[TERA Console] Patch notes for the upcoming v85.01 Update are now available. Preview all of the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/TERACon_v85
[TERA PC] Patch Notes are now available for TERA's 64-bit update (v97). Check out all the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/tera64_patchnotes
[TERA PC & CONSOLE] Summerfest Part 2: The Beach Bash is on from August 11 until September 1! Participate in event activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

Tera on consoles

not sure how good that will be. so many skills to use and the turning speed is pretty slow with a controller compared to a mouse/keyboard setup.

Comments

• Eh, I can see them using the two lefts and two rights with the 4 buttons. That would give us 16 + the four buttons when not holding a left or right.

As for turning and difference between keyboard and controller, I just hope they have auto-center or first person settings to work with that. My main worry is aiming heals while running.... Only ever tried that with a mouse.
  • is it cross platform? sharing same world as pc?
  • DelusoDeluso ✭✭✭✭
    I've tried playing Tera using console controller. For me, the only controller friendly class is Reaper as she is medium range and her skills is pretty much wide area which easier to hit. I think Sorc class might be controller friendly class too but I never try it.
    Now imagine to hit people in pvp as archer. That's could be horrible. at least for me.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    If tera is made for consoles they prolly won't put it with the PC servers. They will probably also change up the camera angles.
  • I hope they make this cross platform and also allow me to use my PC account no PS4. If not I'll still play cause this is my first mmo and my PC blew up so I can't play it anymore T.T. Also to all those people who don't come here that told me I was wrong this was coming to PS4 I was right. :/
  • I don't play Tera anymore but when I did I always played with a controller for 2 straight years and never had a problem. I beat some of the top players when I played. I even played with them in BGs and they never knew that I used a controller.
  • I was a controller baby as well. This game I feel was made with consoles in mind. The combat screams to be played on a controller I feel.
  • They may make a lot of changes to how classes to play to better suit the game to a controller because I would think a lot of classes would be completely unplayable with a controller. No idea how you handle Mystic for example.
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play mystic with a controller. ive been playing tera with a controller for 4 years now, and have no problems. to me its much more easy to play. I have played all classes except for beserker. it all comes down to what you prefer to use, but at least try both ways before you pass sentence.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    EME & BHS has nothing to lose in this, however F2P MMORPG on consoles aren't that popular either.

Anyway, it would be good if player base keeps raising.
  • DelusoDeluso ✭✭✭✭
    If PC and Console are in same server, then it might helps the Tera to growth its populations.
    Otherwise it's gonna be 2 separate dying servers.
  • Eyal wrote: »
    I don't play Tera anymore but when I did I always played with a controller for 2 straight years and never had a problem. I beat some of the top players when I played. I even played with them in BGs and they never knew that I used a controller.

Did you play with a controller right from the start? Ive always played with Keyboard and Mouse and tried to switch to controller a few times so i can Tera on my TV but i just could not adapt.
  • I'm sure they'll have the option to use M+KB like final fantasy 14 does on console and they have cross platform too.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an exclusively controller player since start, I may say input is not a problem at all. Heal, DPS, whatever you name it. It just works perfectly anyway.
    You use R and L buttons (R1 L1 on PS controller, RB, LB on Xbox controller) and you get the entire standard bar of skills + UI functionality on the D-pad when no R or L pressed, and it's all configurable.

The only annoying part on controller is not rolling with the character, when you use a controller you end up combining the camera and char movement at once and get a nice speed (not to mention you should position yourself properly always anyway), but the UI. The UI is quite mouse heavy and dragging stuff with pressing the analog is a bit of a pain in the bottom.

The real issue is with the processing power: I know the PS4 and Xbox one got some punch there, and it's an x64 processor on top of that, but to just port over the code with no differences might give some crying FPS on people intensive parts, I doubt the single thread performance of the CPU would keep up.

This could mean good news for us PC players in therms of performance patches, That I'm hyped for!
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eyal wrote: »
    I don't play Tera anymore but when I did I always played with a controller for 2 straight years and never had a problem. I beat some of the top players when I played. I even played with them in BGs and they never knew that I used a controller.

Did you play with a controller right from the start? Ive always played with Keyboard and Mouse and tried to switch to controller a few times so i can Tera on my TV but i just could not adapt.

Can relate, it's the other way around for me.
    I just can't play on keyboard and mouse. This game is quite like "learn once, learn forever" in this aspect. As you may have seen on the previous post, I started the game on controller right from 1st second. I really only use mouse for UI and Iron BG tank aim.