[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Decrease grind for PvPers

I know what BHS and maybe EME is thinking with this patch, if you make it all time based grinds then people will take longer to gain their gear and enjoy the patch longer before they get bored with it, maybe PvE'ers are like this (IDK I doubt it) but for someone who wants to PvP, this grind is just dumb.

So the very first thing is Colluva Ore, the only good ways to get it are BG chests, and IoD tokens, you can get like 1 ore from the new arena if you do well and avoid the barrel killing one, but mostly it's BG chests and IoD tokens, each which have a limit on how many you can get. If you're going for Conflate you're gonna need around 700-800 of this. (depending on crits) This alone takes far too long.

Add in the fact that you gotta use about a months worth of production points, so PvPers are just supposed to not PvP for a month? Especially considering some P2P motherfuckers are gonna buy out the market of Colluva ore and then spam crafters cures. This issue seems pretty easy to fix, reduce PP costs, if BHS doesn't let you do that, just flood the game with crafters cures, add them to low or mid tier dungeons as frequent drops, BG additional rewards, stuff like this.

Beyond all that though there is the jewelry, it has outrageous recipe costs which is already pretty [filtered] but just getting the PvE jewelry is hard enough, FINM barely has any drops anymore, and what little it does have is a chance to drop a trash brooch and a necklace, I ran two FINM's and one a few days ago, I've seen just 1 necklace drop, the crit one and I HAD TO ROLL FOR IT! What? You only get 2 runs a day and instance reset scrolls are broken, 1/5 chance to get an item that seems to drop less than 50% of the time. In DS last patch, all you had to do was get to floor 14 and you would get a box that had a piece of BiS jewelry.

A person going for Conflate is going to struggle to reach 409 ilvl in order to get the other jewelry, because they won't even get a necklace drop and we don't want to get Slaughter gear.

Luckily URF is up on LoL so I can just go play that for the weekend after doing alliance dailies and the hopeless FINM grind but honestly En Masse you just shouldn't have put in a long [filtered] PvP grind in the first place, the longer a PvPer has to wait to gear up decently, the longer they wait to enjoy the patch.

Comments

• JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    I can hear your frustration there. My guildies even say they are sticking with Starfall because of this. They do not care for the pve content to be honest. They are strictly pvp. Even they say to do bg for these is ridiculous. Their statement is..why bother with it? It will take too long. By the time they get what is needed a new set will be out again anyway.
  • empchampempchamp
    edited May 2016
    I've given up on gear based PVP in tera you spend too much time not having fun and just grinding. I have enough fun in CS anyways with 12 65s if I get bored of a class playstyle I can switch to another without worrying about having to gear up to not get wrecked.
  • empchamp wrote: »
    I've given up on gear based PVP in tera you spend too much time not having fun and just grinding. I have enough fun in CS anyways with 12 65s if I get bored of a class playstyle I can switch to another without worrying about having to gear up to not get wrecked.

And this is why PvPing is dieing, anyone can just jump on whatever class is good for whatever PvP and win it in equalized gear so your superior rolls and other choices are less relevant. We get PvP gear and then can't even do anything with it.

On my server we had alliance going for a little while last patch, but then one side won like 3 weeks in a row and the whole server jumped to mooch off their success, after they spent weeks losing 3 wins and everyone wants to be in IO all of the sudden. 90% of the server is IO just for free money and unless some large group comes from no where and starts winning, it'll be stuck like this until Bluehole gives reason to get PvP gear and makes it easier to get.
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    Maybe they should bring back Noctinium Gear? And make it stronger?
  • Mobius1Mobius1 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Yeah, the ores being such a heavy part of crafting conflate gear, makes no sense to me. I thought this patch was supposed to remove PvE gates from PvP, not ADD them!!

And the jewelry? Ugh, that is the worst part of this patch. I have to reach ilevel of these new dungeons, and roll them who knows how many times, to get the PvE jewelry, needed for PvP set. And then they tack on a ludicrous 800k KS fee, to get the jewelry.

The PvP set of jewelry should be more easily obtained, with little to no PvE, but should have inferior PvE stats, and superior PvP stats.
  • kknaexkknaex ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    I got 3 new pvp jewlery in 3 days start from almost no ks credit while conflate is still a pain but ppl already think it is too easy to accquire. And i am trying to get conflate shoe glove and belt for pve. U can let your guildies learn seperate design and craft stuff for u the gear and mats for conflate are tradable. For the cure, elite for half a year give me way more cure than i needed. Buy elite ppl, elite is the full Tera experience. And it is not even p2w bec p2w ppl got vm7 full +15 already
  • ArlistArlist ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I just quote all teh comments, but let me add my experience..

I recently came back to play TERA after 4 years quit. The new beginning is co cool. Especially, playing the new classes and instance, untill you start to look at pvp. After 2 months grinding to both pve and pvp, i told myself, "i have enough mats and enchanting stuff to craft my conflate weapon! Oh Yeah!" But the cold shower is about to come... The freaking COLLUVA CRAPS! I swear, this thing makes ppl want to quit TERA! This has become a PVE game!

The only MPVP event TERA had was the old NEXUS and the GVG played during it... But now? There is nothing like that makes worth crafting and to enjoy your gear sets on some good open world PVP!

I wish we could go back to the times of Shandra Manaya and Nexus, those were fun for PVPers!
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know nothing about pvp, but, isn't conflate a set that can go to only +12? Or can it go to +15 like Tensus? IF it can go to +15, then what's needed is to boost the amount of mats for it. If it goes only to +12, I think it was a really bad idea to make it only craftable and not earned in full like Slaughter.

All in all, I agree that people on the pvp side shouldn't be made to wait so much longer than their pve counterparts to do their content.

As for Tera being pve, it has always been, as I understand, a pve focusd game with some pvp on the side. But in this generation of gaming, more people want to pvp instead, which is why the games that most people play are all full pvp or pvp focused.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    Nopi wrote: »
    I know nothing about pvp, but, isn't conflate a set that can go to only +12? Or can it go to +15 like Tensus? IF it can go to +15, then what's needed is to boost the amount of mats for it. If it goes only to +12, I think it was a really bad idea to make it only craftable and not earned in full like Slaughter.

All in all, I agree that people on the pvp side shouldn't be made to wait so much longer than their pve counterparts to do their content.

As for Tera being pve, it has always been, as I understand, a pve focusd game with some pvp on the side. But in this generation of gaming, more people want to pvp instead, which is why the games that most people play are all full pvp or pvp focused.

Conflate is meant to be crafted for fairness, but tbh the colluva ore cost is exactly the same as the other VMs, which makes it a pretty huge barrier of entry. I honestly would be glad if the colluva ingots needed were halved or even reduced to 1/3 of its original values just because of how hard it is already to get all the nodes with weekly cap.

Slaughter was instead tuned to have more PvP stats but is still rubbish in terms of defensive stats against Dreadnaught.

Heard Tera turned more into a PvP game when Alliance was first out. It was a whole feature dedicated to PvPers, which is now hopelessly grinded by a select few now.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tera had somewhat meaningful pvp since the Vanarch system. A guild you don't like won a town through votes? You could challenge them to GvG and wrestle the town out of their hands if you had a strong enough guild. Then came Alliance and Crusade. Now there will be the new Velika battleground to replace it all. In essence, I think Tera should give some more emphasis to pvp because of how markets are moving and gaming gravitates around pvp more than ever. I mean, pvp has existed since the very dawn of gaming itself, but now with so many people able to connect over high speed internet, challenging someone to a match in a game is becoming more common than actually talking to people on a phone. And so even though I will still be a pve pleb, I well know the importance of pvp in gaming nowadays.
  • NektorNektor ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I never understood why they make VM mats to be used for crafted gear that only goes to +12. To craft shisma one needed inferno ores (boy what a pain it was to pass Master test on armor/weapon mastery). Drednauth gear - dn ores. Not this....Conf. You know I grinded for Tensus. The peeps that grinded Rene, was telling me tensus is easy to get, i told them to stop jocking. But that new pvp set, that isn't even VM..... I really think its easy to get another starfall +15 wep and +12 rest, roll it for pvp then grind that.

• aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    Nektor wrote: »
    I never understood why they make VM mats to be used for crafted gear that only goes to +12. To craft shisma one needed inferno ores (boy what a pain it was to pass Master test on armor/weapon mastery). Drednauth gear - dn ores. Not this....Conf. You know I grinded for Tensus. The peeps that grinded Rene, was telling me tensus is easy to get, i told them to stop jocking. But that new pvp set, that isn't even VM..... I really think its easy to get another starfall +15 wep and +12 rest, roll it for pvp then grind that.

Tensus is actually easy to get compared to Renegade... lol.

But I get what you mean, Ores can get pretty expensive. I would give BHS a thumbs up if they just remove the ore part completely (heck they can increase the node count to compensate, just no ore/ingot grind pls).
  • Maybe they should bring back Noctinium Gear? And make it stronger?
    No, because that means they'll remove Noctenium gear from those who currently have it.

And I earned my Noctenium gear.