Paragon -> Valkyrie Wins [Updated]

Comments

• JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    That's the point though. There isn't a single game that hasn't been made that doesn't pull things from anywhere it can.
    Yes it's pulled off some references of idea theory, but different religion and lore. Are you saying castanics are immortal? So logical sense it's ridiculous when people have no idea what Valkyrie even means or were it originated from! So how ridiculous can it be? It's like changing the castanic name to be Valkyrie. So I'm asking, why even? Just because it sounds cool?

In Norse mythology, a valkyrie (from Old Norse valkyrja "chooser of the slain") is one of a host of female figures who choose those who may die in battle and those who may live. Selecting among half of those who die in battle (the other half go to the goddess Freyja's afterlife field Fólkvangr), the valkyries bring their chosen to the afterlife hall of the slain, Valhalla, ruled over by the god Odin. There, the deceased warriors become einherjar (Old Norse "single (or once) fighters"[1]). When the einherjar are not preparing for the events of Ragnarök, the valkyries bear them mead. Valkyries also appear as lovers of heroes and other mortals, where they are sometimes described as the daughters of royalty, sometimes accompanied by ravens and sometimes connected to swans or horses.

Valkyries appear as lovers of heroes and other mortals, so technically how does it even make sense?

Never said Castanics were immortal. What I did refer you do was to read the lore and then the mythos and find your parallelism. With your edit here it clearly shows you can't see it at all.

I recommend you just read the Castanic lore. Ponder on it while you reread the Mythos of the Valkyrie. See what similarities you can find. If you can't see them then I'm sorry. Your post shows you clearly haven't taken the time to do so at all.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    @PhoenixKiss

You are assuming that those who didnt vote for Valkyrie ia becauae they hate it.

I will use your same logic against you, 59% voted against Moondancer because they dont want it to be the name for the new class. Looking at that your whole point crumbles.
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    Tera is another world, Valkyrie can mean anything there.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    @PhoenixKiss

Valkyries and the most powerfyl nordic gods die in Ragnarock.

So they are not inmorthal beings.

Valkyrie has the lead on the pool and 59% dont want Moondancer, 94% dont want sentinel, 94% dont want glaivedancer, 96% don want paragon.

So the better choice is to give the name where 58% dont like it, it means Valkyrie is the less hated name on the pool and the one most ppl are willingly to play on.

Your point is still crumbling.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    How ridiculous is it now to say Valkyrie for a castanic class? Are you really sure about it or do you really think it just sounds cool? This class is not a Valkyrie! Thanks for your non-logical inputs. Because the rest of us, which is more percent HATES IT! That's 56% are actually logical minded! Oh wait, so where is 2%...the poll is wrong!

http://www.vikingrune.com/2012/10/valkyries-of-norse-legend/

we dont know, because we cant vote for second, third, fourth and fifth

my choice is valkyrie, sentinel, paragon, moondancer and glaivedancer
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    @PhoenixKiss

You are assuming that those who didnt vote for Valkyrie ia becauae they hate it.

I will use your same logic against you, 59% voted against Moondancer because they dont want it to be the name for the new class. Looking at that your whole point crumbles.

So what's the point of a poll? All it does is create anathema! This poll was meaningless, because for the record, I don't like any of names, but I am ok with something that best describes the class though. Perhaps to why 2% didn't vote, is because no one liked the names, therefore the poll is meaningless because it was not 100% total; I didn't vote. Some people voted because they wanted something rather than Valkyrie, which most percent hated to begin with. I will tell you again, Valkyrie doesn't fit the class description!

@PhoenixKiss It just seems the one trying to create anathema is you with strict "Valkyrie lore must fit to the letter" mentality. En Masse has yet to release lore and names of skills for the new class, so your "Valkyrie doesn't fit the class description" stance is pointless argument against the name.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it's pulled off some references of idea theory, but different religion and lore which makes it different..how many times do I have to say it? The word Valkyrie does not involve the class description and many people have said it besides me. Valkyries became mortal only if they fall in love with a mortal. Just most of them are said to be mortal because most of them fell in love with a mortal.

but fraya fall in love with kaidun and jelena fall in love with ellion and maybe zolyn fall in love with paesyn and become mortal B)
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    66ECX7NAN7 wrote: »

Can you explain that? How does another world relate to this logical debate? Tera is NOT the body of mythology of the North Germanic people stemming from Norse paganism and continuing after the Christianization of Scandinavia and into the Scandinavian folklore of the modern period.

yes it is with b00b elf, fraya, elin, flying horse, velik :3
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    vkobe wrote: »
    66ECX7NAN7 wrote: »

Can you explain that? How does another world relate to this logical debate? Tera is NOT the body of mythology of the North Germanic people stemming from Norse paganism and continuing after the Christianization of Scandinavia and into the Scandinavian folklore of the modern period.

yes it is with b00b elf, fraya, elin, flying horse, velik :3

Velika is not part of that area or any other part. How is that logical? Care to explain more?

velik frigg :3
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    That fact is that Valkyrie is non-logical if you really read of what it really is and besides it's strictly for the body of mythology of the North Germanic people stemming from Norse paganism and continuing after the Christianization of Scandinavia and into the Scandinavian folklore of the modern period. So how does your logic make any sense to say it's right just because it sounds cool?

Just remember 2% didn't vote, based on the numbers of the whole community for NA or it could be an error? That percent could be for anything, even moondancer, which I was ok with, but I didn't vote.

"Valkyrie is non-logical" is your opinion, not a fact... My logic doesn't make any sense to you because you assume Valkyrie "sounds cool" to me.

This discussion has been closed.