The State of the Poll

123457

Comments

  • ElinUsagi wrote: »
    @RimbaldiOfTera

    The time zone for the pool is Pacific Time.

    We will have more time after 0:00 hours hits Central Time.

    timezones1.jpg
    pacific_time_by_rimbaldi-db1bbly.png


    I have to correct you. Sorry. (It's Poll not pool)
    Already happened. The poll has ended.

    It is still going on... the Poll does not end until midnight... and it is not considered Monday until 12:01AM
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    @Moonzie did you just vote to know if it's still going on. Otherwise Spacecats says at midnight Sunday it closes. Which means it would be closed. Otherwise he would have said midnight Monday. Just need to clarify if you just voted or not. If you didn't just now vote. Sorry to say but the English language would dictate alone that it's closed. However if someone actually just voted then it would still be open. Which is Spacecats fault then for misinforming us.
    This is from the actually Poll page.
    Votes will be tallied this Sunday, March 5 at Midnight PST.[/color]

    Once we hit midnight again pacific time it will then be the 6th.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    @RimbaldiOfTera

    When you say monday midnight you dont mean Monday at 0:00 hours but Tuesday at 0:00 hours.

    This is something that I didnt decided to be but is how ppl lived by now refering midnight at the intersection time from the current day and the next day.

    Meaning today at 23:59:59.9999999999 will be the last chance to vote.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    @RimbaldiOfTera

    When you say monday midnight you dont mean Monday at 0:00 hours but Tuesday at 0:00 hours.

    This is something that I didnt decided to be but is how ppl lived by now refering midnight at the intersection time from the current day and the next day.

    Meaning today at 23:59:59.9999999999 will be the last chance to vote.

    23:59:59.9999999999 los angeles B)

  • GinjitsuGinjitsu ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    @Xuekao

    Exactly.

    We dont need a Michael Jackson referense on a Fantasy game.

    Those who are not feeded enoith with moon reference they can go and see the movie Moonwalker so they can apease their feelings.

    My Little Pony reference is even worse!
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    @RimbaldiOfTera

    When you say monday midnight you dont mean Monday at 0:00 hours but Tuesday at 0:00 hours.

    This is something that I didnt decided to be but is how ppl lived by now refering midnight at the intersection time from the current day and the next day.

    Meaning today at 23:59:59.9999999999 will be the last chance to vote.

    No I don't mean Tuesday. That is not how we read time in the United States and that is not how we ready time in the Military. So how about a little bit more specification here. ON Saturday 24:00 hours (military time) the poll was closed. Saturday 24:00 hours is the same as reading Sunday 12:00 AM Midnight.

    Reference material:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight
    Midnight is the transition time period from one day to the next: the moment when the date changes. In ancient Roman timekeeping, midnight was halfway between sunset and sunrise (i.e., solar midnight), varying according to the seasons. By clock time, midnight is the opposite of noon, differing from it by 12 hours.

    Now Sunday 00:01 hours (military time) is the same as Sunday 12:01 AM. I know how to tell time. I know how time works with days. I was taught this all my life. We went over this in every grade, College and in the military. This is not something you can correct me when I am clearly not wrong.

    By most definitions, the date changes at midnight. That is, at the precise stroke of 12:00:00. That time, along with 12:00:00 noon, are technically neither AM or PM because AM and PM mean "ante-meridiem" and "post-meridiem", and noon and midnight are neither ante- nor post- meridiem. However, for convenience, most people lump the 12:00:00 time with its nearest neighbor, 12:00:01, which IS AM or PM.

    Since the date changes at the stroke of midnight, there is always ambiguity about which date you refer to. Midnight on the 10th technically means at the start of the 10th, but when most people speak they mean it to be at the end of the 10th.

    If I said "I'll meet you Friday at midnight" or "I'll meet you Friday night at midnight" you (and most people) would probably interpret both times as the midnight that follows Friday noon. However, there are cases where the first sentence really means "the midnight at the start of Friday".

    Since the common usage conflicts with the technical definition, Spacecats should have been totally clear, using other words or other times.

    Such as: Sunday night at midnight; which would have been interpreted as "Midnight in the night which follows Sunday evening".

    11:59pm Saturday or Sunday, and 12:01Am Sunday or Monday are unambiguous.

    I think perhaps Spacecats just wasn't clear enough with the way people understand midnight. In any case Tommorrow which is Monday there is no poll taking place at all. It's done and totally done.

    Let's go ahead and assume that 11:59 pm Sunday pacific time the poll is closed entirely. For the reason that on Monday the votes would be tallied anyway, and work would begin on the files ect.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    @RimbaldiOfTera

    We are not soldiers and we do what we are taught.

    Most ppl here understand that this pool is going to end today midnight and that we acknolegde it to be today when this day reach its end.

    Its common sense friend, something specialists and ppl that go further lose little by little.
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    @RimbaldiOfTera

    We are not soldiers and we do what we are taught.

    Most ppl here understand that this pool is going to end today midnight and that we acknolegde it to be today when this day reach its end.

    Its common sense friend, something specialists and ppl that go further lose little by little.
    Ok well sense you don't care to see truth and facts I'll just place you back on the ignore list. You simply are annoying me.

  • SuperatorSuperator
    edited March 2017
    The poll just updated on its numbers, so it's still ongoing. Moondancer went from 2795 to 2798 and Valkyrie went from 2885 to 2888, that should be prove enough that the deadline hasn't been reached yet. (I still hope Valkyrie remains victorious lol, Moondancer is just horrible spelled like that and with the [filtered] MLP references...)
  • Superator wrote: »
    The poll just updated on its numbers, so it's still ongoing. Moondancer went from 2795 to 2798 and Valkyrie went from 2885 to 2888, that should be prove enough that the deadline hasn't been reached yet. (I still hope Valkyrie remains victorious lol, Moondancer is just horrible spelled like that and with the [filtered] MLP references...)

    Yep, people refuse to pay attention to the numbers I guess today to see if it is still ongoing, which it is.
  • sunday midnight, is tonight bro. at 12:00 am TONIGHT is when it ends.
  • narkfestmojonarkfestmojo ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    It won't alter the outcome, Valkyrie is going to win even if the poles were open for another week.

    Besides, we're all here at each others throats over the decision between a giant douche and a [filtered] sandwich. The community did not get to choose the candidates, almost everyone wanted either Poledancer or Lunardancer, but those are not options.

    Normally we would be united in our distain and opposition to a terrible name EME/BHS have selected, the tables have certainly turned.
    We're all here arguing with each other instead of with EME and I can't tell if it's a diabolically cleaver genius strategy by Spacecats?
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    Rimbaldi is from the United States? I had thought he wasn't a native English speaker.
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    Update 10:38 pm Pacific time

    Ok apparently the poll was to close on Sunday Night at Midnight. Yes the poll numbers have changed. Moondancer lingers by 100 votes behind Valkyrie. Still.

    There are only a one hour and a half left before we reach Sunday Night at Midnight cut off time for the poll. Get your votes in while you can.
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    Congratulations Valkyrie
Sign In or Register to comment.