[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance on 9/23 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

PowerA Wired Controller.

So I have this controller now and am wanting to use it for Tera. It says that it can be used for both xbox and windows. So I'm wondering if anyone can help me on this. People have said they are using controllers in the past to play Tera so I'm kind of lost on configuring.

Comments

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can use steam big picture to cofigure your control or do it manually in-side the game.

When you have it pulg it Tera will automatically detect it and let you choose between to pre-sets that you can change any time you want.
  • cheekibreekicheekibreeki ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Plug it in and let Windows install the drivers for you.

Then TERA (as said above) will automatically detect. Then you can press "back" on the controller and change any of the keybinds to whatever you want.
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Yeah I got it figured out. Thanks for the help. I ended up having to hunt down the driver after just plugging it in wasn't working. Found that out by calling the store guy. All good now. It will be interesting to play with a controller. Have not played one in like for ever. So far with the melee classes I think it will be easier to play with a controller with them.

What camera speed is recommended for settings. I noticed it's wildly fast and bumpy. Obviously slower would be better just not sure of the setting that most would use.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    What camera speed is recommended for settings. I noticed it's wildly fast and bumpy. Obviously slower would be better just not sure of the setting that most would use.

Actually no, I should recomend you to increase camera speed becuase you will need to get used to that in dungeons where you have to make fast turns (90º).
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    Hmm that makes sense. If I can only get fingers under control.
    I think it will take some practice and with this new class it's a prime chance to get it figured out. When you've played with a 2 button mouse and keyboard for so long, with the poor controller of ps2 sitting in the dusty corner of closet, it's definitely going to be an experience I'm sure.
    I played around with it with my ninja so far and have noticed that I might actually do a little better with it once I get used to it. I feel it has more mobility potential in my perspective atleast, a better chance to see things around and behind as well. Provided I don't run into a brick wall ofcourse. I haven't even logged in yet to see if the new class is ready I'm expecting it to be today actually.
    Starting from the ground up with this controller will be the best way to get the feel for it I think.
    I did attempt to fool around with my 6 button mouse and I think the same thing applies with it. Because of being so used to an old and obsolete way of things, it's totally going to be a challenge for my brain. I can do it though and looking forward to better results in game.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

Actually no, I should recomend you to increase camera speed becuase you will need to get used to that in dungeons where you have to make fast turns (90º).

mmm never had that happen to me tho, never needed those sharp 90° turns, also standard camera speed here, albeit I do have the proper analog sticks so dunno if that's an issue with OP (that they're just slamming max instead of ramping)
  • Well I tried a controller with war and found my 17 button mouse and nostromo controller to be a better fit. But yes I think a controller would kick A## over a traditional mouse and keyboard in pvp. It would depend on the instance, user, fps, ping and skills rotaion for pve. As always skill and ability count more than anything. Crappy player with the best rig is still a crappy player.
  • JBGamingJBGaming ✭✭✭
    WolfMaster must be talking about that Razor Naga. I"ve seen that and a lot of people use it. I never have though. With my A.D.D. I don't even know if my brain can handle coordinate my thumb with so many buttons lol. It would be nice to try it though! That totally sounds efficient!
    Besides that, My main thing is my thumb coordinations with the analog stick mainly when turning the camera. Ofcourse this is practically all new to me again, but still, controlling that camera turn while running when you want to turn the camera view to look behind you while running and then suddenly find yourself actually looking at the sky instead. lol. I'll get it down in time my hands just have to get used to it lol. I'm so hyped to be trying this with the new class. It's like a fresh start and easy learning process I think.

When I played around with my ninja checking out the controller, where all the skills were and how to bind them move them around. Then testing them out with movement; sure I was real choppy there being a newb fish with a controller. I slowly started to see myself get better with it. That alone told me that this controller is better for me with a melee class.

I haven't tried it with a ranged class though. I'm not even sure it would be good. But I want to try I might try a ranged class with my 6 button mouse, after I get my valk completed ofcourse. I'm going to assume a lot of people that are HEAVY in gaming actually use a lot of different types depending on the game they play. This is my first step going in the right direction. I'm very pleased to have finally acquired this controller to play with.

After using this keyboard for so long with all the classes and that dang 2button mouse..lol I'm so ready to move forward.
  • Anything is better than the noob mouse and keyboard. If I had to play that way I wouldn't! As for the mouse, well I miss my Naga Molten but it got fried by a lightning strike as well as the computer, cable modem and router. The surge protector was fried to but then it was lightning. I use a Venus mouse now and it's not as good as the Molten. Saving for a new one now. The main drawback to controller is the limited number of skills and consumables available. But for fast action like pvp where you don't use everything like in an instance I can see the benefits of a controller.