[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Lack of tanks.. AGAIN!!

Seems like the new patch did more harm than good for the tank classes especially brawlers who started quitting their classes after the nerf and rerolling to ninja instead. And now what were left with is long ques and lfg's that take up like 30-50 minutes to find a decent brawler. My suggestion would be to just give them that buff back for PvE and dont worry too much about it. There will always be more DPS than Tanks in this game period!!!
Nerfing them would only discourage players from playing them especially if they become too weak for solo like gunners where they becoming almost unrecognizable to what kind of class they were during the release. Bosses like Imperator would have been much easier for them to tank if they had that 9 meter counter leap to move out of the way fast enough when their only iframe was on cooldown to avoid the second attack that just goes thru block one shotting them.

Comments

• SinastriaSinastria ✭✭✭
    You can't imagine how many insta queue i get with my brawl atm.
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    Sinastria wrote: »
    You can't imagine how many insta queue i get with my brawl atm.

Yeah I've been getting into queues nonstop with my lancer, I don't know what you're talking about

Though if I get almost all ninjas in my group, so much for my job
  • ShikineShikine ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Anyone read the OP who posted in this thread? Seems like you didn't.

He is talking about lack of tanks in which case you get insta que on your tank, not like before eh?... ofc its beneficial to you, but not for us the 1000 other dps and healer who have to wait in que or LFG for a tank to appear.

All day long TR has nothing but LF T g2g parties.

I support to buff brawlers again before its too late and people start quitting again because of the lack of tanks and slow game progression.
  • LessThanNoneLessThanNone ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Why would they rebuff brawler damage when it is still has the best dps of all classes even after the nerf? And the change in the counter movement was needed for pvp. The reason people are taking a break from brawler is because they have a new toy, give it a few weeks for them to get tired of ninja and go back to their broken class.
  • i tank on my lancer and i get insta-Q'd quick indeed, but i also play alot on my ninja. this happens alot when a new class comes out and also with the reset scroll not working i and other tanks cant do more IMS or LFG's.

It is the state we are in right now with a new class. Also buffing Brawler is useless unless you also buff lancer the same way. if this happens, still wont make it better after patch. Just wait till reset scrolls work again and it will be a bit better.
  • TorchideTorchide ✭✭✭
    No. Don't buff Brawler. I LIKE being accepted into parties on my lancer again it's been such a long time ;-;

Buff warrior, zerker (lol) and lancer tanks, if anything.
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure IMS may be slow but I ain't seeing what you're saying about LFG, there's still plenty of people playing their brawlers about-- especially considering so many people invested time into them to get their Starfall. Even seeing a small resurgence of lancers as well-- dude during triple drop I ran DS lowers with a zerk tank, zerk tank!!! haven't seen one of those since shattered fleet

the thing is tanks are valuable so majority of them have decent guilds, statics, friends to run with, etc.
    brawlers definitely do not need to be buffed, are you high, fam. seriously. wait 'til ninja hype dies down, chill mi amigo.
  • I say its good that those wanna-be brawler tanks quit. The best tanks tend to be the ones who like to tank anyway, regardless of nerfs.
  • I quit my lancer for this patch, the backstep change... I am not liking it enough to keep playing it.
  • Brawler Nerf + Ninja Release made them Reroll now no matter what instance you look for Tanks are Rare.
  • Normal amnistration after a new class release, everyone is trying ninja-
  • PixelatorPixelator ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Classic FotM riders.
  • MinazukiMinazuki ✭✭✭
    As a player with all four tank class... I would say the same... If you need tank, level one your own.
    Tank need a break to try out other role > <
  • Decore wrote: »
    Why would they rebuff brawler damage when it is still has the best dps of all classes even after the nerf? And the change in the counter movement was needed for pvp. The reason people are taking a break from brawler is because they have a new toy, give it a few weeks for them to get tired of ninja and go back to their broken class.

Im just saying there is no real positive aspect of nerfing tanks any further. BHS clearly wants their source of aggro to come from dps, thats why they removed the aggro jewelry to just crit and power. But to that we need older and new populations of tanks to keep wanting to play their tank instead of being discouraged with other nerfs and thats has been happening around. Ofcourse i dont know how lancers these days manage their aggro but im assuming they could just thrown in one threatening niveot and their good to go, and future buffs for adrenaline rush.

I think you're misunderstanding, they are not nerfing tanks, they are nerfing brawlers. Why? Because brawlers are acting as more than just their roll, and are doing it better than the other rolls. If anything, they have been buffing the other tank classes as you can see from this latest patch and future patches in ktera.