[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

The 17th Character Slot

Comments

• KillstyleKillstyle ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Well if you read here http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/it-s-time-to-reserve-your-valkyrie-name it says: "3.As part of the event, you’ll receive a free character slot (if you’re not already at maximum). This will be awarded when the Valkyrie is released. 4.If you are at your maximum for character slots (16), you can still reserve a name, but you won’t get the free slot. If you want to create a new character, you’ll have to free up a slot first." As you can see it says "you’ll receive a free character slot (if you’re not already at maximum)." So 17th slot would be another free slot as I am not at max slots.

@Spacecats @Halrath @CobaltDragon can I get some clarification please and thank you.
  • aw man, im actually disappointed that its not 4/4 i made all my plans for that day... why put 4/4 on the valkyrie logo IN GAME then =(
  • Ok you said more info would be posted on the 4th. Well where is that info on the release.
  • kisechikisechi
    edited April 2017
    Everyone knows EME first launch a page for new classes, with skills and info; They did it on reaper, gunner, brawler and ninja. Idk why have so many ppl confuse thinking Valkyrie as gonna be relase on 4/4 :p

• VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    EGJ4CNNYLK wrote: »
    aw man, im actually disappointed that its not 4/4 i made all my plans for that day... why put 4/4 on the valkyrie logo IN GAME then =(

Because the name reservation event goes over Valkyrie's release date, so you can reservate a name for it when it released during the timeframe...otherwise its just another reservation event for any other character
    WolfMaster wrote: »
    Ok you said more info would be posted on the 4th. Well where is that info on the release.

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/new-class-the-valkyrie maybe check the news page :p
  • so what the crap? i REALLY hate ANYTHING that is misleading but when you throw up a pic of the new class and tell people YOU WILL BE ABLE TO CREATE ON 04/04/17 they are expecting WHAT THEY SEE!!! and then on the day of expectation you instead just say OH NVM YOU CAN MAKE UR NEW CLASS ON THE 11TH......wow make sure the people playing know what the hell is going on and quit leading people on with this misguided BS
    #PrettyEffingPISSED

17632032_288223478268288_9048080514241317990_o.jpg?oh=6a8834d421523e15a4d98069f36005d0&oe=59595200
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/it-s-time-to-reserve-your-valkyrie-name

Browser says you can use it on the eleventh:
    You in game character selection screen shows 5/25 now instead of 4/4

Nothing but inconsistency. With so much inconsistency there is no way to know the actually truth.
  • so what the crap? i REALLY hate ANYTHING that is misleading but when you throw up a pic of the new class and tell people YOU WILL BE ABLE TO CREATE ON 04/04/17 they are expecting WHAT THEY SEE!!! and then on the day of expectation you instead just say OH NVM YOU CAN MAKE UR NEW CLASS ON THE 11TH......wow make sure the people playing know what the [filtered] is going on and quit leading people on with this misguided BS
    #PrettyEffingPISSED

17632032_288223478268288_9048080514241317990_o.jpg?oh=6a8834d421523e15a4d98069f36005d0&oe=59595200

Design flaw of the reservation event, can't edit text apparently.
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    Can't apparently do much correctly lately.
  • http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/it-s-time-to-reserve-your-valkyrie-name

Browser says you can use it on the eleventh:
    You in game character selection screen shows 5/25 now instead of 4/4

Nothing but inconsistency. With so much inconsistency there is no way to know the actually truth.

The 5/25 thing is different. That's the deadline until the name will be released back into the pool -- the end of the reservation window. The class will release on 4/11. You can use the reserved name any time between now and the deadline to create any new character you want, but the new class arrives next week.
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Well they certainly have'nt it made that clear on the browser site.
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/new-class-the-valkyrie
    They mention nothing about May 25 in this post nor in the announcement of the name reservation event. May 25 was never announced for anything.
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    They mention nothing about May 25 in this post nor in the announcement of the name reservation event. May 25 was never announced for anything.

May 25th is when all the reserved names get Released..on the name reservation event it says "You have until one month after the valkyrie class hits TERA to create a character with your reserved name; then we’re wiping the reservations clean." so May 25 is roughly 1month after Valkyrie released (remember, its the 11th) and its plently of time for people to make their names
    Stop believing that the NAME RESERVATION dates are 100000000000000% true for the release date...cause they're not...they're not related to the release date of the class....Never has...never will....Learn to english
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    Vinyltails wrote: »

May 25th is when all the reserved names get Released..on the name reservation event it says "You have until one month after the valkyrie class hits TERA to create a character with your reserved name; then we’re wiping the reservations clean." so May 25 is roughly 1month after Valkyrie released (remember, its the 11th) and its plently of time for people to make their names
    Stop believing that the NAME RESERVATION dates are 100000000000000% true for the release date...cause they're not...they're not related to the release date of the class....Never has...never will....Learn to english

Oh hoho but you didn't see the original announcement!!

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/it-s-time-to-reserve-your-valkyrie-name

"The name reservation event officially begins on Tuesday, February 28, and lasts until Tuesday April 4.

But that doesn’t mean that you have the whole month to decide! If you have a particular name you want to lock down, you’ll want to log in to TERA as soon as possible, before someone else reserves it! (Pro Tip: Have a few alternates ready to go.)"

By the way get your facts straight. They never once said on this announcement anything about May25. I have been playing every single freaking day to know what has been said and what I have seen to be inconsistent.

"your reserved name won’t last forever. You have until one month after the valkyrie class hits TERA to create a character with your reserved name; then we’re wiping the reservations clean."

Get your facts straight.

Never once on this originating post did the ever give as a "Valkyrie will be released on" verbage I'll admit that. However the way they said things had lead me and a lot of people think that we would be expecting the release on the fourth. Also on the day that this post was made is when I made my name reservation for the class. Which brought up a window at THAT time stating that ON this day I would be able to make my character. This reservation was to be in sync with the Valkyrie release according to the browser site.

Also learn to type better English if you are going to insult my understanding of it. I was born on this soil darlin. "[filtered] off!" as they say over seas.
  • edited April 2017
    "your reserved name won’t last forever. You have until one month after the valkyrie class hits TERA to create a character with your reserved name; then we’re wiping the reservations clean."

The only difference is that instead of being one month "to the day" (e.g. 11 May 2017), they just used the month as a loose timeframe and set it to 25 May. When you reserved the name in game in the first place, it already told you that you'd have until 25 May to use it. So even though it didn't say so in the news post, this part isn't really a big gotcha.
  • The support ticket seems to take years to get a response, so with my experience of games with terrible support I'll just try post where I can and see if there's any response to ever actually be received:

I reserved, and I don't have 16 characters, but I have not been sent any voucher or been able to create a Valkyrie since it was launched. Pretty annoyed, and frustrated.