[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Any plans for a Nexus return?

@Spacecats is there anything about a Nexus return? If there isn't then any possibility to have it open up for events? I loved Nexus even though it was a lagfest sometimes / all the time, lol. It was extremely fun for me and very engaging. Kept me busy and I always looked forward to Nexus times. Nexus is the thing I miss most about old Tera.

Comments

• They revamped nexus into a level 65 event called dreamstorm. Unfortunately there were issues with latency while dreamstorm was active which caused eme to shut it down indefinitely.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with Nexus is that it is very old. Not only it kind of conflicts with the current lore, being all about Demokrons instead of Argons, but due to the age of the Nexus, it may no longer be compatible with newer Client versions and current updates. Bringing the Nexus back as it is, would only cause major problems and major upset among the players for constant disconnects, lag server wide, etc, much like it happened with Dreamstorm.
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hope nexus never comes back unless they fix the lagfest. even if you didn't run nexus, while it was going on, it made the game lag really bad. dream storm was ok.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    I hope they repair the lag and bring back the nexus :)
    Even if they have plans to fix and bring back dreamstorm
  • maybe they should make it like a instance, and be like in another servers like the dungeons work (?) maybe that would fix the lag?
  • KillstyleKillstyle ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the responses. I appreciate it.

@StarSprite I didn't know they had it at 65 and called it Dreamstorm. I'll have to look it up.

@Zoknahal I kind of figured it was out dated and not in the current lore but was really hoping for something like Nexus but with whatever is the newest lore story involved. Just came back after being off and on for years and never got to experience Dreamstorm. And I wouldn't want it to come back and be a problem event either.

@allofspaceandtime I also would want the lagfest fixed. And I kind of do remember not being in Nexus and noticing lag. That's how I knew I had get there fast before they closed them all, lol.

@tisnotme I agree. A lag fix for Nexus or Dreamstorm or whatever new incarnation would be awesome even if it only came around for anniversaries.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    thatdude96 wrote: »
    maybe they should make it like a instance, and be like in another servers like the dungeons work (?) maybe that would fix the lag?

IMS "server" is the only server that doesn't lag during Dreamstorm iirc, but it means that if they put all the dreamstorms in the IMS server (that is 5 different servers as of now), it will lag 5 times as hard too. It is hard to solve this without upgrading the routing service (Dreamstorm is basically a DDoS on its own after all)
  • Dreamstorm is not even close to nexus. They shouldn't be compared. In nexus, people work together in raid and across raid to make good runs, and you make a lot of friends. In dreamstorm, people fight each other for very little reward and you have healers being shunned by the developers and gunners being highly favored; it's unfair, unfun, and you get frustrated at everyone else taking away mobs. Dreamstorm was one of the worst content Tera has ever put out and I hope it never comes back.
  • Ves1978Ves1978 ✭✭✭✭
    TsuTsunEmi wrote: »
    Dreamstorm is not even close to nexus. They shouldn't be compared. In nexus, people work together in raid and across raid to make good runs, and you make a lot of friends. In dreamstorm, people fight each other for very little reward and you have healers being shunned by the developers and gunners being highly favored; it's unfair, unfun, and you get frustrated at everyone else taking away mobs. Dreamstorm was one of the worst content Tera has ever put out and I hope it never comes back.

i still remember half of people on node saying "leave motes for healers" and other half not giving a [filtered] and pick motes anyway, even some +15 people
  • Nexus had its flaws too. People afkd in raids and still got rewarded. Bosses would get reset and healers would troll summon. People would clear nodes out of order to reduce the amount the server could do as a whole. Neither system was perfect and both have their flaws outside of being a lagfest. Nexus is only favorable because it was more rewarding and all you had to do was find a raid to sit in.
  • KillstyleKillstyle ✭✭✭
    @Spacecats I believe I got my answer. Can you tell me who to tag for this post (and future posts) to have it closed so I don't keep bothering you and also so this doesn't get necro'd in future.
This discussion has been closed.