Character creation and customization in general

One of the few things which Tera is lacking is - more advanced character creation. And no, i'm not talking about the super duper character creation where u get to choose the colour of your char's eyeball/lengh of their pinkie etc. Just being able to choose an eye colour would be nice? why not add the colourwheel to the game, like devs did with the fashion coupon system. I am honestly so sick and tired of seeing 20 pair of blue eyes on elves, with like, a few brown ones and a pair of greenish\graysh ones. Also, it would also nice to be able to choose hairstyles aside from ears\horns? And mixing ears\tails on elins would be also nice too. Also, i think we need a bigger variety of ears/horns for our characters. I really want to make a deer elin ;-;
I know this was mentioned a lot of times, and we got an ability to make our characters smaller\bigger\ etc, but character customization in Tera still needs an improvement.

Comments

• Maybe its time Tera introduces a new race as well?
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tera is one of the most lack luster mmos in terms of character creation options, but maybe this is why costume items sell so well in this game as well, everyone looks the same so you gotta assert your fashion with costume choices.
  • Maybe its time Tera introduces a new race as well?

well, for me there are enough races in Tera :0
    But i guess adding more won't hurt...?
  • Ardire wrote: »
    Tera is one of the most lack luster mmos in terms of character creation options, but maybe this is why costume items sell so well in this game as well, everyone looks the same so you gotta assert your fashion with costume choices.

True, but i think what having more detailed character is going to just attract people to buy more from the shop?
  • edited February 2017
    Body is required.
    Body is 10 characters too short.
  • It's also pretty difficult to not repeat faces between my own characters. Or anyone elses. If I could have green eyes on a female castanic, pick their horns and hair style separate... I'd be happy.

And happy if the dang cosmetic ticket to make them tall/short would stop being disproportional.

(The eyes that are blue are the main reason I stay away from Elves. It's always brown or blue. :/.)
  • KertainKertain ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Although I personally don't believe they will change character creation at this point of Tera's life I will leave my support for this idea and say my simple suggestion to add on what's been written already.
    I'd love a set of dark tones for high elf skin enabling us to create dark elfs, even without lore associated.
    And before someone says: "make a castanic", chest simply ain't generous enough and dark elfs typically don't have horns.
  • I think this would be a great idea, honestly! I usually end up using the same face on all of my characters just because I prefer it, but then the eye color makes me cringe on certain character designs/ideas I had in mind. I usually play Castanic, so being able to mix and match hair style and horn style would be wonderful as well!
  • Lagertha wrote: »
    It's also pretty difficult to not repeat faces between my own characters. Or anyone elses. If I could have green eyes on a female castanic, pick their horns and hair style separate... I'd be happy.

And happy if the dang cosmetic ticket to make them tall/short would stop being disproportional.

(The eyes that are blue are the main reason I stay away from Elves. It's always brown or blue. :/.)

Yeah, they did [filtered] up with the tall/short cosmetic ticket. I would love to make me elf shorter [because reasons] and well...if i do so, she is going to look wider and chubbier ._.
  • Kertain wrote: »
    Although I personally don't believe they will change character creation at this point of Tera's life I will leave my support for this idea and say my simple suggestion to add on what's been written already.
    I'd love a set of dark tones for high elf skin enabling us to create dark elfs, even without lore associated.
    And before someone says: "make a castanic", chest simply ain't generous enough and dark elfs typically don't have horns.

Well, who knows? Maybe they will. I don't really think what that's so hard to make, besides, i think i know some kind of games which improved their character customization a lot...? Like, there should be probably some????
  • I think this would be a great idea, honestly! I usually end up using the same face on all of my characters just because I prefer it, but then the eye color makes me cringe on certain character designs/ideas I had in mind. I usually play Castanic, so being able to mix and match hair style and horn style would be wonderful as well!

I honestly don't know what the dev's where thinking when they created a ton of a face variations with still in ability in there to customize it, but limited us in eye colours, like???? We can already customize faces, we don't a [filtered] ton of presets?
  • Right like they already have a color wheel in the game for outfits (which surprised the heck out of me when I saw it)
    How hard would it be to apply that to hair, eyes, heck even skin tone! Like okay then Bluehole lol
  • Right like they already have a color wheel in the game for outfits (which surprised the heck out of me when I saw it)
    How hard would it be to apply that to hair, eyes, heck even skin tone! Like okay then Bluehole lol

Yeah, having a colour wheel for skin would be really nice too :0 it's not really nice seeing like, a variety of white kin tones and just two tanned ones. Heck, i would make myself a light-pink skinned character like nightelf from wow, or the light-greenish one :D
  • The char creator is absolute trash. Unacceptable how bad it is. Im in shock that it hasnt changed since beta. It's funny. The bad creator is so bad im not going to spend a penny on this game.
  • UmysnuunUmysnuun 5rmapbloomjuice ✭✭
    JBGaming wrote: »
    Maybe its time Tera introduces a new race as well?

monster fanatic here, i think we need to have a open discusion about which monsters should be allowed to be used for enhancing or creating a new race/character, the creatures and classes are good but seem like they need rivals and other things found in other games, not just the fire/hate and passion for wielding magic or weapons, but purposeful and romantic adaptations and musical combat improvements, like the feature in some games where a person is able to preview some attacks and techniques, tera stops when you can see that theres no customization and learning of new attacks, theres nothing worse than playing a game like ffxiv or terra, monster hunter world, where they lock your character to one fireball type, and the same melee attack, its really ingineous, i hated getting or upgrading weapons in monster hunter world for the same reason, you dont learn new attacks or magic if you have a new weapon it will occasionally do something flashy, but its not going to allow you to learn some new tactics, new auto-attack.defensive dodge or combo breaker action, its bad.