[TERA Console] Following the 3/30 (Mon) maintenance, we discovered an issue that was preventing Xbox One users from playing the new update. We are working on a fix for this issue, but for the time being, Xbox One servers are unavailable. A fix should be available in the coming hours. (PS4 maintenance completed and servers are now available.) Check this thread for news: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Free EMP

13567

Comments

  • PamcakePamcake ✭✭✭
    yime wrote: »
    people complaining about the free emp make no sense

    "yeah sure but 15 emp isn't that great man. it's too late for this"

    i'd personally rather have free emp and no emp so.....

    you take what you can get i suppose

    There's not such thing as free. We are paying for Elite.
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    DarJir wrote: »
    15 emp a day, so 1 weapon smart box every 4 months. Uh... K

    Appreciate the gesture but all I ever wanted was account wide pets and a 7 day temp skin/costume when they release something new so I can take it out for a spin to see if I wanna have it perm.

    Love this game, but they seem so dead set on getting sub folks to pay regularly to their cash shop. And that doesn't feel nice at all. Either let me pay my sub and give the stuff (don't even care if you take it away when I unsub) then leave me alone, or take the random cash shop money. Both just isn't going to happen, which why they see these huge swings in sub numbers.

    Smartest way to play now is to play the broker and buy everything with ingame currency, and I don't see how that's good for enmasse long term. People who don't want to do that just quit until the next patch, then the cycle repeats. Do it right the first time so people sub and let it chill, rather than scramble to change it bit by bit when subs tank.

    The 7-day cosmetic idea is a good one, and I'll forward it on, but please keep in mind that when you say "all I ever wanted was..." the ending of that sentence is different for everyone with Elite status. You want pets, other people want mounts, are in it for the extra dungeon runs, no broker fee, extra XP, etc...

    We like hearing new ideas for Elite because it keeps us thinking about ways to improve the system, but remember that just because we added a different benefit from your suggestion doesn't mean other ideas won't later be used. A lot of this stuff is not mutually exclusive.

    Please no more 7-day stuff please! One is too many from stream codes!
  • PamcakePamcake ✭✭✭
    Ginjitsu wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »
    DarJir wrote: »
    15 emp a day, so 1 weapon smart box every 4 months. Uh... K

    Appreciate the gesture but all I ever wanted was account wide pets and a 7 day temp skin/costume when they release something new so I can take it out for a spin to see if I wanna have it perm.

    Love this game, but they seem so dead set on getting sub folks to pay regularly to their cash shop. And that doesn't feel nice at all. Either let me pay my sub and give the stuff (don't even care if you take it away when I unsub) then leave me alone, or take the random cash shop money. Both just isn't going to happen, which why they see these huge swings in sub numbers.

    Smartest way to play now is to play the broker and buy everything with ingame currency, and I don't see how that's good for enmasse long term. People who don't want to do that just quit until the next patch, then the cycle repeats. Do it right the first time so people sub and let it chill, rather than scramble to change it bit by bit when subs tank.

    The 7-day cosmetic idea is a good one, and I'll forward it on, but please keep in mind that when you say "all I ever wanted was..." the ending of that sentence is different for everyone with Elite status. You want pets, other people want mounts, are in it for the extra dungeon runs, no broker fee, extra XP, etc...

    We like hearing new ideas for Elite because it keeps us thinking about ways to improve the system, but remember that just because we added a different benefit from your suggestion doesn't mean other ideas won't later be used. A lot of this stuff is not mutually exclusive.

    Please no more 7-day stuff please! One is too many from stream codes!

    Agree. There's dressing room where you can preview cosmetics.
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    yime wrote: »
    okay, let's say you have a job, and your boss decides to give you a bonus in your salary as a gift. you're saying you paid for that bonus by working there? that simply doesn't make any sense.

    i don't usually break out this example, but i'll do it just for you

    let's say you buy an elite 30 days voucher with in-game gold. you payed no real currency for that gold.

    as a result of using the 30 days elite voucher, at the end of the month you have accumulated 450 emp. cool, right?

    you payed for the elite 30 days voucher. as an added bonus, you also get 450 FREE EMP to spend. you didn't PAY for the EMP, you PAYED for the ELITE VOUCHER. you're not paying for the EMP. the price is not the elite voucher.

    While you didn't pay for that voucher, someone did. It didn't appear on the broker by magic. And yes, since you wouldn't have gotten those EMP without the elite voucher, the voucher was the price to get those EMP.

    no emp free for you, dont acept the free emp and gave me pliss , thanks o3o
  • What about for being a founder? ;u;
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rotomu wrote: »
    What about for being a founder? ;u;

    http://support.enmasse.com/tera/tera-game-account-types
  • Shut up whining about it geezus , are you guys always this dissatisfied with Emes adjustments?

    I welcome this change to be honest. 450emp a month if you just log in every day once ? If you don't spend cash on Emp but would like some for yourself this is pretty smart.

    But 450 EMP per month ain't that bad. Loot boxes / shop items on sale. If Eme bring back the gem bag we can't have diamonds in the mix. It'll over inflate the market with gold.

    Bottom line: It's a nice step Eme, but you could do with adding something more. The mount and nostrum is nice. As is the box containing pots/ reset scrolls. Just slap on a gem bag with emeralds as the highest winner. Then let RNG do the work on how many you can obtain. 1-10 being the range.
  • By the way, one little note: In order to get the daily EMP allotment, you need to restart your launcher, just like you had to do with the daily catalysts last month.

    So basically, every day starting at 0:00 UTC (4:00pm PDT), you have to start/restart the launcher and enter the game world with one character (on any server). Then the 15 EMP will be added to your account balance. If you return to the launcher, it should refresh the balance and you should see that it updated.
  • I think this is possibly the best new feature they've ever added to Elite.... getting $4.50 worth of EMP per month basically cuts the cost of a monthly subscription by a third - and almost in half for longtime subscribers who have kept their elite going for years at the $10 per month rate.

    Thanks EME!! Awesome addition!!
  • XandervbXandervb ✭✭✭
    Just want to say that this is awesome addition! A huge boost to elite perks and a good promo of the EMP shop at the same time (everyone will now go there to see what they can afford, some may decide to buy more). Win-win situation

    The only thing that I'm not happy about is that I missed $10 elite promo last year and I was hoping it will be held again soon, but with this big boost it's highly unlikely to happen ;c
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    How is this different from lowering the emp cost of elite?
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Why is it more important to add a mere 15emp per day to elite instead of actually making this version more playable like other publishers do? Its BHS fault? Not really? I was igorant enough to believe that until i found out that other versions of Tera from other regions are actually much more playable at where vanguard points have a meaning while the ghillieglade is worth to do and of course there are PvP events for battlegrounds which give decent rewards ( besides events for dungeons to gear up or even events for enchanting to help players catch up and get involved plus much more ).
  • edited March 2017
    HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    Why is it more important to add a mere 15emp per day to elite instead of actually making this version more playable like other publishers do? Its BHS fault? Not really? I was igorant enough to believe that until i found out that other versions of Tera from other regions are actually much more playable at where vanguard points have a meaning while the ghillieglade is worth to do and of course there are PvP events for battlegrounds which give decent rewards ( besides events for dungeons to gear up or even events for enchanting to help players catch up and get involved plus much more ).
    You have to put these in context of everything else that's going on in the region. For example, Ghillieglade is more "worth it to do" in EU because it's more restricted than NA. NA has always had the most liberal entry policy for Ghilliglade of any region. So based on the fact it's easier/cheaper to enter (and you can't buy more entries on the cash shop), the rewards are not as high. Other regions also have different events for gearing up or enchanting, but this is partly because the balance of the market is quite different. For example, our region has more events that increase supply of consumables, and was the first (and only) one to put Masterwork Alkahest on the Vanguard merchant. K-TERA has events that reward gear or enchanting scrolls after <x> hours because it's in partnership with netcafés (where you pay by the hour). EU sometimes has events that seem to have higher rewards, but the means to earn them is nearly impossible without buying tokens on the cash shop. And so on...

    So basically, you're not wrong that there's more that could be done to make our region better (I'd like to see a greater flow of little events happening all the time, for example), but you can't just take things other publishers do in isolation of their context.
  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    Pamcake wrote: »
    yime wrote: »
    people complaining about the free emp make no sense

    "yeah sure but 15 emp isn't that great man. it's too late for this"

    i'd personally rather have free emp and no emp so.....

    you take what you can get i suppose

    There's not such thing as free. We are paying for Elite.

    You pay literally nothing more than you already were before.... but now get extra stuff on top of it... at NO. ADDITIONAL. COST. But you have the gall and audacity to complain and say that "it's not free, I pay for it" - You pay for Elite Status, and they gave you more without jacking up the cost... that's practically the definition of free. But you still complain...

    facepalm.jpg
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    Why is it more important to add a mere 15emp per day to elite instead of actually making this version more playable like other publishers do? Its BHS fault? Not really? I was igorant enough to believe that until i found out that other versions of Tera from other regions are actually much more playable at where vanguard points have a meaning while the ghillieglade is worth to do and of course there are PvP events for battlegrounds which give decent rewards ( besides events for dungeons to gear up or even events for enchanting to help players catch up and get involved plus much more ).
    You have to put these in context of everything else that's going on in the region. For example, Ghillieglade is more "worth it to do" in EU because it's more restricted than NA. NA has always had the most liberal entry policy for Ghilliglade of any region. So based on the fact it's easier/cheaper to enter (and you can't buy more entries on the cash shop), the rewards are not as high. Other regions also have different events for gearing up or enchanting, but this is partly because the balance of the market is quite different. For example, our region has more events that increase supply of consumables, and was the first (and only) one to put Masterwork Alkahest on the Vanguard merchant. K-TERA has events that reward gear or enchanting scrolls after <x> hours because it's in partnership with netcafés (where you pay by the hour). EU sometimes has events that seem to have higher rewards, but the means to earn them is nearly impossible without buying tokens on the cash shop. And so on...

    So basically, you're not wrong that there's more that could be done to make our region better (I'd like to see a greater flow of little events happening all the time, for example), but you can't just take things other publishers do in isolation of their context.

    I remember you from some 2 years ago when i was failing on my +15 weapon going back to +12 even after spending more than 700k and you were telling me that it is fine ( do you even play this game? ). That until later when the system was finally changed not letting us to go back to +12 anymore.. Anyway, the ghillieglade on EU it is not as restricted as it sounds ( there is one free entry per day from elite while any other entry would cost 400 vanguard points and it has rewards from roughly 2.5k gold per run to VM mats and other things unlike on NA where it is #free# but it gives 300g per run and no VM materials or any other thing? ). The idea is that they are trying to improve the current content making players to be interested because for example a player can buy elite to do vanguard dailies to run ghillieglade to get materials and gold to participate at the pvpve events that they make having fun all the while being satisfied with the elite.. but on NA there is no system that makes players to want to get involved which ends up with the PvP and sometimes PvE being dead.

    Right now, i have to agree that the EMP is not bad for elite but what we need as players is a rewarding system that again makes us the players to want to get involved and play the game while having fun and being satisfied with getting elite ( if we are going to get elite to afk at velika/highwatch then that is not good with all that free EMP ).

    p.s. i have edited my previous post because i have remembered something hahaha.. :(
Sign In or Register to comment.