Gunner n sorc comparision [high ping]

Hi! I want to play a ranged DPS class and I have trouble choosing between gunner and sorc. I already have reaper and warrior alts, I really like warrior with his infinite iframes and mobility, but I play with ~170 ping and with that class I constantly feel my ping restraining me. So I am looking for a class that is not ping-dependant and fun to play. How are these two classes compared to each other? What would you recommend?

Also, how is gunner DPS after recent buff? I'm not obsessed with top-tier dps classes but picking one from the bottom may make me lose motivation to get better (need enough to not trap HMs without months of experience).

I know I can play both on test server and see what I like more, but leveling content is nothing like endgame dungeons.

Comments

• I reckon maybe go with sorc. It does have a lot of iframes and a lot more mobility compared to gunner. Sorcs have backstep, warp barrier, jaunt and stone skin to stop taking damage while gunners only have roll and recall. Their mobility is also pretty low compared to sorcs. Even though you arent really obsessed with dps, i find gunner dps isnt really that great compared to sorc even before the revamp of them. However i do play with ~250ms so having nearly 100 ping lower can make quite a difference since burst fire needs low ping for it to work better. Personally i prefer sorc over gunner xD
    Good luck with fiddling around c:
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    gunner is easier to play, one of he most easiest class

but now is bad day for gunner, because nerf, so the golden age for gunner is gone for at least 3 years :)

sorcerer is one of the best dps, good iframe, so the class should stay good until in 2018 :)

if it is ping i say take gunner, because iframe dont work well with high ping
  • XandervbXandervb ✭✭✭
    I main priest so I'm used to having one short useless iframe (pre-buff backstep ftw). Is sorc just a bit more complex or warrior-like complex?
  • Go sorc. Most of gunners DPS is from filling their meter and using burst fire. Burst fire has the same issue as rapid fire (aka very ping dependant. ). The lower your ping is the faster it shoots. So at higher ping your DPS drops off
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    for me sorcerer is easier to play than warrior
  • XandervbXandervb ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your responses! Just a short feedback - got my sorc to lvl 65 and it's amazing, I barely feel any delay outside flaming barrage! So far the only thing my ping affects is a bit less filler skills that do minor dmg anyways. Hope it stays this way.
  • Gunner literally has 1/3 the dps as my sorc both are in tier 10 gear both +12.
  • Sararoze wrote: »
    Gunner literally has 1/3 the dps as my sorc both are in tier 10 gear both +12.

That just means you don't know how to play gunner. Guile gunner can pull 1.5m/s so I highly doubt your sorc does three times more.