[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Who was/is the best player for each class for PvP

Comments

• kknaexkknaex ✭✭
    Elinerd wrote: »
    I rarely see people break over, let's say, 12 kills in Fraywind anymore because the game is so Balanced?. So it's hard to say who is truly the top in the art of kill stealing. How are you guys deciding who is the best? Is it just nostalgia? I personally feel like there's a large clump of decent players who average at about 7-8 kills every round in FWC but I only see the occasional lucky reaper or archer going over that. Outside of the new class averaging 10+ every round.

And I've only seen Kyru and his guild mates out road fighting like the old days, so for the most part I have no idea who is truly good. I do know that some players tilt the odds of winning in their favor pretty drastically but that's either due to imbalance(Valkyrie), their premade composition(multiple good reapers), or PVE heroism(Archer's stealing BAMs 99% of the time). But I guess I'll just try a list pointing out players who consistently seem to kill me, I won't list tanks or healers because I have complete tunnel vision and don't pay attention to group play mechanics. At one point I would have listed Lancers but Lancers barely do damage these days.
    • Berserker: Teenage and [filtered](is this an alt of someone? He seemed really good but only saw him a couple of times).
    • Ninja: Why do so few people play this class? Giggle, Ninjarity, and Numbnips are the only ones I can think of(aside from me) that I've ever seen do well.
    • Slayer: I think most still playing this class able to get 10 kills even once is decent otherwise they would reroll to something less brutally painful to play. I rarely see Slayers being champs.
    • Sorcerer: Risv and Poste.
    • Warrior: Kyru and Kiraboshi.
    • Reaper: Lots of good Reapers for obvious reasons but I think Myon(Or was it Myonz?) is the best alongside Treat.Dog. It's hard to gauge how good the other good Reapers we see are since they usually group together.
    • Valkyrie: From what I've seen it's my scx baby Fansub. I'm a KS champ, prove me wrong u won't.

Also I'm sure I've played through the majority of the FWC power hours(and a good chunk of CS/3s) in the past 4 months and yet I haven't seen the vast majority of the players mentioned in this thread. Why name dead players?

Treat.dog? XD
  • kknaexkknaex ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    N9X7GXPD5E wrote: »
    Sorc: Icha, Few others from Manifest/GF.
    Archer: Xilian (Arguably one of the best in the game.)
    Slayer: Cool (Fey Forest), Kisky, Glitchy, Kayrinn, Mudkip, Lacari (Had to mention him). There's more Slayers I just can't remember or most have changed their IGNs or either quit the game.
    Warrior: Kyru, Dark.Haru, Fallma, Icesoulz, Avocado (Few more to mention)
    Lancer: Raven.Wraith (Now known as Crim), Metapod, Ozbek, Xii, Pumped, Sir.Cage (more to name here)
    Berserker: Sessh, Rise, Ravidlas, Deebo, Weed, Lotus.Roots, Ennokk, Wolf, Ramuthruh, Darkness, Skittle.Rain.
    Reaper: Numbnips
    Ninja: Ninja.Piruleta
    Brawler: This one Schisma geared Brawler in Fey Forest he's really good, he beat the whole server before the merge. Some have accused him as using macros but I really don't buy that.
    Mystic: Bonefire (He's pretty good)
    Priests: Not quite sure yet.

The brawler is Yaruko, Koni's idol.
  • kknaexkknaex ✭✭
    Best Brawler in both pve and pvp: Koni
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    Best in everything: @kamizuma
  • ElinerdElinerd ✭✭
    kknaex wrote: »
    Treat.dog? XD
    Am I mistaken? He's always getting like 16 kills in fwc.
  • edited May 2017
    Sorc: Icha, impulse, Zing
    Zerk: Lethal, Depore
    Slayer: Coool(Fcking Living Legend)
    Gunner: Shot, A.M, Robbie, Lucylea
    Lancer: Pokedex, Apex, Bubble, Ozbek
    Ninja: Numbnips, Me
    Reaper: Numbnips, Woah.Dude, Freelo, Myonz
    Valkyrie: Broken as [filtered](Class carried)
    Brawler: Aveon, Dawn.Zero, Death, Pang.Kronoss
    Archer: Xillian, Suntail, Arrow.Jules, Kimbe
    Healers: Guild.member, Mist, Please.Heal.Me, Me
  • jongbaejongbae ✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    3AJXKWTNR3 wrote: »
    there's no best player in PVP there are only people mastering broken classes and in a game that's only pushing us to PvE and the developers don't the know what balance means.

As any other pvp game is.

There is not such things as real balance and in every game ppl plays with the FotM characters, classes and races.

Devs don't push players to quit PvPing but the very same players are the ones letin pvp die.

I think it is true there isn't something as real balance but TERA is the biggest joke for class balance. I don't know but every time I see you post you just confirm you don't play this game at all lol
  • MiskuChanMiskuChan ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    jongbae wrote: »
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    3AJXKWTNR3 wrote: »
    there's no best player in PVP there are only people mastering broken classes and in a game that's only pushing us to PvE and the developers don't the know what balance means.

As any other pvp game is.

There is not such things as real balance and in every game ppl plays with the FotM characters, classes and races.

Devs don't push players to quit PvPing but the very same players are the ones letin pvp die.

I think it is true there isn't something as real balance but TERA is the biggest joke for class balance. I don't know but every time I see you post you just confirm you don't play this game at all lol

I don't think 'class balance' is the issue, if everyone had a backstab or ground pound it still wouldn't make for good PvP. Certain moves and mechanics kill legitimate PvP.

I'm surprised that a lot of people have refused to name a best valk but have no problems naming who they think is the best reaper or brawler. It's nice to see a lot of people represented, always funny to see people say 'me' too xD.

Very very surprised not to see Babydoll, Ratouch, Red or Tomo mentioned.
  • ElinerdElinerd ✭✭
    MiskuChan wrote: »
    I'm surprised that a lot of people have refused to name a best valk but have no problems naming who they think is the best reaper or brawler. It's nice to see a lot of people represented, always funny to see people say 'me' too xD.

Very very surprised not to see Babydoll, Ratouch, Red or Tomo mentioned.

Well most people probably don't even recognize Valks yet but yeah I do agree with you. That guy up above nominated himself as a good Ninja but said Valks carry themselves, that's kind of funny to me because I still don't understand how you can be a sub par Ninja and there isn't much of a gap between average and excellent ninjas from what I've seen.

There are a ton of [filtered] Valks so the class doesn't play itself any more than reaper or ninja does. It just has a long combo chain that can be abused, not that much different than reaper or warrior.
  • JdogJdog ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    There were players that were great in 3v3 but not so great in FW - Grid
    Gunner - Shot - Precision
    Archer - Cobra (The FW BAM stealing God and also top Grid Archer) Suntail - Xilian Top 3v3 Archers and 1v1
    Lancer - General (also known as The.Dirty.Bubble)
    Reaper - No comment here, There were about 4-5 that were debatable
    Brawler - Aveon
    Zerker - D.T (Hands down, there was never another like him)
    Sorc - Haimon

• KiraboshiKiraboshi ✭✭✭
    Glad people are ignoring Valk, because we really won't know who the "best" one is until the backstab nerf. Right now Overheads cooldown lines up with BS too easily which allows shitters to get carried by kiting for it. Which is sad to see because there actually are a lot more combos and setups to the class.
  • YitharYithar ✭✭✭
    Floww wrote: »
    This thread is one good meme, thanks nips

FRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
  • ElinerdElinerd ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Jdog wrote: »
    There were players that were great in 3v3 but not so great in FW - Grid
    Gunner - Shot - Precision
    Archer - Cobra (The FW BAM stealing God and also top Grid Archer) Suntail - Xilian Top 3v3 Archers and 1v1
    Lancer - General (also known as The.Dirty.Bubble)
    Reaper - No comment here, There were about 4-5 that were debatable
    Brawler - Aveon
    Zerker - D.T (Hands down, there was never another like him)
    Sorc - Haimon

What about Slayers?? And for Zerk shouldn't Doll/Horo or Painwheel be up there? I quit the game for a long while so I don't even know who D.T is but to say there was never another like him seems silly. And what about the legendary WOOTLE? He's unarguably the greatest Zerk of all time. And one Zerk I see running around these days that stands out is [filtered] but I haven't seen him in 3s.
  • ElinerdElinerd ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Kiraboshi wrote: »
    Glad people are ignoring Valk, because we really won't know who the "best" one is until the backstab nerf. Right now Overheads cooldown lines up with BS too easily which allows shitters to get carried by kiting for it. Which is sad to see because there actually are a lot more combos and setups to the class.
    I was actually really bummed that the class was more warrior *teleports behind u atatatata* than slayer/zerker KD chaining. I haven't been able to log in but I imagine that even with the damage nerfs you can still one-combo people to death without having to backstab twice though. I don't think the other nerfs will really enable the full range of combos the class has available to them unless you're in a 1v2 or worse.

But anyway I'm the best Valk NA just dwi.
  • BijuBiju ✭✭✭
    Hard to day for all classes but I can say this:
    Lancer: Gold, Tsumori
    I want those two to say as far away possible from me lol