[PC] Maintenance is now complete!

The State of the Poll

Comments

• LyemLyem ✭✭
    Makes me feel like there was no reason to change it from paragon at all.

It's weapon is a Guandao, a Chinese weapon used in martial arts.
    It's Castanic locked, meaning she'll be horned, tan and full of tattoos.

If someone could point what a Valkyrie has in common with it, but we know the answer is nothing.

Basically it was never supposed to have something to do with the class or represent her, community just wanted to choose a random weird name themselves.

• MesogogMesogog ✭✭✭
    Valkyrie rolls off the tongue nicer plus it sounds sexier :p
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    It's not exactly no reason -- BHS is trying to get all global markets on a certain cadence (since they directly produce the builds for all markets), and having them get behind just to spend more time debating the name isn't really worth it. Plus, EME does the primary English localization work for all markets (particularly EU), so being delayed here could also hold them up.

In the end, of course, they should have remembered that people are fussy about names and thought to do a poll before.

Are you still around? Wow...

I remember reading some of your posts even from some 2years+ ago

Anyway.

Are you going to try the new class? It would be nice if you could get some in game experience too! :D

p.s. i feel that moondancer is more relevant to the class than valkyrie since the latter is about holy stuff and so on..
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyem wrote: »

If someone could point what a Valkyrie has in common with it, but we know the answer is nothing.

Basically it was never supposed to have something to do with the class or represent her, community just wanted to choose a random weird name themselves.

but commander fraya asked hamisna to become a valkyrie to kidnap argon warrior and change them into b00b elf B)
  • XuekaoXuekao ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    when i think valkyrie i think of the ones from Ragnarok Online lol
  • AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    #teamvalkyrie #letsdothis
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Last day of the pool and the numbers do not lie.

Anyone who knows about statistics and how this tend to bring results on pools by now know the winner.

I would ask to EME team to put extra effort in this since from today would be the day that some ppl could try to sway or influence the pool to give extra advantage or turn the tide on something that already has been made clear the winner for new class.

I think there could be a lot of players that didnt join the pool but if they havent already it would be weird and uncommon to then to join by now.

I dont think we will have more than 100 votes today so this has been settle already.

Nice try Michael Jackson, You were a proud contender but destiny choose (or better say community choose) a god/goddess like class rather than a pop singer and dancer to be the next class.
  • BonbonnieBonbonnie ✭✭✭
    Would make a political joke about all of this, but as they say... your vote counts. ;3
    @VMLoki

There is no need to restart the pool with only Valkyrie and Moondancer.

If that is done the Valkyrie would win by more votes.

Ppl who voted for Sentinel and Paragon would vote for Valkyrie rather than Moondancer.

Ppl who voted for Glaivedancer would add to Moondancer.

I thinl this is obvious.
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    Update
    This is the 3rd day of the polls with the votes 2600 to 2707 with Valkyrie continuing to lead by 1%. Like any other voting even, there are those that linger in the background watching and continuing to debate amongst themselves why one name is better than another. However, with the polls coming close to ending, the atmosphere has become to change in the direction of talking about the upcoming class more intently as to the best build features for when they are able to play the new class. It's almost as if the hush tone is a sign that the leading name has been accepted to be the final decision. Yet the lead could very well change over night, making Moondancer the new name of the class if Valkyrie does not gain a stronger lead.
  • They should make Valkyrie vs Moondancer poll only. Valkyrie has nothing to do with the new class still. #MakeTeraGreatAgain #TeamMoondancer
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    they miss time, so they cant

and go team valkyrie atfer we can dance on soffyasd and moondancer bodies with our valkyries B)
    @vkobe

As you said and even if they redo the pool the ones who voted for paragon and sentinel would do it for Valkyrie rather tha Michael Jackson.

So the only one who benefits from the actual pool would lose for more votes than it is losing by now.

So there is no need to waste more time on it.

The gods has blessing us with a proper name for the next class, one that matches the epic deeds we are going throught in game.

Those who wants to dance can make and Elin and AFK dancing on Veliks main street for a copper or two.
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Soffyasd wrote: »
    They should make Valkyrie vs Moondancer poll only. Valkyrie has nothing to do with the new class still. #MakeTeraGreatAgain #TeamMoondancer

The name Valkyrie has everything to do with the new class as its already part of the Tera universe!
  • MinazukiMinazuki ✭✭✭
    Lyem wrote: »

You ever know the meaning of the name in other languages XD ?
    ヴァルキュリア/戦乙女 - War/Battle maiden, for direct translate
    女武神 - War/Material Art Goddess, for direct translate
    Then let see the role for Valkyrie is chooser of the slain, what you can image?

By the two questions you ask, if you ask it on other name... what kind of answer you going to give?