Parth Notes 4/11/2017 [Honorbound]

Comments

• edited April 2017
    SoundAtlas wrote: »
    Meh, guess we just gotta wait.

This will all come out for us at a later date. It's not supposed to come out with Valk.

Yeah I realized that would technically be in the "next" patch and edited my post lol (since I can't delete them). My bad. n.nU
  • Parth Notes? Looks around for those pesky Parthians.
  • edited April 2017
    JasonLucas wrote: »
    I guess that the only time we had a precise time in a major update the servers had to be close for more 4 hours because it almost exploded.

I mean, I'd prefer that they took the time to do things properly so the servers don't immediately crash when we all try to join (or lag like hell), but it would be "polite" for them to have a PR Rep or Community Manager take the 5 seconds required to tell us these things in person rather than than leaving us in the dark for X number of additional hours. :L

They could also release the patch data *now* even if the servers aren't ready yet, since it's probably gonna be hella slow this time with all the people trying to simultaneously download it. I can't imaging the package data isn't complete already (it was probably finished at least a week in advance unless they're very dumb lol).
  • JasonLucas wrote: »
    I guess that the only time we had a precise time in a major update the servers had to be close for more 4 hours because it almost exploded.

I mean, I'd prefer that they took the time to do things properly so the servers don't immediately crash when we all try to join (or lag like [filtered]), but it would be "polite" for them to have a PR Rep or Community Manager take the 5 seconds required to tell us these things in person rather than than leaving us in the dark for X number of additional hours. :L

Maybe they don't want to over-promise if something particularly weird or troublesome is going on?
  • edited April 2017
    JasonLucas wrote: »

I mean, I'd prefer that they took the time to do things properly so the servers don't immediately crash when we all try to join (or lag like [filtered]), but it would be "polite" for them to have a PR Rep or Community Manager take the 5 seconds required to tell us these things in person rather than than leaving us in the dark for X number of additional hours. :L

Maybe they don't want to over-promise if something particularly weird or troublesome is going on?

...Except saying nothing is simply *NOT* better for PR than just popping in and saying some non-committal statement like:

"Hey guys, maintanence is going to take a bit longer than usual. We're working on it and the servers will be back up as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience!"
  • They did: "Server maintenance is running longer than expected. Sorry for the inconvenience!"

How will the 24hrs system work now? It starts counting as soon as the maintenance ends?
  • AAHHJG4PKM wrote: »
    They did: "Server maintenance is running longer than expected. Sorry for the inconvenience!"

How will the 24hrs system work now? It starts counting as soon as the maintenance ends?

It should start counting once servers are up
  • edited April 2017
    AAHHJG4PKM wrote: »
    They did: "Server maintenance is running longer than expected. Sorry for the inconvenience!"

Yeah I just noticed they put that up there. That's better, thank you Bluehole - it's just polite to let people know you're not dead. :]
  • They could also release the patch data *now* even if the servers aren't ready yet, since it's probably gonna be hella slow this time with all the people trying to simultaneously download it. I can't imaging the package data isn't complete already (it was probably finished at least a week in advance unless they're very dumb lol).

The patch parth data to update the game has been available for half an hour already xD
  • I'm in the timezone stated on the update page. 7am-9am PST. Servers are still down here. So I guess wait it out? just over 10 minutes left.

You might want to learn Daylight savings time.

Time isn't relative, Daylight Savings time is an abomination to the world we live in. KILL THE INVENTOR OF DAYLIGHT SAVINGS
  • its almost an hour past the estimated time anyone know when it will be back???
  • CPJXDJRWN7 wrote: »
    its almost an hour past the estimated time anyone know when it will be back???

10 am PDT
  • CPJXDJRWN7 wrote: »
    its almost an hour past the estimated time anyone know when it will be back???

ETA is in 15 mins