server lag?

14567810»

Comments

• edited April 2017
    its spike so muchh i6UoJZQ.jpg
  • xvctxvct ✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Could you give some details that might help us identify what's happening? This goes for everyone in this thread experiencing lag.

- Where are you playing from?
    - What server are you on?
    - Where were you in game when you experienced lag?
    - Did any of your party members or guildies mention lag at the exact same time as you?

Central USA
    FF
    Leveling Dungeons (mainly), BGs, Open World
    Yes
  • edited April 2017
    Short Guide How To Be Your Usual Crappy MMO Publisher:

Step 1
    Bring an Update

Step 2
    Do not prepare the Servers for it

Step 3
    Completely ignore the community since they will forget about it in a few weeks anyway

Step 4
    Say that you have fixed the server issue and dont mention that you actually did nothing expect waiting for players to leave

Step 5
    Save $$$

donald-trump-thumbs-up.jpg
  • Based12Based12 ✭✭✭
    I play from south america and usually i have 180ms. Nowadays i rarely see less than 200ms and with 650ms spikes that last like 5 seconds or more at random times.

This was after patch, on MT. And it's something that happens to everyone, you can see global chat, doesn't matter what you're doing or where you are, you get the spike.
  • DeadXDeadX ✭✭✭
    i don't, games been pretty flawless after they fixed the instance server. so don't say "everyone" it isn't everyone. no issues open world, no issues in dungeons.
  • i just feel cheated with this crappy server situation. Gonna cancel elite, no point in supporting a MMO company that can't provide decent servers. It's obvious that they're just cutting corners with [filtered] servers to address declining playerbase but that'll just backfire on them
  • digitrevxdigitrevx ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Lol introduce a new class and makes lag worse then before. This game has like maybe a year's life expectancy with this kinda strategy.

Tempest Reach
    Regular leveling with your new class, can't even pick up loot some times.
    Dungeons, specially RMHM, and specially last boss. Cuz you know you guys made that thing so wicked hard any lag at all is a death sentence.
    East Coast NC
    Any time of day even 4am.
    Yes everyone is talking about the lag. It's the most common topic in the game constantly.

2 things have saved this game from extinction. The Combat and Elins. Effectively one is fading. The combat. Because it's aggravating playing a real time combat game when your being screwed by lag.
  • I remember when i used to have 130~140ms in NA playing from SA, now i have 180~230 same ping as in EU. Soon our servers will be in the africa.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    The funniest thing is my ping didn't change much, maybe because I play past midnight pacific time lol. And I play all the way back in SEA with 230ms average (no spikes except for one hiccup)
  • msoltysplmsoltyspl ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Reduced lag? We're hoping things have improved thanks to the short maintenance.

Pressing restart will not automagically fix the problems.

Network to your public IPs is without issues. Behind/at them is what's failing - whether it's [filtered] BHS code, failing hardware somewhere, internal/datacenter infrastructure unable to cope with a very basic low load (considering how depopulated the game is compared to say 2015) or anything else.
  • Every day the same. Today started an hour ago hardly. Before was possible to do stuff, now my scythe works 1 time from 2. Half of my warrior skills doesn't give dmg. Ping grew from 200 to 500.

Wall of whine started.
    The worst part is that we all understand that nothing will really change soon. Yes we ll probably hear reaponse about their awareness in thus all or advise to check our device/internet. But this will not help. And even compensation will not because this feeling of boredom when you kick, wait, wait, kick, wait wait, ressurect makes feel only hatred to all this game. And at some point comes time when you want to shut it all and spit on all compensations. I wonder how another games solved their issues. Somehow they made a titanic huge progress. And the progress was visible for us, players.

Whine ended.
This discussion has been closed.