its been done to death with previous events. Personally, I'd rather see something that has a more long-term use (such as innerwear?) Things like this would have been great if polled before the event.

And the event having a random time during weekdays when most folks have work or school was a big mistake in my opinion. Hopefully one they will remember not to repeat in the future.

The only folks who bother complaining about overkill rewards "after" the event are those who are upset that they missed out, and venting in a way to try and guilt folks. In short, ignore them.
    StarSprite wrote: »
    To add to this and answer your last question.
    I would like to see something other than a crystal box if potionmaster isn't going to be added back. Maybe some sort of cosmetic box?

I think the number of hits bam was planned well in advanced. It's true there was a lot of confusion at first since this isn't how the other bams worked but once the community figured it out it was pretty clear that number of hits is the preferred method since it gives time for more raids to show up. (Rip my pc tho) Not sure if the rest of the bams can be changed in short notice but I agree it should be looked into.

As for the times, it said that it's meant to be random. So it can spawn any time between 3 and 10pm est. A 7 hour window might be too much given how it interrupts raids and stuff I guess.

(Should probably keep this discussion about mongo and kyras in the feedback thread though. o: )

I'm a bit hesitant to agree with a cosmetic box, simply because its been done to death with previous events. Personally, I'd rather see something that has a more long-term use (such as innerwear?) Things like this would have been great if polled before the event.

And the event having a random time during weekdays when most folks have work or school was a big mistake in my opinion. Hopefully one they will remember not to repeat in the future.
    Innerwear box wouldn't be so bad. I'll link the post and see if a change can be made but it might be too late. But with the 5th year anniversary coming up it wouldn't hurt to suggest it for future events as well.

I'm guessing that the random time was to try to limit how much they can be farmed since the loot is shared with the raid. Moving the time around does help players in a way since some might like the earlier or later time. Scheduling things like this isn't easy since we have 4 time zones in NA and international players to consider. Ive noticed it is a pain though since we have to plan our hh raid around it. I liked getting the hour and half advanced notice but I don't know how much it helps other players.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then why does SSNM still reward more than everything? It's the equivalent of doing nothing.
    edited February 2017
    Yamazuki wrote: »
    Then why does SSNM still reward more than everything? It's the equivalent of doing nothing.

If you have read the posts i have made this day you will know that i called all this event a broken event.

Even i said that only 1 cata per dungeon would be the thing that EME should have done.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    roxxapoxx wrote: »
    I personally think the change to small mongos makes a ton of sense. CCB is something everyone needs and amethysts add up to give you a nice bonus at the end of the event. H O W E V E R, the only reason people are kinda iffy on it is because NOW uncommons drop 0-1 kyra's and if you're lucky you get a jackpot of 4 (which happened twice to me last night, only twice??) and rare's somehow were nowhere to be found. I'm not sure if they nerfed the spawn rates aswell but it did seem like it. In the places I had consistently farmed for the past 3 days - they were empty which makes very little sense because it's highly populated/dense areas that spawn a lot usually.

i am iffy, because i wait 4 hours for crystal boxes ;)
  • LesbianVi wrote: »
    @LegendaryLoser actually I liked CCB and Amethyst drops, hopefully they add more Jewel drops during events and dungeons.

Dem Gems so gooood, Tnx Spacekitty ;)

@LesbianVi I've seen you around my server so I know we both play in the same one. And you honestly liked the Jewel and CCB drop?

CCB - 31 gold on broker - before event: 30 to 40 gold
    Amethyst - 30 gold if sold to npc - price always stays the same

Strong bravery potion - 600 gold at the time of writing this - before event: 900 gold
    Strong Canephora potion - 300 gold - before event: 1500 gold.

I'm sorry but I am not blinded by shiny things that drop on the ground. The CCB/Amethyst/Powder nerfed the drop rate of the Potions. And with this changes also came nerfing of the uncommon/rare mongos.