There will be a maintenance from 8 to 10 a.m. PDT on Tuesday, June 27.

Small but positive things you notice/experience in dungeons

Instead of a negative post, why not share positive experiences we have had experienced in dungeons? I'll start with myself: A random stranger gifted me 50 prime battle solutions when I stated I ran out of these potions at the last boss of RMHM - that was really nice of him/her.

Comments

• sometimes if i'm duo healing something boring me and the other healer will spam greet each other when we run out of stuff to do. also trying to kill each other can be fun if it's not a serious run; back in sshm days a pug i was in had a blast killing the tank for fun with first boss lasers. (he was a good sport about it too and tried to get us in return)
  • edited April 11
    I've had quiet the adventure today. I was in an IM for DFNM and we were waiting on the slayer to enter, so I decided to have a little fun. I made a battle plan where the Mystic's thrall would be the tank, and the Mystic would go resurrect any Demokrons they see. The Sorcerer and Archer would act as the Mystic/Priest's debuffs and the Slayer would share his MP with the team. The lancer was to do full heals for the party while I, the priest, would DPS to prove I can do over 1.3m/s.

I didn't think they'd go with it at all, but they did. I was laughing so hard watching our team trying to follow my commands; it was one of the best dungeon runs I ever had in a long time. I dearly thank the team for being so easy-going... it's been a long time since I had a party to laugh with me.
  • Disaster parties are actually fun for me. I queue DFHM fully expecting the party to be trap, and most of the time I can carry the team with heals (read: fun).

That being said, I recently ran an IM SSHM that went faster and smoother than most SSNM runs. Had a great time, nobody died, and we joked around the whole time. Was a blast.
  • I was in a LKNM party once, when first playing as warrior (so i knew nothing and had slaughter set). We got wiped 3-4 times in the horse, but it was really nice with everyone helping each other on how to properly fight the horse.

Then our priest and dps leaved, and another warrior and priest joined. The priest was very friendly and the warrior was really funny ("Yo guys i'm here for some boots" "Carry us senpai and you'll get the fashionest boots ever"). We got wiped 4 more times and everyone agreed to disband, but the brawler said: "Awww guys we died so many times here together, i kind of want to finnish this dungeons with you all. Let's try it, just one more time, and we can disband if we die, ok?"

We tried once more, with full focus, and guess what? Yep we all died B) But i made friends this day.
  • I have 2 incidents I remember.

One was a run back when SF came back (shortly after gunners were added). There was a +13 gunner in the party and I was on my lancer. I wasn't feeling too confident in myself because usually if there was someone with any type of VM gear, I wouldn't be able to keep aggro despite my best efforts. When all was said and done, the gunner thanked me for doing a good (if shaky) job, and said that I just needed to believe in myself. A good case of the fuzzies there.

The other was a VoK run around the same time, me again on lancer. At least 3 others were from the same guild and all elin of assorted classes, and one of them was sort of RPing an overzealous maid (because of course). She asked me through a greeting if I wanted any tea and I responded "I don't want any tea! Stop asking!" One of the other elin then kept spamming greetings at the maid-elin akin to "Goddammit!" and "You had one job!", while the elin-maid then keeps going "Don't hit me...!" and some other various responses. Next thing I know, there's a message in the party chat along the lines of "holy crap, I'm crying over here. that was a great answer nadya (<- lancer's name)". It sounds chaotic, but it was a good deal of fun.

Good times.
  • I've always found it fun when a toxic player gets rekt in dungeons. Yesterday I queued for DFHM and we got a single healer, a +9 priest, seemingly new to the dungeon. Fortunately most of us knew the dungeon and had the 1st boss fight was wacky but in the end we made it, however, there was another rookie in the group, a sorcerer, who started complaining about the priest (who, to be honest, did pretty well for an undergeared rookie healer).

The sorc started to talk crap about the healer before the 2nd boss, "you're a noob", "you won't heal anyone", "don't ever queue for dungeons", and such, to the point the healer asked to be kicked. However, the fight started and our super pro sorcerer proceeded to each every single poison carpet he could, which obviously resulted in him dying and blamiing our priest again.

He continued talking sh*t before Verno's fight and got even worse after the priest's client crashed and we wiped (nobody noticed the healer disconnected until half of the party was dead). They started arguing and the healer was getting discouraged, we all told him to ignore the sorc since the guy couldn't even stay alive for more a minute. We completed the 2nd attempt without problems and the sorc was the cutest floormat while we did, obviously he didn't say a word after we finished.
  • AAHHJG4PKM wrote: »
    I was in a LKNM party once, when first playing as warrior (so i knew nothing and had slaughter set). We got wiped 3-4 times in the horse, but it was really nice with everyone helping each other on how to properly fight the horse.

Then our priest and dps leaved, and another warrior and priest joined. The priest was very friendly and the warrior was really funny ("Yo guys i'm here for some boots" "Carry us senpai and you'll get the fashionest boots ever"). We got wiped 4 more times and everyone agreed to disband, but the brawler said: "Awww guys we died so many times here together, i kind of want to finnish this dungeons with you all. Let's try it, just one more time, and we can disband if we die, ok?"

We tried once more, with full focus, and guess what? Yep we all died B) But i made friends this day.

wipe friend \ : v /
  • I can use mounts in dungeons, that's the only thing for me.
  • Ran LKN with a pug. Highlight of the run was us constantly spamming emotes between bosses and sitting in Lilith's room - the one in the hallway that everyone ignores, not her fighting arena - for about 15 minutes telling stories and jumping on things because someone had to eat Carl's Jr. at 9pm.
  • The names I see in IMS are quite wonderful. People have very strange and fantastic names.
  • skipping double ghosts in an IMS SCHM pt comes to mind
  • skipping double ghosts in an IMS SCHM pt comes to mind

How did you manage to skip that mechanic?
  • IMS FINM once, 6 people got ported in. We cleared it 6-man. No drops though D: Was hilarious.
  • LYC14 wrote: »
    skipping double ghosts in an IMS SCHM pt comes to mind

How did you manage to skip that mechanic?

burn the boss down after single ghost to 24 before he can spawn the second ghost phase
  • Salsychou wrote: »
    Ran LKN with a pug. Highlight of the run was us constantly spamming emotes between bosses and sitting in Lilith's room - the one in the hallway that everyone ignores, not her fighting arena - for about 15 minutes telling stories and jumping on things because someone had to eat Carl's Jr. at 9pm.

Oh snap, hey. It was a really good burg.