Increase Max Char Slots per Server : Request

124»

Comments

• Spacecats wrote: »
    Nootiful wrote: »
    So elin exclusive costumes are more important than making the game run properly?

They do their best to make the game enjoyable for as many people as possible, and while I get that you want TERA run better/faster/smoother on your personal PC, not everyone shares your definition of "proper." I think what I said before pretty much answers your question when it comes to allocating development efforts, but I can add that the people working on creating costumes aren't typically the same developers that implement dungeons or deal with client code. That's like blaming the sales team when the server crashes.

Well I wasn't saying remove the costumes. Just the censors on the armors that elins have in our version. Didn't mean to confuse you guys.
  • Taybat wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Nootiful wrote: »
    So elin exclusive costumes are more important than making the game run properly?

They do their best to make the game enjoyable for as many people as possible, and while I get that you want TERA run better/faster/smoother on your personal PC, not everyone shares your definition of "proper." I think what I said before pretty much answers your question when it comes to allocating development efforts, but I can add that the people working on creating costumes aren't typically the same developers that implement dungeons or deal with client code. That's like blaming the sales team when the server crashes.

Well I wasn't saying remove the costumes. Just the censors on the armors that elins have in our version. Didn't mean to confuse you guys.
    Removing some censors from the game files wound't change your performance, they're just some textures that you computer shouldn't have issues to render if the game correctly allocate the resources of your hardware.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    Yamazuki wrote: »
    There's also the fact it's not like the slots are even free anyways. Other than the one slot for new classes someone paid for the character slot.
    could u leave this argument in the "free emp" thread and not start spouting it everywhere please

thanks
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    metagame wrote: »
    Yamazuki wrote: »
    There's also the fact it's not like the slots are even free anyways. Other than the one slot for new classes someone paid for the character slot.
    could u leave this argument in the "free emp" thread and not start spouting it everywhere please

thanks
    I don't see how they're related since you have to pay for the character slots. There's also the fact my post and that argument were aorund the same time anyways.
    MARVOA wrote: »
    Lohttp://oking around these forums i don't see any admins talking or responding.

There's a search link in the news & announcement forums that's handy for tracking En Masse staff posts.

As some have said, the max number of character slots per server (16) is something determined by the Bluehole development team. We'll pass on your request to them, though!

You actually responded, I'm impressed!

Your role is community manager of some kind, so all these people's requests I've been seeing in this post alone, Rather than pointlessly seeing people yell at a wall. Isn't there a name, email address, physical location people can go to instead so their words would go to the right people? If that were the case im sure less people would complain and the ones who did continue down that road would have a much higher degree of reason behind their requests/concerns for the game.

I thought I'd come check this post while the servers were down/updating to see if the max was increased. Alas, i don't want to pay for Elite on 2 accounts, so I'll have to find a char to delete as I'm already at 16.

For anyone else who's saying a go at people who are at 16. Yes allot of people have fun making new char's, dressing them up, maxlvling them and gearing them, then starting again, only to look back on their past experience on that char - It's like having that reminder, like a sentimental item. Playing back in the days when Reaper was released, i still have my Reaper, i look back at it with fondness, But I'd hate to delete it as you can imagine, Things like that is why i continue to make a new char each time i feel a chapter in the game for me is completed :) Hope you understand!
    I'd really like to keep this thread on topic, so I'll be brief with my answers -

@Nootiful - Developer resources are limited, and it's BHS's job to prioritize what they feel is most impactful for the game across all regions.

@Taybat - Changing character clothing wouldn't affect game performance in any noticeable way.

Developer resources are limited, right....

p4nxk3Q.png

They're doing quite well, if you ask me. Bluehole's main game is TERA, they also own some other companies which they acquisitioned and maintain other games through those companies. I'd say developer resources aren't limited at all. The focus on what is being developed and what's being done to TERA specifically I don't know, however seeing that new content > optimizations, bug fixes, etc. I'm going to say they don't care that much. From what I have seen through several threads on reddit and links on developer notes and interview (translated.) They are aware of the issues the game client has, their standard templated answer is: We are aware of the issue and will look into this and improve it with feedback from users.
  • Oh my.
    That's something all right, one quick google onto Wiki and it reveals allot actually. Hope you got an answer for this Spacecats!
    -*On nobody's side*-
  • UPDATE
    According to the news It will be updated to 17!
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/new-class-the-valkyrie

It's ok you dont have to delete someone.... too late i already did.... ;-; I hope TERA support can bring her back... that Elin wwr that does front flips with 2012 swimwear that u can't get anymore from anywhere, that's priceless </3