[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

No revote on new class name?

Hello,

Isn't there going to be a ballot of the voting for a name of the class? @Spacecats You've basically dismissed the opinion of 41% of those who voted. The 'winner' got barely 1% more. That's hardly decisive. Not only did you offer a very limited choice but you're now plain ignoring 41% of your players? This is not a presidential election, I know, but since it's allegedly the first such community poll, you could at least try and make it fairer. Call it more democratic if you will.

I personally was going to vote for "Glaiver" but you twisted it into Glaivedancer, making it as unappealing as your previously chosen and subsequently disliked by the community "Paragon" name. So, upon checking current results first, I chose "Moondancer". Why? Because it had previously built some popularity among players but mostly because, in difference to "Valkyrie", it bore some meaning without having to consult Wikipedia. Why was "Valkyrie" even considered? How many regular players were familiar with the term beforehand? I couldn't even be bothered to check the meaning of it although we've had these Valkyrie Helm items for a while now. I don't care why TERA RU players chose it. I for one don't want class names with mythological etymology. "Valkyrie" is completely Alien to me. I am not a native English speaker (perhaps that's become obvious by now) but even in my mother tongue - Bulgarian - I've hardly ever heard/used the name of these 'warrior maidens' of Scandinavian Mythology. Even "Splinter" (the ninja turtles' master) would've been 100 times better as a class name.

There's also another thing. I play mostly on TERA EU. Given the nature of the relationship between both publishers - EnMasse and Gameforge, it is very likely TERA EU will adopt the same name for its English speaking players as TERA NA. I would really hate calling the new class "Valkyrie".

This been said, I'd like to kindly ask for a revote. There is (at least) a month left until the arrival of the new class. I believe there's more than enough time for a revote. And this time please allow 5 to 7 days for it. Although there were only 2 potential winners, it would be really nice if you included Glaiver, Moondancer and Valkyrie as options for this final vote.

Thank you for your attention!

Comments

• you win! [filtered] POST of the day.
    NO WE DONT NEED A REVOTE. That is not how this works.
  • HecateNyx wrote: »
    That is not how this works.
    And how exactly does it work?

• Every class name describes a bit about their class...priest uses staff...berserker uses strong 1-handed axe...slayer uses a typical long sword..lancer uses a lance...ninja fights like a ninja...reaper literally uses purple reaping skills...moondancer name make sense cause they use moon skills and they fight like they're dancing...Valkyire doesn't make any sense?
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, @Spacecats already said there wouldn't be another vote, they're short on time to get the class ready.
  • no mulligans.
  • FirepenguinFirepenguin ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
  • We can consider the first poll to just be a practice run, now that we are all warmed up, time for the real vote.
  • Tipanni wrote: »
    Every class name describes a bit about their class...priest uses staff...berserker uses strong 1-handed axe...slayer uses a typical long sword..lancer uses a lance...ninja fights like a ninja...reaper literally uses purple reaping skills...moondancer name make sense cause they use moon skills and they fight like they're dancing...Valkyire doesn't make any sense?
    My point exactly. Thank you!
    No, @Spacecats already said there wouldn't be another vote, they're short on time to get the class ready.
    You'll have to excuse me for not reading/listening to everything he says. :-)
    I don't know how short they are on time but I'm fine having to wait a week longer for the class release if that means not getting this ridiculous name. If they really go forward with it, I can imagine the skill names would be equally inadequate.
    We can consider the first poll to just be a practice run, now that we are all warmed up, time for the real vote.
    It's not funny but yes, reality check often comes after voting. Choosing a name based on 1% difference after a less than a 3-day voting window is even worse than imposing a random name because ignoring half of the community in my opinion is worse than choosing a name just like with any other previously introduced class.
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    If you wanted to vote against Valkyrie you shouldn't have wasted your vote on paragon, sentinel or glaivedancer.
  • They are getting ready for the next patch let them do real work, besides worry about the name. There was a poll valkerie won next subject !!!!!!
  • valkrie is a woman warrior. every mmo has a different version of valkries. some heal, some use magic, some use a sword and buckler. ours will use a glaive. moondancer lost because many thought it sounded dumb. if they had a lunardancer or a glaiver option i feel like that would've split the vote for both. Glaiver makes the most sense imo since it uses a glaive but i can see people wanting lunardancer because of the skills with the moon, such as full moon and blood moon. however valkrie won and the vote was pretty fair even if the options we got were pretty bad. Time to start embracing Valkrie.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    I called this, from the start lol.

since it was close we can call it MoonValyrieDancer AKA Pole Dancer.
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are getting ready for the next patch let them do real work, besides worry about the name. There was a poll valkerie won next subject !!!!!!

Exactly, that part's done.
  • Nootiful wrote: »
    Do we get a revote on the presidential elections too? I dont like that trump won I want a revote! I need to complain and ask for a revote!

The vote is done, you dont get a second chance. It had been previously said there was no second vote. At least Valkyrie isnt named after a my little pony character.
    You don't get it, I guess. You could choose between 2 people in the presidential elections, so no need to revote, as there has already been a pre-vote, so to speak. In other countries there are often more than 2 candidates (whatever their political background - elected or supported by some party, or applying as an independent candidate). Last year in Bulgaria for example, there were as many as 21 approved applications for President by the Central Electoral Commission. None of them got over 50% of all votes, so the first 2 went to a ballot. Anyhow.

Like I said, I would've chosen "Glaiver" - it's simple and self-explanatory, like "Slayer", "Lancer", "Gunner".
This discussion has been closed.