There will be no TERA maintenance on 8/22. Maintenance will take place on Wednesday, 8/23.

Wonderholme Server Is Live!

Post_Header.jpg

Our new temporary test server is LIVE! You can log in and make a character now.

REMEMBER:
  • You can still spend EMP and claim items from Item Claim, but it will all be DELETED eventually. Nothing lasts in Wonderholme.
  • There will be unexpected surprises. You might die.
  • No server transfers to or from WH. Ever.
  • There will be no Customer Support tickets fulfilled for Wonderholme. Because all of this is temporary please don't make tickets if something goes wrong with your character.

Here's the full news post:
http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/wonderholme-server-is-live

Comments

• this new bugs from new test server seems tasty :3
  • YuxibrYuxibr ✭✭✭
    Would be nice if you guys put that same mount from elite to the others servers.
  • Elinu1Elinu1 ✭✭✭
    Yuxibr wrote: »
    Would be nice if you guys put that same mount from elite to the others servers.

couldn't of said it any better
  • Do we really have to level up? After every wipe lvl up again? Come on lol
  • TianaTiana ✭✭✭
    tumblr_inline_omh423ustL1rvttal_540.png

Confirmed cutie.
  • Tiana wrote: »

Confirmed cutie.

o_o
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    i think character and bank slots should be maxed out, or have a bunch of them distributed/sold by an npc

i've got founders so it's not a huge deal to me, but others with only 2 char 1 bank won't really get much to work with
  • GinjitsuGinjitsu ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's being tested on the server?
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 8
    Ginjitsu wrote: »
    What's being tested on the server?

Presently, it seems to just be the invisible backend infrastructure changes.

Other than that, the test server has a bunch of various system events running (hyper fire time, 2x XP, 2x gold, 2x drops from bosses, etc.), various BAMs spawned, and you can loot costumes from bosses. I don't know if any (or all) of these are part of the test, but obviously it's the same build we have now otherwise (since you don't need to download a separate client).
  • edited March 8
    Is the server just the wonderholme world, or is wonderholme part of the world in the server? And do you still start with a tutorial/stepstone isle? Also, the "you might die." part is not really reassuring...
  • TianaTiana ✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Tiana wrote: »

Confirmed cutie.

o_o

• counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 8
    Is the server just the wonderholme world, or is wonderholme part of the world in the server? And do you still start with a tutorial/stepstone isle? Also, the "you might die." part is not really reassuring...

It's just a regular server with some server-wide events running on it... and some high-level BAMs spawned in certain conspicuous locations. Wonderholme is just the name of the server, like Tempest Reach, Celestial Hills, etc.

As I mentioned above, the big difference seems to be behind the scenes. I personally didn't notice a big improvement in lag or connectivity myself, but I spoke to some others who noticed a huge improvement on their end. I imagine they're monitoring the data carefully.
  • Besides getting decimated by a few unexpected caterpillars, I had a fairly normal experience. Some friends and I all made characters, and didn't notice any dramatic differences. Besides the obvious events and random surprises, the actual gameplay was still very much what was expected.

That said, we only reached level 24, so we may not have had a thorough test-run yet!
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    I was at the doctor when this was announced. ....
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    [*] There will be no Customer Support tickets fulfilled for Wonderholme. Because all of this is temporary please don't make tickets if something goes wrong with your character.
    [/list]

A test server without the option to report issue to support? That's...interesting....