[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

New Class Lore?

Does anyone know if they released any new lore when they released the new class?

Comments

• JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    IdioticGenius would be the one to ask. As that lore has been posted in one of the discussion threads I believe Paragon. I'll try and hunt it down for you.
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    Here you got it's copied
    Story (Full Version)

After the Devan Conquest, ‘Moon Clan’ which Lunar Dancer was part of was massacred by their fellow Castanics on their way back to their hometown. In the midst of this tragedy, the sole surviving Lunar Dancer vows to get revenge upon those who betrayed the clan…
    With the end of the Devan Conquest, each participating race began returning to their respective home. Among the Castanics, was the eldest daughter of the Moon Clan who participated in the war as her village representative.

Her clan was the moon that shone brightly in the darkness, and they did so in the war as well. When the Devan Conquest attacked toward the Castanics during the early stages of war, “Kaia’s Sword” sent official notices to the Leaders of Castanic Settlement to recruit soldiers, but other clans made various excuses to decline participating in the war. Nobody was forced to join, but it was obvious how they would be treated if there weren’t a single Castanic participating the war. At this time, this would mean subjecting to discrimination from not only other races, but including their own as well. That’s when Moon Clan decided to participate in the war, and the one with greatest skill in handling spears among the clan decided to join the war herself.

She thankfully survived the long time on the battlefield. And in just four more days she was to return to her village. With pride in her accomplishments and thoughts of a warm welcome from her clansmen, she tended a soft smile. With that in mind, the fatigue from the battlefield seemed to wear off.

At the same time, the families who evacuated to Kaiator started returning to their village one by one to confirm if their home village was still standing.

The place was farther than Castanica where Castanics lived to hide from the eyes of other races and because of its distance, even the Devans could not find the place, and compared to the other villages, the damage was miniscule. After all the clans returned to the place and while the clan leaders inquired the status of other clans, they were met with tragic news. The village leader had died in the war. While many mourned for the loss, the clan leaders started debating on voting on the village leader carefully.

As the village was home to many various clans, so was the law of the village to nominate the winner of the inter-clan competition as the village leader. Among the remaining clans, Clan Moon was the strongest for being apt with glaives, such that there were rumors that there was ‘divination’ passed down in the clan. Thus, even without waiting for the competition, it was obvious which clan would be selected to give rise to a new village leader. And naturally, other clans start to check against Clan Moon. Especially the clan leader of Clan Fire, who thought that a new village leader could be nominated from her clan without Clan Moon, slowly started executing her long thought-out plan. She had made a false divination and instigated other clans to investigate the source of Clan Moon’s power.

Then on the day of the competition, the clan leader of Clan Fire claimed that she found the divination of Clan Moon and gathered all clans except Clan Moon. After seeing the divination, the clans were furious and decided to execute Clan Moon. The following was written on the divination.
    “Forge our glaives with moonlight, soaked in the blood of our brethren.”
    As the sun set and night fell, the clans gathered their might to raid Clan Moon. The clan leader and clansmen of Clan Moon met a gruesome death in their sleep.

At that moment, while returning to the village, the eldest daughter of Clan Moon witnessed the massacre. Suppressing the overflowing sadness, her rage began to flow in like flood. She clenched her weapon and charged in toward the villagers. After decimating them, she stroke down her glaive with a deep breath. Just like the fake divination that the Fire Clan had created, she honed her glaive soaked in the blood of her own race.
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    too bad they don't have new starting areas and storylines for the new classes like they did for reapers. when they did that, I thought they were going to do that for every new class afterwards.
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    I agree a new starting area on the continent closer to castanica would be proper. It would be alright to have Baldera be a new starting zone in my opinion. But yes too bad they don't.
  • PoppyTheStoutPoppyTheStout ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for the ;ore

Anyone know when was the Devan Conquest in the known time line?
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    commander fraya create valkyrie to kick dakuryon ball and take their soul to allemantheia to become b00b elf warrior forever B)
  • Idi0ticGeniusIdi0ticGenius ✭✭✭✭✭
    too bad they don't have new starting areas and storylines for the new classes like they did for reapers. when they did that, I thought they were going to do that for every new class afterwards.
    I agree a new starting area on the continent closer to castanica would be proper. It would be alright to have Baldera be a new starting zone in my opinion. But yes too bad they don't.

It kinda makes sense that they don't. As you see in their lore, she lost her entire clan and no longer has any trust on her own race as they slaughtered everyone she was close to in front of her very own eyes. In other words, she no longer has anything close to "home" as it was taken away by the other clans from her own race, and she chose to turn her back against everyone.

As for the location where the lore takes place,

"The place was farther than Castanica where Castanics lived to hide from the eyes of other races and because of its distance, even the Devans could not find the place, and compared to the other villages, the damage was miniscule."

It is a hidden place farther than Castanica, but it's definitely not Baldera since there isnt a route connected from castanica, and the concept art shows a background scene that looks something like Popolion instead. But following the lore, even if you do manage to find this hidden village that even Devans can't find (apparently Devans are the most professional hide-and-seeker among all races), there won't be anything as Valkyrie killed everyone.
    Thanks for the ;ore

Anyone know when was the Devan Conquest in the known time line?

Definitely after Day of Flames when each Alliances were formed from 3 major cities.

going off topic a bit to explain it:
    From what I remember, wars that Devan was mentioned were the second Ragnarok (or Second Divine War, whichever it is called in NA) and sometime around Holy Empire (where Giants were taking over the Arborea while calling themselves as divine beings since gods/celestials were either exhausted from war, hiding somewhere, or dead as soon as second ragnarok ended).

But the major role of Devans during second ragnarok was that it explains how they were separated as Castanics, Devans, and Archdevans.

so around Holy Empire is the only one I can think of when this event happened. Castanics didnt have major key role during this time (well, not *that* big), so there isnt much to talk about them other than they were mercenaries recruited to fight off Devans while Amans were struggling to drive them away.

However, the lore says "Kaia's Sword". Kaia didn't (really) have followers until she freed Amans after crushing Holy Empire and the Giants with the help of other gods/celestials and races (most notably Castanics and Barakas). iirc, Kaia's Sword didn't form until sometime after "the Day of Flames" which marks the Aman's independence from Holy Empire, which Amans that were taken slavery by Ice Giants in North Shara built Kaiator as celebration.

So Devan Conquest should be speculated sometime after the Day of Flames, since it was then Kaia began to have followers, in fact, Amans begged them to be their Guardian. So Kaia's Sword would have been formed sometime after this.

One more thing that's interesting is that they had to try to recruit these castanics. While we can just say it's normal when there's war, but remember that Valkyon Federation lacked soldiers during the Argon War. It makes sense that Devans began their attempt for conquest at this time because majority of soldiers were sent to Northern Shara at the time, so there weren't enough soldiers to fight off against these kind of threats. If you played through the side quests (and main quests before the questline patch), similar threats include Cultists' attempt to resurrect Lok, Orcan invasion/threats to farms, threats from Gutrends, Thulsa's invasion in various places with his undead army, etc... all these quests before the Argon storylines (lv 58+) were caused by discovery of Argons, so a lot of soldiers were sent to Kaiator to at least protect some parts of Northern Shara. This is why you only see Argons in Val Tirkai, Helkan District, and Val Kaeli. (or... well... supposed to. coughcultistrefugecough)

But whats getting me is that I'm not sure about is why the lore doesn't mention Valkyon Federation because when the Alliances were formed by major cities: Free Traders Collective, Enlightened Union, and Iron Order (Velika, Allemantheia, and Kaiator Alliances in Korean, respectively) shortly after the "Day of Flames", But Valkyon Federation wasn't exactly established until the first Argon Invasion (or Argon War).
  • I'd appreciate class lore that was not bound to an individual character. The brawler, the new class, both focus on the origin story of an individual, as opposed to the Reapers and Gunners which do not, implying that more of their 'kind' is far more plausible.
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    i still would have like to seen a video or starting area for the new classes like they did for reapers.
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    i still would have like to seen a video or starting area for the new classes like they did for reapers.
    I agree, while maintaining the old Island of Dawn as well..