The State of the Poll

Comments

• ZuvelZuvel ✭✭
    We should just accept the one that wins thats how democracy works...
  • NilkemiosNilkemios ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Wait. Where is the poll again?

Never mind that... > . >
  • vkobe wrote: »
    Moonzie wrote: »
    I am going to keep posting this....

Why does class name matter?

Choose your character name based on the gameplay of the character, not the class name.

It's so completely useless to sit on forums and to argue over a name of a class, when there is so much more you all can be doing with your time.

because the lfg can be very embarassing if the class name is too ugly

lfg valkyrie is more cool than lfg moondancer B)

Should just restart the poll With the two options Moon Dancer and Valkyrie...and if they're still about tied, then gather inspiration from the poll its self and call it Poledancer. LFG Poledancer vary niiiice.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    VMLoki wrote: »
    vkobe wrote: »

Choose your character name based on the gameplay of the character, not the class name.

It's so completely useless to sit on forums and to argue over a name of a class, when there is so much more you all can be doing with your time.

Should just restart the poll With the two options Moon Dancer and Valkyrie...and if they're still about tied, then gather inspiration from the poll its self and call it Poledancer. LFG Poledancer vary niiiice.

Actually that is the law of polls, if too close restarts with less options so yeah your theory might work in the end lol
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    VMLoki wrote: »
    vkobe wrote: »

Actually that is the law of polls, if too close restarts with less options so yeah your theory might work in the end lol

Galactic Kitten already stated that can't be done becuase of schedule.

Whatever name wins in this pool is going to be the new name for the upcoming class.
  • The poll has already effectively sorted itself into two viable options. There is no need to restart something to accomplish what the voting process has already done.
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    Update
    1798 to 1873. Valkyrie leads by 1% on Day 2.

Over night the heat as calmed somewhat as the excitement from beginning of the poll has started to fade. Yet there are those of the community that are forming themselves into the likeness of zealots with passion to the class, endlessly continuing their campaign to promote one name versus another. During the beginning of the poll many have debated as to why the class should be called one name over another bringing logical, and historical reasoning into the foray in attempt to assist steer the course of the poll in one name or the other. Philosophical discussions, debates have begun for the purposes invoking reason over fadicism.
  • I'm still gonna refer to the class as Lunar Dancer in game, as I imagine many others will do as well. Guess it's just that salty old player mentality of true stubbornness when I need things to go my way or else.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update
    1798 to 1873. Valkyrie leads by 1% on Day 2.

Over night the heat as calmed somewhat as the excitement from beginning of the poll has started to fade. Yet there are those of the community that are forming themselves into the likeness of zealots with passion to the class, endlessly continuing their campaign to promote one name versus another. During the beginning of the poll many have debated as to why the class should be called one name over another bringing logical, and historical reasoning into the foray in attempt to assist steer the course of the poll in one name or the other. Philosophical discussions, debates have begun for the purposes invoking reason over fadicism.

hue your narrative on that makes it look like a chapter of epic battle on some classic book
  • I Vote Valkyrie for 2 reasons:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valkyrie

• SaphirKanzakiSaphirKanzaki ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    why didn't we get a name a suggestion thread first, I would have done it in 3 phases;
    1) name suggestion thread (get lots of names)
    2) vote between say 10 or 20 candidates to decide final selection
    3) final vote between top 2 or 3 choices.

( Removed for Forum Violations )
  • SylvietteSylviette ✭✭✭
    Not sure why EME didn't take the time to do this step by step properly. We as players got to suggest our best names, then vote for what we have picked, and EME would have even more time to test the next patch for bugs (considering all they would have to do is a simple replace command, the remaining time should be dedicated for testing).
    We didn't expect EME to bring out new patch sooner anyway, why force yourself into a rushed situation ? (unless it's because of Revelation Online OBT on March 2nd, which I don't think is a problem since every other mmo would lose part of their population for it, and will regain them back after a week or two after they ran out of thing to do in RO - as what I have experienced).
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylviette wrote: »
    Not sure why EME didn't take the time to do this step by step properly. We as players got to suggest our best names, then vote for what we have picked, and EME would have even more time to test the next patch for bugs (considering all they would have to do is a simple replace command, the remaining time should be dedicated for testing).
    We didn't expect EME to bring out new patch sooner anyway, why force yourself into a rushed situation ? (unless it's because of Revelation Online OBT on March 2nd, which I don't think is a problem since every other mmo would lose part of their population for it, and will regain them back after a week or two after they ran out of thing to do in RO - as what I have experienced).

the name was supposed to be paragon, but after people show their disagree, he made a special poll in emergency :3
  • SylvietteSylviette ✭✭✭
    Exactly what I mean, EME put themselves into emergency situation when there're no reason to do that.
    The ninja patch this week was expected to be arrived next week or the week after (based on ktera schedule), there's no need to release it right now and push the release of new class forward, and there will be 2 buffering weeks for the community to make their name choice and EME has more time to test/change/do whatever they want for the perfect new class release. Win - win. Instead they pushed it for no reason and shot themselves in the foot (theirs, and ours).
  • Sylviette wrote: »
    Instead they pushed it for no reason and shot themselves in the foot (theirs, and ours).
    It's not exactly no reason -- BHS is trying to get all global markets on a certain cadence (since they directly produce the builds for all markets), and having them get behind just to spend more time debating the name isn't really worth it. Plus, EME does the primary English localization work for all markets (particularly EU), so being delayed here could also hold them up.

In the end, of course, they should have remembered that people are fussy about names and thought to do a poll before.