[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

this is real elin gunner ??

Comments

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is made me laugh and pissed me off at the same time cause this shows you that BHS is capable of getting rid of gender lock but they just wont.

They will do it if those who play males are willingly to $pend $omething that can match the amount from those who $pend $omething on females.

Wellcome to a F2P game that will try to please those who help them most.
  • MinimanaMinimana ✭✭✭
    Damn i want it.
  • Wasn't the brawler an april fools too?
    Anyway, it doesn't look so hard copy and paste the same animation for all races, so i don't really get why we keep getting race/gender lock classes.
  • JasonLucas wrote: »
    Wasn't the brawler an april fools too?
    Anyway, it doesn't look so hard copy and paste the same animation for all races, so i don't really get why we keep getting race/gender lock classes.

Because while it may not look so bad on the elin, it would look terrible on some races. If you've ever seen animation swaps on things like super smash brothers or street fighter type games, sometimes they look okay and sometimes they look monstrous.

Also I'd just like to point out that while Loriri was right about the word lie being in red bold letters, it's part of a sentence that says "She looks like a lie, but she's real."

That being said I do think it's very likely an april fools joke.
  • KiraboshiKiraboshi ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    it looks real. Is it a simple matter to fake something like this?

If this is a joke, they will be getting a lot of hate.

It isn't easy to fake what they did at all. That video shows they have completed all the animations for each Gunner skill for elin, which would take considerable time and effort.

Strong chances are they are going to pass this as a joke but then actually release it later as a double-gotcha.

• KiraboshiKiraboshi ✭✭✭
    BronzeTube wrote: »
    NPCPak wrote: »
    Why would they go out of their way to animate gunner animations for an elin model of the one day of the year?
    It doesn't make sense to me!

Because they likely just applied the castanic animations onto the elin body, taking all of one afternoon to produce the entire prank.

Elins do not have the same IK setup as castanics. This would not work.
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kiraboshi wrote: »
    BronzeTube wrote: »
    NPCPak wrote: »
    Why would they go out of their way to animate gunner animations for an elin model of the one day of the year?
    It doesn't make sense to me!

Because they likely just applied the castanic animations onto the elin body, taking all of one afternoon to produce the entire prank.

Elins do not have the same IK setup as castanics. This would not work.

is it that different, though? or is it close enough that some animations would look OK, while others would be messed up?
  • berrymilkberrymilk ✭✭✭
    I Will just say there should be elin brawler and gunner seeing a elin with big fist and guns is epic lol and adorable..
    Still waiting for the newer classes to be open to any race
    Elins can be like gunner side kicks to the castanic and high elf counter part while opening brawler to other races can be a boxing ternament theme to announce it for all classes I mean hey we already have luchador outfits
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't Bluehole just release Elin Gunner now that the animations have been made for this "April's Fools" video? :expressionless:

Or do people need to cry again?
  • Stop pls. This is just April Fools.
    People are fking retrds for follow this thread
  • KillstyleKillstyle ✭✭✭
    I really don't care if it's April fools or not. But if in the future they unlock all gender locked classes to be any race / gender I will most definitely will be deleting any gender locked class, even if at max level and in the best gear, for male versions. Especially Reaper and Gunner.
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    L9PDT4GGYF wrote: »
    Stop pls. This is just April Fools.
    People are fking retrds for follow this thread

You're following this thread lol
  • edited March 2017
    BHS could make this as long term project, releasing more races/genders to current classes overtime, let's say every few months.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet it's just a copy and paste for now at least.
    How much they need to completely change is another story, but the enemies also feel a bit weird size wise compared to the Elin in question. I do hope it's real, but it really looks like just a Castanic slapped with the 3D model of an Elin, with the 30 best seconds shown where stuff don't clip and no weird bugs.

For all other races.... dunno how it could work, specially males would need quite some changes. I mean, some moves look OK for any, but some are just pretty delicate and all.... Specially idle pose. Think of this one here:
    KwAqkxm.png
    Cute eh? Sexy eh? Looks great on a human, Elin or even female Aman right? Sweet dreams.

Now think of that on a male. Good nightmares for you.

Granted, you could just make an idle pose (instead of copying the Elf one that is also kinda.... weird for males), but there's more to it than what we saw in 30s. Granted also, it's not like making an entire new class, the base code is there, but something else has to be made, even if it's the half-assed copy and paste work.
  • I hope this is just a prank.

It's bad enough I have to play Ninja as one of the most unfit and worst looking races of Tera.

You could say play another class then. But in turn I tell you. Should I feel forced to play elin in order to play ninja? No I shouldn't but it's a bitter pill to swallow.