[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

TERA Mongo: Catalyst Feedback

145791017

Comments

  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    streetdog wrote: »
    Non-boss variant drop useless [filtered], including motes. Nobody farming this intentionally.
    The dungeon makes u play otherwise it finishes slow. The mongos don't make you search them, because in huge populated servers some1 will search them
    You don't need 5 people to clear ssnm quickly, and if you're healing you might as well be afk for fast groups because you're just debuffing/existing anyways.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    streetdog wrote: »
    I dunno, I am debuffing a lot with healer, using hurricane, normal debuffs, plus people tend to facetank a lot of [filtered] on boss 1 2 3 and u need to actually heal

    But doing event which forces you not to play the game, because the lag makes it impossible to finish any serious dungeon, which gives so much mats that everything else after that looks lackluster, so people will literally stop playing, is just stupid as a design.
    I know a lot of people right now are happy because they get a lot of good rewards, but this is not the way.

    What are they face tanking? The 1st boss only does a non-laser one time the entire fight, the 2nd boss does his mechanic one time, and the 3rd boss just stands there after the initial attack and even glitches often with high dps. SSNM and effort do not go together.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    So am I? 2nd boss there's no healing required because he dies after a single phase and Imperator himself does nothing when you kill him in ~30 seconds. I've healed these runs while being mostly alt tabbed, that's not really "playing" the game.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    That doesn't change the fact SSNM has no interaction either, and past events you could bot cw, and I don't think that's qualified as "playing" the game either...
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    streetdog wrote: »
    Boss 1 is facetank lasers all day, usually healer gets hit, tank too. In some cases tombstones do dmg.
    Boss 2 is obvious facetank
    Boss 3 is facetank aoe puddles

    Im tanking about runs which last 3 min or less, in which every boss dies for under 1 min, sometimes under 30 sec. I think my record was lastboss ssnm 28 sec

    boss 3 use lag to wipe your party B)
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    streetdog wrote: »
    Boss 1 is facetank lasers all day, usually healer gets hit, tank too. In some cases tombstones do dmg.
    Boss 2 is obvious facetank
    Boss 3 is facetank aoe puddles

    Im tanking about runs which last 3 min or less, in which every boss dies for under 1 min, sometimes under 30 sec. I think my record was lastboss ssnm 28 sec
    Yamazuki wrote: »
    So am I? 2nd boss there's no healing required because he dies after a single phase and Imperator himself does nothing when you kill him in ~30 seconds. I've healed these runs while being mostly alt tabbed, that's not really "playing" the game.

    Ambush players issues, omg.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    streetdog wrote: »
    I think during the kyra event cw didn't drop cata, but tshm used to drop 3-5.
    But man, whatever we are speaking right now about the kyra events, you can at least technically play the game. Like, if you wanted you could play.
    This lag makes it impossible. Imagine HH with this lag. Its autowipe

    CW was part of it, pretty sure this is the first time CW did not give catalysts. http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/introducing-kyra-s-pop-up-potion-shack
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yamazuki wrote: »
    streetdog wrote: »
    I think during the kyra event cw didn't drop cata, but tshm used to drop 3-5.
    But man, whatever we are speaking right now about the kyra events, you can at least technically play the game. Like, if you wanted you could play.
    This lag makes it impossible. Imagine HH with this lag. Its autowipe

    CW was part of it, pretty sure this is the first time CW did not give catalysts. http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/introducing-kyra-s-pop-up-potion-shack
    streetdog wrote: »
    Behemoth actually.

    Could you think about new players and ppl who are on Slaughter +12 or Guile.

    Mean while you can facetank normal dungeons they cant.

    It's not funny and not enjoyable for them or for me to be the last one on my feet killing the boss while they are on the floor for 4-5 minutes.

    Also I don't think that kind of issues are apealing for new players nor for casual players either.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Yamazuki wrote: »
    streetdog wrote: »
    I think during the kyra event cw didn't drop cata, but tshm used to drop 3-5.
    But man, whatever we are speaking right now about the kyra events, you can at least technically play the game. Like, if you wanted you could play.
    This lag makes it impossible. Imagine HH with this lag. Its autowipe

    CW was part of it, pretty sure this is the first time CW did not give catalysts. http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/introducing-kyra-s-pop-up-potion-shack
    streetdog wrote: »
    Behemoth actually.

    Could you think about new players and ppl who are on Slaughter +12 or Guile.

    Mean while you can facetank normal dungeons they cant.

    It's not funny and not enjoyable for them or for me to be the last one on my feet killing the boss while they are on the floor for 4-5 minutes.

    Also I don't think that kind of issues are apealing for new players nor for casual players either.

    I don't have Behemoth, or Ambush on my dps.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    clfarron4 wrote: »
    This is Dreamstorm 2.0 all over again. The servers can't handle the standard weekend farming AND all the additional mobs that the server has to spawn and tell every connected client about.
    neither of those things are causing the lag

    it's all the requests to use catalysts that are. not to mention gorgoth continued to spawn throughout the entire day, causing spikes whenever the game had to distribute a mail to the 100+ people that attacked it all at once. when the mongos despawned earlier, kyra's potion shack took about 20s to load on account of how many people were using up catas and also trying to load it.
  • FlorettaSoupFlorettaSoup ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    IMO the problem is not the overall spawn rate, but the fact that everyone looks for mongos in the same areas (Northern Arun), in certain other areas I could get 1 catalyst every minute, because the common mongos were REALLY abundant, and I managed to find also 6/7 uncommon in an hour (no rares though).
    We all know that the mongo spawning algorithm is built in such a way that mongos only get spawned next to normal mobs, this makes mongos super hard to find in areas with low mobs density (Val Tirkai, Vale of Spyres, Basilisk Crag, etc), thus everyone went looking for them in areas with high mob density (Spring Valley, Arx Umbra), making them much harder to find there too.
    So, this could be fixed simply by increasing the spawn rate in areas with low mobs density, so that the players could spread evenly across all the areas.
    With this adjustment I think a change to the loot table of common mongos wouldn't be needed because they would be super abundant.
  • i did mongo yesterday and gathered 100 bravery and canes of each... the spawn rate of common mangos are quite ridiculous like literally you don't move 100m without noticing a flock in front of you...

    by the end of the event you could easily get 600 pots...
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Yamazuki wrote: »
    streetdog wrote: »
    I think during the kyra event cw didn't drop cata, but tshm used to drop 3-5.
    But man, whatever we are speaking right now about the kyra events, you can at least technically play the game. Like, if you wanted you could play.
    This lag makes it impossible. Imagine HH with this lag. Its autowipe

    CW was part of it, pretty sure this is the first time CW did not give catalysts. http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/introducing-kyra-s-pop-up-potion-shack
    streetdog wrote: »
    Behemoth actually.

    Could you think about new players and ppl who are on Slaughter +12 or Guile.

    Mean while you can facetank normal dungeons they cant.

    It's not funny and not enjoyable for them or for me to be the last one on my feet killing the boss while they are on the floor for 4-5 minutes.

    Also I don't think that kind of issues are apealing for new players nor for casual players either.

    Oo my lancer only has a +12 imp chest n I can face tank w/ 1 or 2 healers. Also both tanks iunno warrior have dmg mitigating skills. Moreover, when we say face tank we don't literally mean take hits. For example:

    Whenever Atrocitas (cus iunno or care dumb names) charges at you, pop iron will then onslaught. Do no just straight up run towards him and die. In general face tanking refers to knowing when to take hits from normal attacks any decently geared lancer can survive and knowing when to use dmg mitigating skill efficiently for smashes/unblockables.

    As for SSNM though a tank can't face tank 1st boss since laser does do a decent amount of dmg and frequently targets the tank. You would have to trust your healers if you want to face tank 1st boss in SSNM. As for Imperator you can face tank everything period if not your healers just really suck.
  • Mongos are good for a break, if you want kyra just run dungeons. I think if they made mongos op in spawn time and drop rate the whole event would be broken. From what I see, dungeon drop is pretty much enough to get Kyra (it's even better than before) so I think it's a good event. People will ever be greedy about something but honestly this is broken enough already hue
  • Doesn't open a welcome message. Help.
Sign In or Register to comment.