Parth Notes 4/11/2017 [Honorbound]

Comments

• I'm just sad I'm probably not gonna be able to play at all before work. :c
  • edited April 2017
    SoundAtlas wrote: »
    Revolt23 wrote: »
    Whats up with all these Gender/Race locked classes...That's just being lazy..

Many many many many many mmos do this. Tons.

Erm, not to this degree. Race locks are occasionally used, but race+GENDER!? Not that I've ever seen apart from TERA.

It's just pure laziness imo. As someone who is quite well versed in 3D modeling and animation creation, lemme just say that it would take a single professional 3D artist less than a day to pound out armor and animation ports for the other races and genders (probably one person could do at least 2 full animation and armor suite ports in a single day).

Yes TERA generally had different animations and armor visuals for each race, gender, and sometimes even class, but I'd still VASTLY prefer a straight up "same looks" port to other races and/or genders than being forced to play a race/gender combo I'm not all that interested in...
  • I've been literally refreshing the server-status page to see when it says "up" I'm that bored lmao!!!
  • Been playing Tera since beta major patches have never once been on time. I've usually banked on a few hours after.
  • Aogriete wrote: »
    I've been literally refreshing the server-status page to see when it says "up" I'm that bored lmao!!!

I've been doing that exact same thing! lmao
  • First time i'm actually on time for a class release. Here's to hoping it feels as good as it looks! :)
  • SoundAtlas wrote: »

Erm, not to this degree. Race locks are occasionally used, but race+GENDER!? Not that I've ever seen apart from TERA.

It's just pure laziness imo. As someone who is quite well versed in 3D modeling and animation creation, lemme just say that it would take a single professional 3D artist less than a day to pound out armor and animation ports for the other races and genders.

Yes TERA generally had different animations and armor visuals for each race, gender, and sometimes even class, but I'd still VASTLY prefer a straight up "same looks" port to other races and/or genders than being forced to play a race/gender combo I'm not all that interested in...

Yea alright, not strict Gender + race locks, but it's still being done, like strict gender locks, or race locks. Sometimes a race is only one gender. something like elin. It's not uncommon to come across something like this
  • CPJXDJRWN7 wrote: »
    CPJXDJRWN7 wrote: »
    where is it lol i just got the game a a over three hour wait before i have even played an ounce of the game is not a good start XD

Unfortunately (or Fortunately, depends on how you look at it), you got it at a major patch, have to expect a long wait. But also there will be a new class so there's that.

yea true true do you have acess to all the classes right off the bat or do you have to unlock them just asking ?

Reaper is locked in the beginning, you'll have to get to lvl 40 on any character to unlock it.
    Other than that, all classes are unlocked from the start.
  • That's what im saying @UlithiumDragon that's just being lazy. Reaper could have been on Every Race by now. i guess imagine a Baraka doing a Grim Strike with the backflip LMAO
  • It would be really funny if they don't update the Server Status page but the servers are working.

*tfw i'm refreshing the page and checking the game every 2 mins*
  • CPJXDJRWN7 wrote: »
    CPJXDJRWN7 wrote: »
    where is it lol i just got the game a a over three hour wait before i have even played an ounce of the game is not a good start XD

Unfortunately (or Fortunately, depends on how you look at it), you got it at a major patch, have to expect a long wait. But also there will be a new class so there's that.

yea true true do you have acess to all the classes right off the bat or do you have to unlock them just asking ?

The only class you have to "unlock" per say is reaper because you have to have a character lv 40+ in order to make
  • i remember back when reaper came out it was more like 5-6 hrs T^T
  • I have the game running and everything

P.S
    What server you guys at??
  • I'm bored! tumblr_m0sl702UKB1qm8f9oo5_500.gif
  • SoundAtlas wrote: »

It's just pure laziness imo. As someone who is quite well versed in 3D modeling and animation creation, lemme just say that it would take a single professional 3D artist less than a day to pound out armor and animation ports for the other races and genders.

Yea alright, not strict Gender + race locks, but it's still being done, like strict gender locks, or race locks. Sometimes a race is only one gender. something like elin. It's not uncommon to come across something like this

Technically speaking Elins and Popori were slated as being the same race in the beginning. They then chickened out from having a male version of a race that resembles little girls and the "implications" that would bring. XD

In the game's files, the Elins are always referred to as "Popori_F", while Popori are refered to as "Popori_M". :]