[TERA Console] We will be entering into maintenance on 04/01 at 8:00 AM PDT, and have an expected downtime of 1 hour. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

[TERA PC] We will be entering into maintenance on 04/01 at 9:00 AM PDT, and have an expected downtime of 1 hour. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Free EMP

Comments

• vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    yime wrote: »
    you're paying for FIVE chicken tenders. and you get an EXTRA one for FREE.

if you need a different example, in pokemon, if you buy 10 or more pokeballs, you get a FREE premier ball.

if you're paying for elite and NO EMP, and you get FREE EMP, you're not paying for the FREE EMP

the extra one is not free but it is there to convince you to buy their chicken instead to go to the competitor ;)
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jerichow wrote: »
    Pamcake wrote: »
    yime wrote: »
    people complaining about the free emp make no sense

"yeah sure but 15 emp isn't that great man. it's too late for this"

i'd personally rather have free emp and no emp so.....

you take what you can get i suppose

There's not such thing as free. We are paying for Elite.

You pay literally nothing more than you already were before.... but now get extra stuff on top of it... at NO. ADDITIONAL. COST. But you have the gall and audacity to complain and say that "it's not free, I pay for it" - You pay for Elite Status, and they gave you more without jacking up the cost... that's practically the definition of free. But you still complain...

facepalm.jpg

it is no definition of free, but the definition of promotion, marketing, convince the customer to subscribe and spend more $ ;)
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kimimishan wrote: »
    TomRipley wrote: »
    -One can argue that the x price of Elite now includes this y amount of EMP that you are thus paying for now. This argument would be relevant if there was any other way to earn EMP than real money, which there isn't; hence free.

Yes, with elite now you get double dungeon entries, free Ghillie, free flying mount, double Vanguard creds, no broker fee and so on. And now even EMP. All for free. Of course you have to pay for elite to get that, but once you have paid, it's free. :awesome:

Last post I waste here, pumpkin, with another fact !
    -4 months of Elite will roughly grant you 1 Voucher-worth of EMP. That's, roughly, 2 months something of free Elite per year, how much is Elite anyway ... 15 bucks, 20 bucks, so 30 to 40$ of free merchandise.

But I'm sure the enlightened logic of pumpkins is superior.

we dont call it free, but promotion or reduce the price or add more stuff to convince the customer to spend $ in subscription :3
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yamazuki wrote: »
    -One can argue that the x price of Elite now includes this y amount of EMP that you are thus paying for now. This argument would be relevant if there was any other way to earn EMP than real money, which there isn't; hence free.

Yes, with elite now you get double dungeon entries, free Ghillie, free flying mount, double Vanguard creds, no broker fee and so on. And now even EMP. All for free. Of course you have to pay for elite to get that, but once you have paid, it's free. :awesome:

-4 months of Elite will roughly grant you 1 Voucher-worth of EMP. That's, roughly, 2 months something of free Elite per year, how much is Elite anyway ... 15 bucks, 20 bucks, so 30 to 40$ of free merchandise.

I am baffled by your definition of free.

By the definition of free, there is no such thing as free. Anything you ever get is going to cost you or you traded something in exchange for what you thought was "free".

well water, sun and air breath are free B)
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jerichow wrote: »

I am baffled by your definition of free.

And it absolutely floors me that you don't understand that:

- You paid X amount before for Elite Status **without EMP.**
    - And now, you still only pay X amount as before. No change, no increase.
    - But on top of everything you were getting before that you were paying for, you now get extra EMP deposited into your account.
    - This is done at no additional cost to your existing subscription. Effectively making it free.

I get where you're coming at with the, "I pay for elite, therefore it's not free" argument, but the fact of the matter is they added it to a subscription you were already paying for without adjusting the price to compensate for it. This means EME is effectively giving you the EMP for free, because you did not pay any additional cost.

It's like the chicken strip metaphor. You order a 5 piece box for $5, but the guy puts a 6th one in to be nice. You aren't paying .83c per strip. You're paying $1 per strip, but got a 6th one for free. The exact same situation is happening here. You're paying $14.95/mo for your elite benefits, but now EME is adding "an extra strip" to your purchase every month without charging you more.

sorry man, but this emp are not free, you need to get elite to get this emp, if you dont subscribe to elite you dont get this emp
  • OMG .. basic forum rules @vkobe
    No multiple post!!

Even double post is a crime when u can quote several people in the same one!!

:anguished:
  • DeadXDeadX ✭✭✭
    this silliness needs to stop.
    it's not free by now stretch of the imagination...not even for people buying 30 days with gold...that cost you time, time is money and someone had to buy it in the first place with cash.

the ONLY way it could be 'free' is if somehow you had an exploit...do any of you have such an exploit? it's BONUS, not free. it's additional value for what you buy. if you think it's 'free' somehow i've got a bridge in san fran to sell...'free'. seriously, check your logic.
  • AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    People argue just to argue don't they?

How are people complaining about additional perks at no extra charge?
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    My thought about the "FREE" discussion.giphy.gif
  • YuxibrYuxibr ✭✭✭
    I see why they take so long to implement something new for us.
    You guys find excuses to complain about everything.
    The EMP is free, is not that much but if we still have this till black friday, we'll end with a good amount to espend. :3
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is not free if you need to subcribe elite to get it

us the plebe no elite we dont get this free emp o:)
  • DeadXDeadX ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    My thought about the "FREE" discussion.giphy.gif

i was like that...but man, some of these idiots. to conflate something that has to earned as if it's free...i'd love to know the actual names and addresses...bet i could make a killing conning the people who think it's 'free'.

for the non popcorn bathers (you're not eating it with that helmet on...weird fet1sh <(why the f is that censored?) but meh)

go to google, type in, define free...oh wait, here ya go
    adverb
    1.without cost or payment.

which most certainly does not apply to the daily emp. there is cost in time, there is cost in payment...no matter how you try to rationalize there's a cost. FACT.

it's a BONUS. additional value for the cost paid.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DeadX

I used that image as saying that arguing about "FREE" meaning in this thread is just stupid as the guy with that helmet trowing the popcorn to it.

And is even more silly as you can see how ppl flames each other for that same reason.

This is just an example about the toxicity from some ppl in the forums.
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    the solution is very simple, who all people dont want emp "free " from vouncher / month 14.99 $ subscription.

Give me the emp, I'll get back to it enmasse, I do not want to see them suffer for something they do not want/like it.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not getting the free emp's