[TERA PC] Summersilk season is here! Pick up Summersilk Robes in the TERA store until August 3. Plus, earn a free Summersilk Robe in our leveling event: https://bit.ly/TERA_summersilk
[TERA Console] To celebrate the launch of the Awakening update, participate in the Awakening Leveling Event! Plus, get free items upon your first post-update log-in. Details: https://bit.ly/awkn_events
[TERA Console] The Awakening update (v84) is now live on all console servers! Read the patch notes here: https://bit.ly/v84notes

Free EMP

Comments

• KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jerichow wrote: »
    Kimimishan wrote: »
    TomRipley wrote: »
    -One can argue that the x price of Elite now includes this y amount of EMP that you are thus paying for now. This argument would be relevant if there was any other way to earn EMP than real money, which there isn't; hence free.

Yes, with elite now you get double dungeon entries, free Ghillie, free flying mount, double Vanguard creds, no broker fee and so on. And now even EMP. All for free. Of course you have to pay for elite to get that, but once you have paid, it's free. :awesome:

Last post I waste here, pumpkin, with another fact !
    -4 months of Elite will roughly grant you 1 Voucher-worth of EMP. That's, roughly, 2 months something of free Elite per year, how much is Elite anyway ... 15 bucks, 20 bucks, so 30 to 40$ of free merchandise.

But I'm sure the enlightened logic of pumpkins is superior.

I am baffled by your definition of free.

And it absolutely floors me that you don't understand that:

- You paid X amount before for Elite Status **without EMP.**
    - And now, you still only pay X amount as before. No change, no increase.
    - But on top of everything you were getting before that you were paying for, you now get extra EMP deposited into your account.
    - This is done at no additional cost to your existing subscription. Effectively making it free.

I get where you're coming at with the, "I pay for elite, therefore it's not free" argument, but the fact of the matter is they added it to a subscription you were already paying for without adjusting the price to compensate for it. This means EME is effectively giving you the EMP for free, because you did not pay any additional cost.

It's like the chicken strip metaphor. You order a 5 piece box for $5, but the guy puts a 6th one in to be nice. You aren't paying .83c per strip. You're paying $1 per strip, but got a 6th one for free. The exact same situation is happening here. You're paying $14.95/mo for your elite benefits, but now EME is adding "an extra strip" to your purchase every month without charging you more.

Do you honestly believe that 'no additional cost' is the same as 'no cost'? Because if so, I have a bridge to sell you.
  • elite is paid
    emp thrown in are free

is that so hard to understand lol

if there're not free pay 15 emp a day to eme
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry guys. But oters dudes say " Tera EU " Guillegade besto dungeon " emp is no free

Im notice in tera eu dont exist "Tera club vouchers" this means im free players. Im cant get "elite status" with gold . Im need pay it 14.99 $ for get them
    Im no sure. Buy for open bakayas treasure in guillegade eu. you need key from tokens ( by the way. In store ) this means im free player is hard get them .
    Now in enmasse
    Im buy 90 days vouncher with gold. This means im get 1350 emp when vouchers expires . And this vouncher was buy with real money ( besides no kiras event 2015 when are in prizes table)

This mean if im buy other 90 or 30 days with gold. im get enoug for buy other vouncher with this emp "free"
    Im no sure. But for people who play f2p means "free" emp. ( BESIDES this emp come from who buy with real money the vounchers )
    Im agree enmasse gave bonus /prices/discunts for people who spend money / get elite status with real money. Because this add allows me buy emp for support eme too
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    it's free on the condition you have elite
  • yimeyime ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    kamizuma wrote: »
    it's free on the condition you have elite

• ForkyForky ✭✭
    this forum so so cancer and full of ****ers
    Cry me a river - Justin Timberlake listen to that
    Complain more to every SINGLE thing
  • MagichanMagichan ✭✭✭
    Any of you ever bought a bag of chips or something that said "30% more free!"?

It's basically that. You're getting more bang for your buck. Can we stop arguing about it?
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    Dictionary says
    -free

a combining form with the general sense "free of or from something specified," and typically meaning "not having, not containing, not subject to, or affected by something unwanted, burdensome"

so the way I understand it if it was not subject to having elite it would be free

any ways matters not to me as I welcome the changed to elite , thanks @Spacecats and Co- for the new elite package
  • Hahaha, I swear I keep on coming back to this topic with popcorn in hand.

Is so amusing to see you guys argue about the same thing over and over for no reason at all.

Clearly at this point we can establish that whoever belives that the emp added to elite is free will continue to belive is free, and those who belive is payed, will do the exact same thing and continue to belive in their own thoughts and theories.

Let's agree to dissagree and drop it ^^!

Or not.. I really don't mind, I'm having a blast :pleased:
  • SylvietteSylviette ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    This is why you don't take thing seriously on the internet.
    I'm expecting an upcoming speech titled "FREE - definition versus its daily use - a research from Cambridge linguistic department".
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    LancerJiva wrote: »
    They should have given out free emp with elite along time ago.

This is why we can't have nice things. EME does something like this (effectively giving us free money in EMP) and someone just has to whine about it. I for one actually appreciate this, it's nice that they're giving people a currency they can use to buy what they want by simply having elite status.

Not whining, just fact. You compare now and then, then we had so much more players, now the player base is not even half as close as it was 3 years ago.
  • LancerJiva wrote: »

This is why we can't have nice things. EME does something like this (effectively giving us free money in EMP) and someone just has to whine about it. I for one actually appreciate this, it's nice that they're giving people a currency they can use to buy what they want by simply having elite status.

Not whining, just fact. You compare now and then, then we had so much more players, now the player base is not even half as close as it was 3 years ago.

I don't think there's much to suggest that the reason these people were leaving the game was because of the lack of appeal of Elite. Why they may have stopped subscribing, possibly, but the issues with the game are much deeper than just the subscription.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is not worth to argue about what "FREE" means for everyone but is just incredible how the same ppl who always cryies in the forums for the most slly reason are even in this thread QQ for getting better things on Elite.

Players - "We need better perks from Elite. EME hear us!"

EME - "We are changing the mount and givin you small EMP amount as a bonus"

Players - Start a flamming battle becuase some always are disatisfied with everything EME gives and several are annoyed for those QQers.

This forum is just... amusing.
  • TomRipleyTomRipley ✭✭✭
    TomRipley wrote: »
    -One can argue that the x price of Elite now includes this y amount of EMP that you are thus paying for now. This argument would be relevant if there was any other way to earn EMP than real money, which there isn't; hence free.

Yes, with elite now you get double dungeon entries, free Ghillie, free flying mount, double Vanguard creds, no broker fee and so on. And now even EMP. All for free. Of course you have to pay for elite to get that, but once you have paid, it's free. :awesome:

Last post I waste here, pumpkin, with another fact !
    -4 months of Elite will roughly grant you 1 Voucher-worth of EMP. That's, roughly, 2 months something of free Elite per year, how much is Elite anyway ... 15 bucks, 20 bucks, so 30 to 40$ of free merchandise.

But I'm sure the enlightened logic of pumpkins is superior.

No need for insults.
    You pay for elite, and now you get more for paying. That's a better deal. I hope we can agree on that at least.
    But honestly, once you pay for something, it's not free anymore.
    I'm also not here to belittle EME giving us a better deal for our money or gold respectively. As I wrote before, I'm thankful for that. Obviously that makes me a pumpkin...
    All people are arguing about here are semantics. Yes, the emp were not part of elite before. Hence they are added "for free", but they are added to something you have to pay for in the first place.
    I'll leave it at that and from now on also lean back and grab my popcorn.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    yime wrote: »
    Pamcake wrote: »

It's not free money, we are paying for that.

You forgot that we pay actual money for elite. At least most of us who don't spend framing 24/7 to buy with gold.

No, that's exactly what I said, we are paying to get those 'free' EMP (which Jerichow referred to as free money).

You were already paying a certain amount of money per month for the existing elite status. EME adding EMP to it without changing the price IS giving it to you for free. You're still getting what you were paying for before, you're just getting the EMP added on for free on top of it.

It doesn't matter what they add to it, we are paying for it, therefore it's not free.

if you pay for 5 chicken tenders and they give you 1 more chicken tender on the house, are you paying for the 6th chicken tender?
    no.

so if you're paying for elite and you get emp for free, you're not paying for it.

we call it a promotion or a sale, they dont do it for free, but to convince you to buy their chickens

so it is only marketing decision :3