[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance on 9/23 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

What's the most ridiculous thing that you've seen happen in TERA?

Comments

• The introduction of Elins.

PvP getting ruined.
  • KiraboshiKiraboshi ✭✭✭
    Beta 300 vs 300 vs 300 vs 300 GvG.

Nothing yet has topped the OGs
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yamazuki wrote: »
    A 6 hour AINM IMS run.

Wao, so the idea of HH came from there :p
  • When Tera first came out and everyone died to last boss in SM
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    About Space bar, New Reapers get to MC, they need to jump to get rid of Parasite, But The space bar combo kills them :lol:
  • NikuroTegaNikuroTega ✭✭✭✭
    What is the most ridiculous thing I've seen in Tera? People coming together for a good time and cause! :awesome:

• voidy wrote: »
    Every time I use Arise on someone who's been knocked down, but they're mashing spacebar trying to use retaliate, so they get up from my Arise only to keep jumping and just get knocked back down again.

You see, I'd change the bind for it, but there's this annoying bug for gamepad users where anytime you try changing the bind for retaliate on the gamepad menu, it just reverts back to the default when you try saving it. I sent in a ticket like 11 months ago, when the bug started happening, and I got a response saying they were aware of it, had it forwarded, and it would be announced when it's fixed. Again, that was eleven months ago. :/

• Not the most ridiculous but...

• ElureElure ✭✭
    br raid trying to clear whhm for 5 hous
  • YJGDCY4KHF wrote: »
    The introduction of Elins.

PvP getting ruined.

Elins have been in the game since the beginning.
  • edited April 2017
    Unfortunately
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    X97F7DPC4W wrote: »
    Unfortunately

Maybe for ungrateful ppl like you.

If not for Elins this game would be shut down before the first year on-line and even BHS admited it.

That's way the most ridiculous thing on this game are the Elins haters becuase they should be kneeling and showing some gratitude to the very same thing that keep this game to continue.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most ridiculous thing I've seen, counting players that say they're "too good to need crystals", I-framing out of Healing Circle directly into one hit mechanic, and the crazy events, I would say the most ridiculous thing are those haters "hurr durr Elins take them out of the game!" "This class is broken, remove it now" "hurr durr lack of content"

Jeez why you guys even play it then, get out instead of ruining the thread with your stupid salt. The thread was meant to be entertaining and you guys just spewing dumb hate
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    to all the elin haters out there.....if you don't like a race, then don't play that race. just that simple. I don't like barakas or the elephant feet dragon woman, and I don't play as them. that to me is ridiculous, hating on a character and hating those that play those characters. and the argument of elin players liking underage girls is getting old also. that is ridiculous also. read the lore on elins, or is reading ridiculous. as a female, I play mostly female classes, but I do have males that I use also. but yeah.. hating on elin users is the most ridiculous thing ive seen in tera.
  • I can spend all day telling what ridiculous things I have seen in the last 2 years, but maybe it's not best that I share everything xD.

I will never forget the day when Fulminar (last boss in BRHM) did the last water mechanic before boss got enraged and whole party died because our priest died before this mechanic happened and thank goodness I put my cleanse brooch on my gunner before this battle started. Not only that, I had to solo tank fulminar (schisma gear) that time and deal with fulminar enrage until party came back (from 15 percent hp to 2 percent left). My heart was pounding because I was scared if I made one small mistake, it would be a wipe but I was excited at the same time because I felt this adrenaline rush in my veins lol. I've had a similar experience where I held fulminar for 3-4 minutes on my lancer with a priest when he was enraged while 3 others had to res back. Without that experience, I don't think I would've been able to solo on my gunner. I think I live for these kinds of moments and have this mentality to not let my team down.

Another instance was when I tanked Duras in AIHM and with almost whole raid dead, just one priest and I were alive. Boss target me and I had to dodge his foot stomp and break the shield at the same time. I had to be very careful of the stomp and be patient to break the shield, plus lancer dps was underpowered back then. What was worse is that after a few minutes everyone came back to the gate and boss was at 1 percent HP, he ended up resetting because he target someone outside the gate, even though he was so far away. Talk about an unfortunate situation and frustration but that's Tera for you xD. Wish I had recorded these because moments like these in Tera are worth re-living over and over xD.

What the general audiance may call ridiculous moments in Tera, I may see some of it as a learning experience and also a tool that may have helped me to where I am at today. Without things like this, I don't think I would've learned to focus and prepare for what's on ahead. Always feel to be prepared for the unexpected.