Directional backstep for priest/lancer/sorc

2»

Comments

• StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    Sunflare wrote: »
    Of the now 4 classes affected by this change, I play priest (daily), archer and lancer (both regularly). I'd imagine long-term sorcerers will feel the same about it like archers did when this was applied for them - awkward and annoying at first, later to e level of it becoming less enjoyable to play the class.

While this will be liked by players who will be playing on consoles or are currently using controllers, I personally dislike these changes. I've been playing priest for over 3 years. Having the ability to dodge in any direction (with BACKstep and even Fiery Escape) makes playing the class less challenging, therefore less fun. The complexity of the class, the skill barrier is now lower. Thankfully, being able to dodge in any direction comes with the major inconvenience of having to press an extra key or make sure you're not pressing any directional key which somewhat compensates for dumbing down the class.

I suppose it's a matter of time before they make mystic's Jaunt also multi-directional. o_O What's the logic changing priest's dodging skills but not mystic's? Or making archer's rush skill (Chase) also multi-directional but leaving slayer's etc unchanged?

Nothing will change anyway.

teleport jaun are effected by cd stats( triple reoll + nostrum) and mystic dont have other reposition tool..... , backstep dont be affected by cd stat, priest need glyped if they want 4 s, instead 5 seconds, is like priet have a more short teleport jaun and fiery scape still be afected by face camera ( same for ice retreat )
  • SaphirKanzakiSaphirKanzaki ✭✭✭✭
    RIP advanced movement

The backstep was one of the movements that is hard to learn as you turn the camera, execute the backstep and turn it back to make a straight forward evasive maneuver. I spent a lot of time training this and the information is stored in my muscle/finger movements.
    Well, it will basically be like the slayer's barrel roll.