[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Unstable Servers

Constantly lagging and high ping and stuck in dungeons lagging to death .-.

Comments

• DelusoDeluso ✭✭✭✭
    Finally someone dare to speak about this. I was waiting and about to post the same thing.
    I have "stable" 300ms and constantly 500-800ms ping spikes. Not to mention when I receive VG quest reward, the ping goes up to 2k ms for about 3 seconds.
  • yes please
    ps teddy bears are awesome <3
  • Well, its double drop event.
    So 25 million players are logging in, ofc server gonna stutter here and there.
    :awesome:
  • msoltysplmsoltyspl ✭✭✭

Welcome to any NxDrop event from half of the last decade.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't have much problem, cause I wait most Murican go to bed then run stuff :p No spike at all B)
  • msoltyspl wrote: »

Honestly, the big problem we used to have with these sorts of drop events was mostly solved. That doesn't mean people won't still get ping spikes from time-to-time for a large number of reasons (mostly the same reasons as always, I think), but it isn't the specific issue we used to get.
  • Ves1978Ves1978 ✭✭✭✭
    msoltyspl wrote: »

Honestly, the big problem we used to have with these sorts of drop events was mostly solved. That doesn't mean people won't still get ping spikes from time-to-time for a large number of reasons (mostly the same reasons as always, I think), but it isn't the specific issue we used to get.

i have to disagree with you, this whole weekend is awful for me, my ping is usually 140-180, but this weekend i had spikes up to 6k. not like few times, but literally all the time. makes game unplayable.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    When has the servers ever been stable to begin with?
  • lag and dc here
  • dc 2 times in rally. rip rewards
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never had problems, haven't been on around use US peak times, but EU peak times I was getting laggy as heck, after changing ISP and some other changes, never had problem. Maybe, you guys need to check your ends before bashing EME.
  • Also, i always get disconnected after like 10 minutes in character maker? I launch the game with and without steam but it happens either way.. even when i try a different server. idk what this is all about ?
  • DelusoDeluso ✭✭✭✭
    My end is fine, checked network usage in resource manager, only Tera is active.
    I don't use wifi to play Tera and my computer is the only device connected to my network.
    Also, Tera isn't the only MMO I play. If other MMO is lagging like Tera right now, I won't bother to complain here.
  • edited March 2017
    urusee wrote: »
    Also, i always get disconnected after like 10 minutes in character maker? I launch the game with and without steam but it happens either way.. even when i try a different server. idk what this is all about ?

This issue is generally caused by policies on your modem or firewall to close connections after periods of inactivity, which happens because the character creator does not communicate with the server. You can usually workaround this issue by either a) periodically trying to set/change your name, or b) figuring out the settings you want first (writing them down, etc.), and then applying them very quickly before the timeout occurs.

I've found that often using a different modem or firewall can fix this issue, but obviously this is not something that is easy to just change.

Deluso wrote: »
    My end is fine, checked network usage in resource manager, only Tera is active.
    I don't use wifi to play Tera and my computer is the only device connected to my network.
    Also, Tera isn't the only MMO I play. If other MMO is lagging like Tera right now, I won't bother to complain here.
    Best thing to do in this case is to perform a traceroute to diag.enmasse.com.

Keep in mind that there are three parts to the connection equation: your connection, EME's connection, and everything in between those two points. In this case, based on the various experiences in this thread, I think the "in between" is the most likely culprit.
  • getting so many dcs since yesterday
    like 4 dcs per dungeon. and its annoying.