Paragon -> Valkyrie Wins [Updated]

Comments

• I think Paragon is a cool name, it reminds me of Dragon Age.
  • Paragon to me sounds more in line with Greek culture then the TERA lore. Lunar Dancer however had me hooked when I first saw it referred to as such.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quelaag wrote: »
    I think Paragon is a cool name, it reminds me of Dragon Age.

I love that game and yes, Paragons from the dwarf race.

• And how do you know it's going to be referred to as a Gliave? I"m just saying it would be inaccurate to be calling it that. Especially when the design is not a glaive at all. In your opinion it would be a functioning title. However the facts of everything being layed out at present dictates that it would not be a functioning title. Glaiver is a European title. It does not fit.

It is mentioned in the class name poll as a detail voters may want to consider.

The details that matter... those of the game... do make it a functional title. Unless they decide to change the weapon name in the game that's just how it is, accurate to the real world or not.

The class name fits the already established format for this version of the game, so arguing that it is European in nature isn't going to get you very far.
  • MagichanMagichan ✭✭✭
    Sentinel and Paragon would've been decent names for mid- and high-tier gear respectively, imo.
  • friends please dont fanboy the vote for "moondancer" just because we all thought it was gonna be "Lunar Dancer" atleast the original idea was cool, just vote for "Valkyrie" at this point, you all know it's cooler than a re-brand of the original
  • I feel they should have reserved a better name for the class...

Paragon is the name of the class? Seriously?

I thought this was referring to "levels" which is what Paragon means in nearly every other game that uses that term.
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhugga wrote: »
    I feel they should have reserved a better name for the class...

I thought this was referring to "levels" which is what Paragon means in nearly every other game that uses that term.

Not anymore, there's a poll for the new name.

And what do you mean by Paragon = "levels"?
  • RhuggaRhugga
    edited March 2017

In a lot of fantasy RPG settings, Paragon means like higher advancement of some sort once at "max level". It can be a series of skills, abilities, etc... But it typically demonstrates advancment of some sort at higher levels. Even in pencil and paper D&D.
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I'm rather confused why lunardancer wasn't an option

But out of all those, I LOVE the name valkyrie <3 So glad it seemed to have won. Seemed moondancer was close, which was my second choice
  • I wish my name were fixed on the forums for this to DeLedian (Deledian if Tera is still fickle about the second capital)

Why not a "Lunari" class name? Short, sweet, moon reference....

For me, Paragon, and Valkyrie cry out "I wear heavy armour" which this class doesn't appear to. Moondancer would scream out "I wear very little" aka cloth. I do like Sentinel, yet it just..... yea... doesn't seem right for some reason. And Glaivedancer, well watching the videos of the skills, it doesn't really seem to 'dance' unless you want to rename the Warrior a "Wardancer" as they both seem to move the same way =/

In a lot of fantasy RPG settings, Paragon means like higher advancement of some sort once at "max level". It can be a series of skills, abilities, etc... But it typically demonstrates advancment of some sort at higher levels. Even in pencil and paper D&D.

Really? because I never heard of Paragon used for that.
  • Really? because I never heard of Paragon used for that.

The term Paragon is used in more recent versions of Dungeons and Dragons for a system for further development of high level characters. I haven't heard about it being used in other pnp RPGs, but I don't pay as much attention to them as I used to.
    KnightFalz wrote: »
    Really? because I never heard of Paragon used for that.

The term Paragon is used in more recent versions of Dungeons and Dragons for a system for further development of high level characters. I haven't heard about it being used in other pnp RPGs, but I don't pay as much attention to them as I used to.

For the prestige classes? Or is that another mechanic?
  • For the prestige classes? Or is that another mechanic?

If I recall correctly it was sort of a replacement for prestige classes, but as I say pnp RPGs haven't been a focus of mine for some time. I believe they were introduced in 4th ed. and carried forward into 5th but you would get more accurate and complete information through an online search.
This discussion has been closed.