[TERA Console] We will enter maintenance on 05/26 (Tue) at 7:00 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

Paragon -> Valkyrie Wins [Updated]

Comments

• Paragon is also the levels after hitting Max Level in Diablo 3, the Paragon system
  • WitchyGirlWitchyGirl ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    nevermind .....
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    KnightFalz wrote: »

And how do you know it's going to be referred to as a Gliave? I"m just saying it would be inaccurate to be calling it that. Especially when the design is not a glaive at all. In your opinion it would be a functioning title. However the facts of everything being layed out at present dictates that it would not be a functioning title. Glaiver is a European title. It does not fit.

It is mentioned in the class name poll as a detail voters may want to consider.

The details that matter... those of the game... do make it a functional title. Unless they decide to change the weapon name in the game that's just how it is, accurate to the real world or not.

The class name fits the already established format for this version of the game, so arguing that it is European in nature isn't going to get you very far.

While you may accept those things I do not. This is simply an uneducated naming with it comes to a weapon design. In game the name of the weapon really won't matter as every weapon similar to each other will have different weapons skins, and different names. A previous picture points that out and so do you.

What I am trying to point out and get to be understood is that it is in FACT wrong to call glaive when it clearly is not by not only Artistic designs but real world designs. Yes this is not a real world, that does not mean real world ideologies would not exist in a game. Weapons are one of those ideologies.

Sure this may not bother a lot people when it comes to a piece of metal used to kills monsters with a pixel creation. It really won't matter to a lot of people. However, things like this may matter to a lot of people. It matters to me.

By taking a realistic historical weapon and install the concept into the game, yet name it incorrectly says a lot about developers and creators in the process of it.

I know I sound like Trump now. I'm not trying to.

People are only familiarizing themselves with the weapon design away from it's authorship, for European/Latin preferences. The familiarize themselves with calling it what it's not because they simply either refuse to or they are uneducated to accept that fact.

By release date of the class what ever it is called is what ever it is called even it they name it toothpick. Educated decisions are important. No just accepting what ever and going with the flow of a cultural decision against original design.
  • YuxibrYuxibr ✭✭✭
    It should be Glaiver. :3
  • WitchyGirlWitchyGirl ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    nevermind .....
  • i'd stick to valkyrie
  • After 15 pages Im sick of the class already I'll create a brand new PAPORI
  • just try harder guys find the right name i believe in you all you got this in about 30 pages more we'll find the answer just don't give up

lolol.jpg

• @Spacecats what about asking BHS for changes in the classes naming system? This is the second time that we hit the 2 word naming issue.
  • @Spacecats

i feel like you were too quick to make the poll for the new class. I would have suggested to allow us to suggest names with good reasoning ahead of time that way we could have a proper vote with community suggested names.

i would have Suggested Samurai for instance as Samurai's did used naigatanas and sometimes glaives which the class is based off of as well as other things within Japanese lore that involves the moon. I feel like this would fit better than booth "moondancer" and "valkyrie" as valkyries are the complete opposite of what this class represents and moondancer seems to just be a synonym of LunarDancer in attempts to make a reference.

I would rather have the community suggest names first before going to a poll because then you can say we were able to pic our idea of the best name for the new class instead of all 4 of these names which seem to not fit the class at all and people are voting valkyrie not because they think it fits, but rather that it is the least. in their opinion (and somewhat mine), dumb sounding name out of the 4. No offence to who made the name up.

I would suggest we take the poll down and start a new 2 parter where we all come up with names for it, with reasons. then you or a team of people select the best names for their reasons and we make a poll from there!
  • @Spacecats

i feel like you were too quick to make the poll for the new class. I would have suggested to allow us to suggest names with good reasoning ahead of time that way we could have a proper vote with community suggested names.

i would have Suggested Samurai for instance as Samurai's did used naigatanas and sometimes glaives which the class is based off of as well as other things within Japanese lore that involves the moon. I feel like this would fit better than booth "moondancer" and "valkyrie" as valkyries are the complete opposite of what this class represents and moondancer seems to just be a synonym of LunarDancer in attempts to make a reference.

I would rather have the community suggest names first before going to a poll because then you can say we were able to pic our idea of the best name for the new class instead of all 4 of these names which seem to not fit the class at all and people are voting valkyrie not because they think it fits, but rather that it is the least. in their opinion (and somewhat mine), dumb sounding name out of the 4. No offence to who made the name up.

I would suggest we take the poll down and start a new 2 parter where we all come up with names for it, with reasons. then you or a team of people select the best names for their reasons and we make a poll from there!

They cannot do the new poll thing, why are people continuing to freak out over a simple CLASS NAME?

They are on time constraints, especially since En Masse is responsible for most localization for EU languages.

Deal with whatever name is chosen after the poll is over, they have far more important things to do and worry about.
  • MinazukiMinazuki ✭✭✭
    @Spacecats

I would suggest do more research on the class Samurai or Japanese culture. Samurai is mainly for male and when use it on female, it would be samurai-ko/侍子(female samurai). Or sometime they just call onna(女) samurai(侍). It hardly to use Samurai on female cause of Androcentric.
  • Minazuki wrote: »

I would suggest do more research on the class Samurai or Japanese culture. Samurai is mainly for male and when use it on female, it would be samurai-ko/侍子(female samurai). Or sometime they just call onna(女) samurai(侍). It hardly to use Samurai on female cause of Androcentric.

Ninjas didnt use a comically large shurikan as a melee weapon historically but TERA gets away with it anyways. give it some leniency
  • MinazukiMinazuki ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Minazuki wrote: »

Ninjas didnt use a comically large shurikan as a melee weapon historically but TERA gets away with it anyways. give it some leniency

Not just Tera, there have been some games that having ninja using huge shuriken, even comic/novel/anime. Since none know on the history if there really ninja use that huge shuriken, there don't have a clear history about Ninja. But when come to the name Samurai that different story cause it have a clear history on it and also Japan culture at that time or till now is Androcentric.
    ( it have too much need to explain so I stop here since = = English is my 3rd languages... )
    There also game/comic/novel that use samurai on female character but those are second creation, which change the character gender to female... fan service story...

As long as there second creation, it really up to people but it sometime given people who new to it a wrong ideas on something. At the end... up to people = =
  • AccelAccel ✭✭
    i like Moondancer alot better then Valkyrie so tired of seeing that name
This discussion has been closed.