There has been a follow-up statement in the "Cheating and Third Party Tools in TERA - You Won't Believe What Happens Next!" thread in General Discussion. While posting about 3rd party programs is still against the forum rules and we ask that you adhere to that, we hope this helps address some of the questions we've been seeing in the community.

[PvE][AV & IMS] New/Old Players and Dungeon Appreciation and Application Help (NOPDAAH)

Due to the rise of this forum post here: https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/12631/thank-you-for-being-honest/p1 I have decided to put together the New/Old Players and Dungeon Appreciation and Application Help or NOPDAAH for short. NOPDAAH aims to help new, returning, or just unsure individuals look at mechanics, positioning, mannerisms and actual gear requirements (maybe even rotations).
Many new players I see coming through pre-end game dungeons are either in the wrong stance, positioned at the front of the boss, don’t chain correctly (this is mainly a slayer problem) and the reliability of some healers can be sketchy. Although you can’t help everyone as I’ve also found that some people “don’t care” about the playing of their selected class.
NOPDAAH is essentially for those who want to improve their party play as well as learn mechanics for end game dungeons, no matter their class*.
I will be running training runs for all normal mode dungeons except Ruinous Manor but will also be running Demonkron Factory Hard Mode on either my Mystic or my Slayer/Valkyrie (once it comes out).
If you are interested in this please leave a comment here or PM me.
Discord link https://discord.gg/Kr6x7FT
*I have basic knowledge on every class except brawler up to 60+

Comments

• Hello hello, I play the game on and off and I feel like I'm finally getting the hang of it this round as a gunner.
    Here's my request/question/whatevs...(If I'm understanding the thread correctly and this is what it's for and if I'm not I apologize and will edit this post later)

Do you have any advice for a gunner trying to get a healthy balance of dodging boss attacks while dpsing decently as well as proper positioning?
    I just got this gunner to 41 or so, and I wouldn't know for sure since I don't use a dps meter or anything like that, but I have this feeling I'm taking survival a bit more cautiously than I should and it's making it hard to dps well.

On the other hand...many times my teammates I'm getting queued up with seem to take damage frequently, but are likely doing more damage than me.

What is your advice?

Also, is the Essential Mana gunner guide at least accurate with it's rotation suggestion at this time?
    Everything else I won't worry about til max level, but I THINK the guide is outdated now....
    For reference... http://www.essentialmana.com/gunner-pve-guide/
  • edited March 20
    LinaMina wrote: »
    Hello hello, I play the game on and off and I feel like I'm finally getting the hang of it this round as a gunner.
    Here's my request/question/whatevs...(If I'm understanding the thread correctly and this is what it's for and if I'm not I apologize and will edit this post later)

Do you have any advice for a gunner trying to get a healthy balance of dodging boss attacks while dpsing decently as well as proper positioning?
    I just got this gunner to 41 or so, and I wouldn't know for sure since I don't use a dps meter or anything like that, but I have this feeling I'm taking survival a bit more cautiously than I should and it's making it hard to dps well.

On the other hand...many times my teammates I'm getting queued up with seem to take damage frequently, but are likely doing more damage than me.

What is your advice?

Also, is the Essential Mana gunner guide at least accurate with it's rotation suggestion at this time?
    Everything else I won't worry about til max level, but I THINK the guide is outdated now....
    For reference... http://www.essentialmana.com/gunner-pve-guide/

Hello Lina, from what I've been seeing floating around from people, Gunners aren't doing so well on the DPS chart but I have seen a select few that can take agro. I don't believe rotations ever change that much so what is listed there would probably still be relevant, but it does have a skill priority list which is when cooldown resets you should be using.

As for positioning low level depending on what classes they most likely are doing more damage but most likely avoiding a lot of mechanics too. It is still recommended as a gunner you stay closer to the boss than your capable range of 20m, as the further you are away the more you will have to move yourself if the boss moves. I would suggest a range of 7-10m away a most AoE's don't get much bigger than that which leaves you the option to rolling reload or rocket jump out/inwards depending on where the attack will hit. This will also make sure your skills hit the boss quicker..

As well as reading guides for the overall class, I would suggest also going to youtube and searching for "tera gunner pov" you'll be able to see a lot of videos of people playing gunner and all usually keep in the 7-13m range.
  • Alright, that helps quite a bit, thank you, checking out that search on Youtube right now.
  • Also doing teaching runs for dungeons
    please mail Nehima on AV if you're interested.
  • I'm on CH so I'm afraid I'm limited to just asking stuff here at this time.
    Otherwise I'd jump right on this.
  • LinaMina wrote: »
    I'm on CH so I'm afraid I'm limited to just asking stuff here at this time.

I can always make a char on CH to come chat
  • PastelGoth wrote: »
    LinaMina wrote: »
    I'm on CH so I'm afraid I'm limited to just asking stuff here at this time.

I can always make a char on CH to come chat

Oh?
    If it's not trouble then I could use the assistance. :pleased:

You see, I get nervous when I'm about to enter a dungeon I don't know the mechanics of, and my next dungeon is Akasha's Hideout, which I hear is the first hard dungeon for newcomers.
    However, all the guides I'm finding are either dated (no more potions necessary for queuing for example) or vague (it's nerfed but how?)

I originally played a year ago or so as a gunner (when they were OP I hear) and I quit quickly for some reason (? forgot why?) so I got to this exact level before, so I was pretty familiar with all the content until this point.

My character's name on CH is Razzlee by the way.