[TERA PC NA] We will be entering into maintenance on 04/07 (Tue) at 8:00 a.m. PT, and will have an estimated downtime of approximately 3 hours. For details, please visit this thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Rally Loot scammers

Comments

• metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    Rotomu wrote: »
    This is why I bust out my pet while I tank the rally bam. :)
    the loot is set to round robin, meaning it goes by party (or raid) order. this means no matter who loots the item, the first person in the party will get the first item, then the second will get the second, and so on until everyone gets an item.
  • And the community decays even further because of EME inaction :^)
  • It's clearly a scam and anti-player conduct, betting EME don't consider this to be against the rules though.
  • edited March 2017
    Normally I'm in support of a more aggressive stance against cheaters and scammers, but this particular issue I really don't see how you can fairly legislate. If the raid leader was saying things deliberately misleading about the loot settings, that's one thing, but otherwise your argument would have to be that the raid leader is required to disclose whenever the loot settings are not the default. And you can't really legislate that. EME would get tickets all the time where someone doesn't get loot, and would be like "I think the party/raid leader didn't disclose the loot settings" and who knows if EME has any way to even verify this after the fact (they'd have to verify what the loot settings were, and that the leader didn't disclose them if they were non-default - what if someone was late and not there when they disclosed? Or what if they don't speak English so can't understand the disclosure?). And even if someone breaks the "disclosure" rule, it doesn't solve anything for what already happened; it's just basically to punish the person as if there's no reason to use that loot setting except to deceive people (in which case, why is it there?).

The only real way to address this would be for BHS to implement a more visible/obvious way of showing what the loot settings are as soon as you join a party/raid. Or, BHS has to remove this loot setting entirely (but there are probably some cases where people want it). I don't think this is something you can effectively deal with via moderation.
  • To any reasonable person I ask;
    1) do you think the people running these scams are unaware of what they are doing?
    2) would you (in good conscience) ever do something like this?
    3) do you think cheaters and scammers should be allowed to prosper?
    4) do you think that this sort of behaviour has no victims and does no harm to a trusting community?
    5) do you think a good person who joins a raid should immediately think "hmmm, I wonder if I am being scammed somehow, lets check every possible way in which I might be being scammed" I mean seriously?
    6) do you think if the raid leader was forthright about what they were doing that anyone would join? "RALLY - Leader Gets the Box" do you think anyone would join a run like this?
    7) and finally, would you want to be a member of a gaming community where people are regularly running scams of this nature?

This is 'fraud by omission' plain and simple, it is a wrongdoing in the real world and should also be considered a wrongdoing in the game.
  • MuggslyMuggsly ✭✭✭
    The best way to combat this is during a rally announcement create a LFG that reminds people to check the loot rules and spam that during the rally rules or use area announce during the actual encounter. I don't think many people use these forums anyway to be honest. It's unfortunate that people act in such a way especially without being upfront in the invite. I mean you are inviting a bunch of people who believe they all have an equal chance in the raid and not saying anything to the contrary while using those people to achieve a goal.
  • HaloistHaloist ✭✭✭
    To any reasonable person I ask;
    1) do you think the people running these scams are unaware of what they are doing?
    2) would you (in good conscience) ever do something like this?
    3) do you think cheaters and scammers should be allowed to prosper?
    4) do you think that this sort of behaviour has no victims and does no harm to a trusting community?
    5) do you think a good person who joins a raid should immediately think "hmmm, I wonder if I am being scammed somehow, lets check every possible way in which I might be being scammed" I mean seriously?
    6) do you think if the raid leader was forthright about what they were doing that anyone would join? "RALLY - Leader Gets the Box" do you think anyone would join a run like this?
    7) and finally, would you want to be a member of a gaming community where people are regularly running scams of this nature?

This is 'fraud by omission' plain and simple, it is a wrongdoing in the real world and should also be considered a wrongdoing in the game.

Unfortunately, most players won't share the same sentiment. They think that because it's an online game, rules in real life shouldn't apply since there's no "law" to punish them. Every possible thing that you propose will more than likely just incite an "it's just a game" reply. Only thing we can do as a helpful community is to spread information of such misdeeds in-game so that more people are aware of it and will be less likely to get scammed.
  • I think this would all be solved if rally wasn't going off random times again, that way people can form raids ahead of time and would have time to check loot settings.
  • MuggslyMuggsly ✭✭✭
    Nootiful wrote: »
    Whats wrong with you farming the dungeons to get it? Stop complaining that you can't get easy ambush boxes. Farm the dungeons like almost everyone else did.

Who says people are doing these to get the weapons to use and not hoping for a decent payout in the broker. Don't make assumptions you can't back up.
  • McOnosRepMcOnosRep ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Wow - I just found out something from a friend of mine who is an officer in one of the guilds that have been alleged to do this.

Apparently the GM of the guild and (some of) the officers decided to deliberately pursue this strategy because they weren't wining the boxes often enough when trying to do it as a guild rally raid. Whereas this way several people from the guild simply put up rally raids LFGs on alts NOT IN THE GUILD, set it to round-robin and the chances are much higher they will win the box...

Such a terrible thing to do to others :(

• 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    Hope they get banned
  • PamcakePamcake ✭✭✭
    NJJCK3X494 wrote: »
    Pamcake wrote: »
    I bet all servers have their pain in the lower body part guilds that are all about being terrible to not only others, but to their own guild members.
    Not gonna call names, but one of the top guilds in TR don't even help out their own guild folks, so that's what kind of people are in those guilds. All about themselves and their ego.

Since when was it mandatory to help people in your guild? You also realize the people in the top guilds on TR are the ones that work to help the game the most. For example, the people that help translate the Ktera patch notes are members in the guild that you're referring to and consistently work to help the tera community.
    YJGDCY4KHF wrote: »
    I'd suggest you guys start banding together, the second these people figure out you're onto the. They will do their utmost to protect their epeens. Good luck at rally.

I mean, it's just a free ambush box, not that big of a deal. You realize that when 4/5 of the rally raids on TR have loot changed, it doesn't really make a difference. You're not gonna have time to find and fill a raid with other people when most of the raids have changed loot. And if you do, you'll usually waste enough time that other preformed raids will rank higher.

@NJJCK3X494 It's not mandatory, but being top dogs is kind of rude to not help guild mates in some way or form. I don't need their translations tbh. I have my own source. They are bullies and p2w guilds. I spend money on this game too fyi.
    It's just an Ambush box. That you can use or sell for good gold. Phhhh, who needs one of the most expensive things in the game.
  • PamcakePamcake ✭✭✭
    NJJCK3X494 wrote: »
    Pamcake wrote: »
    I bet all servers have their pain in the lower body part guilds that are all about being terrible to not only others, but to their own guild members.
    Not gonna call names, but one of the top guilds in TR don't even help out their own guild folks, so that's what kind of people are in those guilds. All about themselves and their ego.

Since when was it mandatory to help people in your guild? You also realize the people in the top guilds on TR are the ones that work to help the game the most. For example, the people that help translate the Ktera patch notes are members in the guild that you're referring to and consistently work to help the tera community.
    YJGDCY4KHF wrote: »
    I'd suggest you guys start banding together, the second these people figure out you're onto the. They will do their utmost to protect their epeens. Good luck at rally.

I mean, it's just a free ambush box, not that big of a deal. You realize that when 4/5 of the rally raids on TR have loot changed, it doesn't really make a difference. You're not gonna have time to find and fill a raid with other people when most of the raids have changed loot. And if you do, you'll usually waste enough time that other preformed raids will rank higher.

It's not mandatory, but being top dog I think it's rude to not help guild mates in some shape or form. Especially we are talking about game that is all about team work and communication. I don't need their translation, I have my own source. And fyi I spend on this game real money too.
    Ha, it's just an Ambush box. One of the most expensive things in the game. Who even need it.... (?!)
  • PamcakePamcake ✭✭✭
    McOnosRep wrote: »
    Wow - I just found out something from a friend of mine who is an officer in one of the guilds that have been alleged to do this.

Apparently the GM of the guild and (some of) the officers decided to deliberately pursue this strategy because they weren't wining the boxes often enough when trying to do it as a guild rally raid. Whereas this way several people from the guild simply put up rally raids LFGs on alts NOT IN THE GUILD, set it to round-robin and the chances are much higher they will win the box...

Such a terrible thing to do to others :(

I like; "they weren't winning often enough" part. These people are just a bunch of bullies and scammers, that we need to fight back.