[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance on 9/23 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Increase Max Char Slots per Server : Request

Comments

• Taybat wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »
    MARVOA wrote: »
    Lohttp://oking around these forums i don't see any admins talking or responding.

There's a search link in the news & announcement forums that's handy for tracking En Masse staff posts.

As some have said, the max number of character slots per server (16) is something determined by the Bluehole development team. We'll pass on your request to them, though!

While your at it could you please request new male classes and improve optimization? please?

That's something we definitely forward on a regular basis because the community requests it really often, but yes I'll include it.
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taybat wrote: »
    Lohttp://oking around these forums i don't see any admins talking or responding.

There's a search link in the news & announcement forums that's handy for tracking En Masse staff posts.

As some have said, the max number of character slots per server (16) is something determined by the Bluehole development team. We'll pass on your request to them, though!

While your at it could you please request new male classes and improve optimization? please?

That's something we definitely forward on a regular basis because the community requests it really often, but yes I'll include it.

Could you also include a request for more Elin classes!? :pleased:
  • Spacecats wrote: »

Thanks for trying eme. Is there anything us the players can do to show bhs that we need this? Like maybe playing more male characters and buying costumes for them??
  • edited March 2017
    Nootiful wrote: »
    It honestly feels like the feedback the community gives never gets dealt with. It seems that even if EME forwards our feedback to BHS, we're not korea so they dont care about our feedback. It looks like an "NA doesnt matter" attitude from them, we dont get na specific changes we ask for, we dont get optimization we ask for, and we keep getting broken female only classes.

Well, that's basically right. We're just one market of a half-dozen. What our market wants (or claims it wants) is taken under consideration, but balanced against with what everyone else wants (and what the data shows will sell).

(I don't see any evidence they do all that much about feedback in Korea either, for what it's worth.)

• Nootiful wrote: »

Thanks for trying eme. Is there anything us the players can do to show bhs that we need this? Like maybe playing more male characters and buying costumes for them??

Dont be silly, BHS wouldnt do anything for another region. Nobodys going to buy more male costumes because there are so few male costumes in the first place. Nobodys going to play male characters when the classes that do the most dps are locked to female only

Yes, but I know the KR region wants a popo class.So maybe we could get that at least.
  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but I know the KR region wants a popo class.So maybe we could get that at least.

At this point... As much as I hate that race I'd take it over another female/elin locked class.
  • Last comment,as this thread has gotten off subject. As for optimization, I know we have alot of things censored in our game. ex.elins outfits. But it seems no one bothered to censor new costumes afterwards. So would hurt if we took away all the censored files so the game could run a bit smoother? @Spacecats
  • I'd really like to keep this thread on topic, so I'll be brief with my answers -

@Nootiful - Developer resources are limited, and it's BHS's job to prioritize what they feel is most impactful for the game across all regions.

@Taybat - Changing character clothing wouldn't affect game performance in any noticeable way.
    So elin exclusive costumes are more important than making the game run properly?

Considering no one pays for the game proper, only costumes and similar items can fund efforts to optimize the game. (And it's not like the person designing the costume could be working on optimizing the game instead.)

It looks like their strategy is to do some work optimizing the game as part of porting the game to consoles, and after doing that they might be able to port the optimizations back to the PC build. From a business point of view, it makes more sense to spend the money as a way to reach a new market rather than just to have a pure expense and just hope it'll increase the playerbase.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for that Spacecats, it's something we see as only beneficial for everyone, publishers and players.

I don't get these dumb "just make another account" replies, like stated: reward tiers, Elite and plain convenience should show the reason why people don't want to make another account. Also I can't see it being something hard to implement at this point, considering we got 2 separate tabs of characters anyway with 8 in each tab. The former character selector for 12 characters indeed made it harder but it's not like that anymore after all.
  • yimeyime ✭✭
    we'll get a charactor slot voucher like in eu tera for lunar dancer, but it wont expand past the 16 character slot max. there are no plans to increase the max slots.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »

Thanks for that Spacecats, it's something we see as only beneficial for everyone, publishers and players.

I don't get these dumb "just make another account" replies, like stated: reward tiers, Elite and plain convenience should show the reason why people don't want to make another account. Also I can't see it being something hard to implement at this point, considering we got 2 separate tabs of characters anyway with 8 in each tab. The former character selector for 12 characters indeed made it harder but it's not like that anymore after all.

There's also the fact it's not like the slots are even free anyways. Other than the one slot for new classes someone paid for the character slot.
  • McOnosRepMcOnosRep ✭✭✭
    As an altoholic I would love more spots please :)

16 is just a bit too few as I have an alt of each class and a couple of duplicates :)

Pretty please :awesome:

So elin exclusive costumes are more important than making the game run properly?

They do their best to make the game enjoyable for as many people as possible, and while I get that you want TERA run better/faster/smoother on your personal PC, not everyone shares your definition of "proper." I think what I said before pretty much answers your question when it comes to allocating development efforts, but I can add that the people working on creating costumes aren't typically the same developers that implement dungeons or deal with client code. That's like blaming the sales team when the server crashes.
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be willing to buy 16 more character slots if they increased it to 32 per server. I like creating alts and leveling them up. different races have different clothes and animations. also some move faster than others, please spacecats try your best to make it happen for us.