[PC] Maintenance is now complete!

Test Server

So when are we getting news about the test server mentioned in the producer letter?

Comments

• EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soon™ ¬.¬?
  • Ginjitsu wrote: »
    Soon™ ¬.¬?

Soon.
  • SowenSowen ✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Ginjitsu wrote: »
    Soon™ ¬.¬?

Soon.

Soon or Sooooooooooooooooooon?
  • Probably never, why get a test server, I bet its going to run better than our servers do, wouldn't top priority be possibly getting new servers all together instead of adding more to the current issue? I pretty much quit buying emp and paying for elite status since I can obtain everything in game for free with a little extra farming.
  • Soon as in when I feel like it soon lol
  • KetothKetoth ✭✭✭✭
    Tyrant666 wrote: »
    Probably never, why get a test server, I bet its going to run better than our servers do, wouldn't top priority be possibly getting new servers all together instead of adding more to the current issue? I pretty much quit buying emp and paying for elite status since I can obtain everything in game for free with a little extra farming.

imo just a few player would be allowed to play on this server, most likely there is gonna be a selection like player council.

you cant open for many players, otherwise the server will not have capacity and players will prefer play on test server since everything is suppose to be cheap in order to test.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably never, why get a test server, I bet its going to run better than our servers do, wouldn't top priority be possibly getting new servers all together instead of adding more to the current issue? I pretty much quit buying emp and paying for elite status since I can obtain everything in game for free with a little extra farming.

The test server will be a reality, yes, according to Noesis Notes:
    Coming in the very near future, we’re spinning up a temporary test server to try out new rulesets and events. We're naming it Wonderholme. While you won’t be able to transfer characters to (or from) this server, and it will be subject to frequent wipes and resets, it’s a way for us to experiment with different server configurations and let you have some fun at the same time. Our goal is to stress-test just about everything, so be sure to play as hard, and as often as you can. A full announcement will give more details in the next week or two.

We should see an official announcement on this maybe this week or the next one. Like Ketoth said, only a few players would be allowed entrance, but since everyone wants to try out the new test server, so that no one is left behind without experiencing beforehand what EME might be cooking for us, they might as well set schedules for a certain group of players to enter during the day, and then another group of players entering the next day, so that everyone will get to enjoy the test server.
  • Starravage wrote: »
    Soon as in when I feel like it soon lol

Just ask our operations and server management team, there's a little more to it than that :p
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ketoth wrote: »

imo just a few player would be allowed to play on this server, most likely there is gonna be a selection like player council.

you cant open for many players, otherwise the server will not have capacity and players will prefer play on test server since everything is suppose to be cheap in order to test.

What's the point of stress testing configurations for live servers if only a select few are allowed to join test server? I'm sure En Masse will continue to test stuff on their small private test server.

• KetothKetoth ✭✭✭✭
    its not
    Ketoth wrote: »

What's the point of stress testing configurations for live servers if only a select few are allowed to join test server? I'm sure En Masse will continue to test stuff on their small private test server.

is not and cant be for stress, otherwise you will have to waste money to have the same structure as a normal server.

is for new patch tests. to make sure nothing is broken.
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    from the live stream, I was under the impression that anyone could join the test server and it was going to be a temporary server and not last long. maybe I misunderstood, but idk. maybe spacecats will say one way or the other in this post.
    hopefully the test server will be used also for finding out why the other servers lag so much and be able to find bug fixes.
  • only brown nosers from the player council will get in.

They announced the Test Server publicly since it'll be for everyone. It won't be closed to Player Council.
  • Sowen wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Soon™ ¬.¬?

Soon.

Soon or Sooooooooooooooooooon?

Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery soon.
  • The server will be open to all players. Transfers won't be allowed, and all the characters will be deleted once the test is over.
  • RotomuRotomu ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    So will the tests done on the server (aka events). Would that be geared to low level characters? Doubt many people will even level a toon to 65 when it's not on the main server he or she plays in. Since the players can't even transfer, would handing out level 60 scrolls be too much?

As for when events will happen, will there be an announcements on other servers (or twitch) that way players can hop on to the server to participate?