[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Paragon -> Valkyrie Wins [Updated]

191012141529

Comments

  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    WitchyGirl wrote: »
    spacecats should remake the poll
    with just these 3 choices:

    GLAIVER
    MOONDANCER
    VALKYRIE


    thats the order of how i like them.
    i still feel too many votes are lost in voting for the other names that wont even win.

    Various people have also suggested Dragoon and Bladerunner.

    And it's kind of funny how people are commenting on the two word feature instead of one while we do the same with our accounts haha.
  • Valkyrie have no relation to high elves in mythology whatsoever.

    Spears are a polearm. They are a pole.... with a blade on the end. That is the very essence of a polearm.

    Glaiver, though not all that evocative, would be as functional as gunner to be sure. It is by no means the only decent option in the minds of many as the poll shows.
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    KnightFalz wrote: »
    Valkyrie have no relation to high elves in mythology whatsoever.

    Spears are a polearm. They are a pole.... with a blade on the end. That is the very essence of a polearm.

    Glaiver, though not all that evocative, would be as functional as gunner to be sure. It is by no means the only decent option in the minds of many as the poll shows.

    Ok bud. I'm ex military and a fan of novel fictions. Let's not start talking about weapon technicalities. I'll open the book on ya.
  • Replace the Moondancer for Lunar Dancer and we're all fine.
  • WitchyGirlWitchyGirl ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    nevermind .....
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    WitchyGirl wrote: »
    WitchyGirl wrote: »
    spacecats should remake the poll
    with just these 3 choices:

    GLAIVER
    MOONDANCER
    VALKYRIE


    thats the order of how i like them.
    i still feel too many votes are lost in voting for the other names that wont even win.

    Various people have also suggested Dragoon and Bladerunner.

    And it's kind of funny how people are commenting on the two word feature instead of one while we do the same with our accounts haha.

    oh i like Dragoon , good choice too.

    Bladerunner sounds too modern, especially because there's a movie with that name.

    I know that's true it is modern and there is a movie with the name.. There are also movies with the others though.
  • WitchyGirlWitchyGirl ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    nevermind .....
  • Ok bud. I'm ex military and a fan of novel fictions. Let's not start talking about weapon technicalities. I'll open the book on ya.

    Neither your military experience or book opening is going to change that any pole with a blade on the end is a polearm.

    Some things are just basic like that.
  • To make a valid point Ima just paste this on over from my other post:

    Her weapon is a European style Glaive. That doesn't mean Glaive should be in its name, you don't see people calling Warriors and Slayers "Sword and Broadsword" or my personal favorite "Over compensator".

    I would have liked "Lunar Dancer", reason being that everyone is hyping the job name as such over in KTera. By everyone I do not mean the dev's and EnMasse's staff.

    She is in every way a Lunar Dancer. She is also considered a quick combat, heavy combo dependent, dps class. As such one could say she is Dancing in battle. Lunar speaks for itself in every way, especially her lv65 move.

    But I can see why Tera is preferring to put "moonlight" into it considering the direct translation of her skills: quote "Has Edge Stacking like Warrior, which KTERA call it 월광흔(月光痕), literally MoonLight Trace, or Mark of Moonlight".
  • MinazukiMinazuki ✭✭✭
    KnightFalz wrote: »
    Ok bud. I'm ex military and a fan of novel fictions. Let's not start talking about weapon technicalities. I'll open the book on ya.

    Neither your military experience or book opening is going to change that any pole with a blade on the end is a polearm.

    Some things are just basic like that.

    So you are saying glaive not a polearm, pole weapon? What I find about glaive is European polearm weapon or a type of throwing weapon. What a Glaive look like? Do it have a pole? Or it just simple mean of a type of blade weapon?
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    KnightFalz wrote: »
    Ok bud. I'm ex military and a fan of novel fictions. Let's not start talking about weapon technicalities. I'll open the book on ya.

    Neither your military experience or book opening is going to change that any pole with a blade on the end is a polearm.

    Some things are just basic like that.

    I'm not saying you are wrong. However let's be more accurate shall we?

    These are by fact historically accurate Polearms by definition also called Glaives in European Culture.
    1200px-Hallebardes-p1000544.jpg

    Yet these are what the new class use 4th one from the right.
    While these are also polearms they are technically called, Niginata or Guandao
    635e5f496bd7ee225a1e662b276168b6.jpg
    6f362b5aa46b783d2d96f58d186a2ca3.jpg
    WE most likely will see derivations similar to these.

    Glaives_by_Wendelin_Boeheim.jpg

  • Idi0ticGeniusIdi0ticGenius ✭✭✭✭✭
    KnightFalz wrote: »
    Ok bud. I'm ex military and a fan of novel fictions. Let's not start talking about weapon technicalities. I'll open the book on ya.

    Neither your military experience or book opening is going to change that any pole with a blade on the end is a polearm.

    Some things are just basic like that.

    I'm not saying you are wrong. However let's be more accurate shall we?

    These are by fact historically accurate Polearms by definition also called Glaives in European Culture.
    1200px-Hallebardes-p1000544.jpg

    Yet these are what the new class use 4th one from the right.
    While these are also polearms they are technically called, Niginata or Guandao
    635e5f496bd7ee225a1e662b276168b6.jpg
    6f362b5aa46b783d2d96f58d186a2ca3.jpg
    WE most likely will see derivations similar to these.

    Glaives_by_Wendelin_Boeheim.jpg

    yes, this is from official BHS post (translated)

    da1c64d8b18d462ebb8b2fff2b3890b8.png

  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    @Idi0ticGenius

    You beat me to it. I was about to add that I just found it too.
  • WitchyGirlWitchyGirl ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    nevermind .....
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    WitchyGirl wrote: »
    dont know if anyone has said this yet, but how about the name "BLADEDANCER"
    :)

    To bad she doesn't sing while she attacks. Then I would say Bladesinger
This discussion has been closed.