Project W | BHS
Information on Project 'W' | by NPCPak
Last Updated: March 17, 2017
Last Updated: March 17, 2017
This is a compiled list of information based off of information shared all over the internet. Be aware that not all information is 100% accurate as it hasn't been officially announced what the project actually is. Instead, you can take this information to create your own theories on what you believe Project 'W' will actually be. If anyone has any information to add, please comment on it down below.
- MMORPG Nov 3rd, 2016"Kakao Games has announced a new partnership agreement with Bluehole to invest in a forthcoming triple-A MMORPG. Kakao has obtained the North American and European publishing rights to "Project W", the MMO's code-name."
- 2P Nov 11th, 2016"The company has said that the 'W' stands for 'World'. It represents the developer's ambition to build a world instead of a game. They are also saying that it's going to have very impressive graphics (Note: Possible reference to using Unreal Engine 4.), advanced MMO technologies and surpass all existing MMOs."
“Project W” and “Project EXA” will only be similar to TERA in terms of western fantasy design, and both new games will apparently utilize a brand new combat system, different from online games before."
- 2P Nov 3rd, 2016"Veteran developers assigned to it include Project Director Hyung-Jun Kim, former Chief Art Director at NCSOFT... Kim also added that he would “pour out every resource there is to make a product that surpasses anyone’s expectations for an MMORPG."
- 2P June 24th, 2014"Bluehole Studio representative said that this game combines both social and strategic features and is different from TERA in combat."
- MMOCulture June 24th, 2014"Announced in foreign financial news yesterday, Bluehole Studio, the South Korean developer for TERA, has obtained a 13.5 billion Korean Won (around 13.3 million US dollars) in investment from IMM Investment and Premier Partners. It was revealed that the studio is working on 2 new MMORPGs."
Project 'EXA' and Project 'W' were both announced June 24th, 2014
Project EXA has been revealed to be PlayerUnknown's Battleground, while Project "W" is only revealed to be Project World
It's mentioned that this MMORPG is to be a "blockbuster PC MMORPG", and it's planned to be announced some time in 2017.
Project 'W' is to have the similar design of TERA: The Exiled Realm of Aborea, using some aspects of the original plan during it's development. As this was said, it was also mentioned that Project 'W' does not plan to be a TERA 2 or TERA successor.
Devillian originally was owned by Ginno Games, before BHS purchased the company, and is not related to these 2 projects.
The Hunting Zone was a separate mobile game released by BHS, and is not related to these 2 projects.
Publishers: GameOn (Japan), Kakao Games (North America, South Korea and Europe)
Developers: Bluehole Studio (including staff from NCSoft: Lineage, Lineage II, Aion; XL Games: Archeage; Nexon: ZERA)
First Publicly Announced: June 24, 2014
Tags: MMO, RPG
Hey! You will be signed out in 60 seconds due to inactivity. Click here to continue using the site.