Will we get an update on BuddyUp?

Same as in title. I have no idea if someone asked it earlier, if so - please link me to the thread!

Rewards for recruits are kinda outdated (yep, I'm talking about you +12 scroll) and friendship circle would offer more mounts or costumes. I just don't know if to use it now or bank it and wait for any update :) Also, if you will update the scroll to higher tiers and I have mine unused in bank, would it be possible to get it changed also? O w O I think EU has it's buddy-up updated (seen it somewhere, don't play) so that's why I'm so damn curious.

Mods, I summon you~!

And thanks in advance :pleased:

Comments

• EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soon™ ¬.¬
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    What sort of changes would people like? What would people also not like to see at all?
  • SaphirKanzakiSaphirKanzaki ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    There's no need to update a system that doesn’t work properly in the first place. Just have a look at the Buddy-Up code thread. People are dashing out their codes and hope for new players to make it to lvl 65 without helping the new player anything. In the past, experienced players wrote down their online times, their names when they have time to help the new player.

The basic idea is to have a mentor program. New players learning the ropes, old player teaching them. This doesn’t happen at all.

If the Buddy-Up program would be reworked, it would not need new incentives but a real process to bring mentor and mentee together. This could be e.g. a blast from the past in combination with time spent together in a group. The mentor gets graded down to the level of the mentee. Given that an experienced player can level to max in ~15h, it would be sufficient to have a counter that needs 10h being together in a party.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    The system EU got and revamped seems fine, haven't tried it to be sure but seems community enjoys it. Would be nice a complete overhaul.
  • XuekaoXuekao ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    when i post my codes up on the thread, i actually do help the players with information and if they need assistance with something hard i will give aid. most of the time though i will tell them that it is better to learn the mechanics of a dungeon because bosses and BAMs are a lot tougher and share those mechanics at endgame.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xuekao wrote: »
    when i post my codes up on the thread, i actually do help the players with information and if they need assistance with something hard i will give aid. most of the time though i will tell them that it is better to learn the mechanics of a dungeon because bosses and BAMs are a lot tougher and share those mechanics at endgame.

I gave more than 15 codes now on TR, CH, MT, most was on CH, only 3 ppl got to 65. Almost all the players, specially on CH I gave gold, crystals they need, cosmetic accessories, low tier Feedstock/Alka in large number, I spent a lot on them and spent time to give them what to do and how to do it, they just didn't reach 65 in time and I just got nothing outta it later and most of them didn't even stayed in game. So I stopped.

Moral of story this system is not gonna keep new players play the game, it is only viable for Veterans and returning players and also it is not rewarding for code givers much. Whole system needs revamp.
  • I always thought it was more focused on returning players to help them get back on track again. Like you haven't played the game for month or two and you get bonuses if you start playing again. Scroll is a reward which had a sense when schisma was a thing...Now it's basically useless (unless someone is that hardcore to masterwork low-lvl gear). I think giving player more up-to-date reward (higher tier) would be a great choice.
  • LesbianVi wrote: »

I gave more than 15 codes now on TR, CH, MT, most was on CH, only 3 ppl got to 65. Almost all the players, specially on CH I gave gold, crystals they need, cosmetic accessories, low tier Feedstock/Alka in large number, I spent a lot on them and spent time to give them what to do and how to do it, they just didn't reach 65 in time and I just got nothing outta it later and most of them didn't even stayed in game. So I stopped.

Moral of story this system is not gonna keep new players play the game, it is only viable for Veterans and returning players and also it is not rewarding for code givers much. Whole system needs revamp.

i agree, most of the people i am helping end up leaving or making another character before 65.
  • MuggslyMuggsly ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    The rewards at 65 are just proof that that EME hasn't had this on their radar for sometime. I recently talked a buddy into leveling in tera and trying it out. We get him to 65 and what does he get a +12 enchantment scroll for tier 1-7 gear and instance reset scrolls for dungeons that do not exist but funnily enough are coming back(BR and TS). I screenshot it if anyone wants a look but what a joke on a player who wanted to get into the game. Can the rewards at least be updated to match current content since as it stands now the Congratulations You Hit 65 rewards are useless.
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'd personally kill a man for an update to the buddyup rewards-- it's definitely one of those things that's gone ignored long enough to the point where it looks pretty bad on EME, it's embarrassing af to be gifted instance scrolls for dungeons we currently don't have and a +12 enchantment scroll for gears that are below the current endgame tier. really gives the impression that they don't care, you know? not to imply anything....

EU having recently updated their buddyup rewards just adds another layer of embarrassment frosting
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ardire wrote: »
    i'd personally kill a man for an update to the buddyup rewards-- it's definitely one of those things that's gone ignored long enough to the point where it looks pretty bad on EME, it's embarrassing af to be gifted instance scrolls for dungeons we currently don't have and a +12 enchantment scroll for gears that are below the current endgame tier. really gives the impression that they don't care, you know? not to imply anything....

EU having recently updated their buddyup rewards just adds another layer of embarrassment frosting

It just shows how much En Masse really cares!
  • NPCPakNPCPak ✭✭✭✭
    I actually hope for an update soon as well, I want to be able to collect the new mounts for when a mentor's buddy hits LV 65. Maybe we will get a change soon... who knows.
  • SunflareSunflare ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Here's my attempt to make a difference after 1.5 years of Gameforge neglecting the BuddyUp system in TERA EU:
    2 weeks later they announced a rewards change. As of January, it looks like this:
    BuddyUp system - purpose, limits and rewards
    Is there more publicity? No. They've done nothing to promote the system.
    Are rewards liked by mentees? Yes. Anything is better than what they used to get. Could and should be much better though.
    Are rewards liked by mentors? No. Mentor rewards have practically been decreased as buddy shop prices have been doubled and all items made untradable.

What would you do to finally get up-to-date rewards for BuddyUp in TERA NA?
    Opening a thread about it is a good start. It's already been buried in the General Discussion section though. Don't let this thread just die, guys. o/
  • SaphirKanzakiSaphirKanzaki ✭✭✭✭
    when i post my codes up on the thread, i actually do help the players with information and if they need assistance with something hard i will give aid.
    ^ Of course there are also still old players willing to help.

I forgot to add that the BuddyUp system also has a completely underrated benefit for the mentor:

The chance to get a loyal new guild member or a gaming friend.

This is because it will never (rarely) happen that a new player/lvl 1 and an old player/lvl 65 meet and spend some time together. New players are located on Stepstone, Crescentia and cant even chat. Old players are in Highwatch, Velika. Now imagine (like in another MMO, e.g. BDO) a place where new players and old players meet and greet.
    Of course the motivation of a new player will go down as the new player wants to chat, make new friends, have fun in a group. For bashing monsters alone I don't need Tera but a solo offline game (e.g. Skyrim). This is what the BuddyUp system needs - a social process revamp. To show new players that this is an MMO.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no need to update a system that doesn’t work properly in the first place. Just have a look at the Buddy-Up code thread. People are dashing out their codes and hope for new players to make it to lvl 65 without helping the new player anything. In the past, experienced players wrote down their online times, their names when they have time to help the new player.

The basic idea is to have a mentor program. New players learning the ropes, old player teaching them. This doesn’t happen at all.

If the Buddy-Up program would be reworked, it would not need new incentives but a real process to bring mentor and mentee together. This could be e.g. a blast from the past in combination with time spent together in a group. The mentor gets graded down to the level of the mentee. Given that an experienced player can level to max in ~15h, it would be sufficient to have a counter that needs 10h being together in a party.

I'd argue that it was never meant to be a system that helps new players get into the game but more of a boost for returning players. The 1 month cool-off period and it not supporting a 2nd char point to that. And so do the rewards and the overall design.