server lag?

Comments

• This and the increased difficulty make the dungeons unplayable...
  • metagame wrote: »
    that's not going to change the fact that it's a new update that everyone wants to get on for to try out

overworld leveling has little to no lag, just do that.

I want the title but i wouldnt mind waiting a day or 2 for people to calm down and then grind up to lvl 65. If there wasn't this stupid 24 hour limit on the title, i'd probably just log off right now and grind to 65 tomorrow or the day after. I'm guessing a lot of people experiencing lag would do the same, which would in turn make the game run smoother for the people who do want to stick around through all the lag.
  • Lag is horrible, unplayable even at openworld,constant delay/freezes.

Tempest Reach.
  • KossplossKossploss ✭✭✭
    im amazed they are doing nothing :^)
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    Could you give some details that might help us identify what's happening? This goes for everyone in this thread experiencing lag.

- Where are you playing from?
    - What server are you on?
    - Where were you in game when you experienced lag?
    - Did any of your party members or guildies mention lag at the exact same time as you?

- Midwest USA
    - Fey Forest
    - Dungeons, only been in BoL and Sinestral as trying to level any further is impossible with the lag
    - Yes, several parties ive joined have complained of lag, the last dungeon i went in resulted in us all quitting and leaving because we couldnt bear with the basically 1 fps we were getting
  • Azuzurill wrote: »
    we couldnt bear with the basically 1 fps we were getting
    Well... just to be more clear... this is a different type of lag entirely. Network lag is when skills have a long delay in executing (along with loot, certain menu commands, etc.). But if your framerate was bad, that's a totally separate issue, and isn't generally related to the servers at all.

• KaziesKazies ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    the lag is going outside of the dungeons now. took a break so i could lvl and not lag a boatload.. but doing bams, seeing retail before im even kd'd? then without the animation of being KD'd im on the ground? the increased difficulty of the dungeons doesnt help the fact you freeze almost every boss fight for 5 seconds (doesnt seem like alot but it is when you take dmg even when the game isnt moving at all) the "emergency maint" you did didnt help at all :/

edit: im in ireland while playing, lag never been like this. on the server of MT (as stated before). lag is so bad i spend 30 seconds to a minute trying to pick up a relic piece or feedstock
  • Every major patch always the same thing, servers aren't never up in the stated time and game lag is worse than a private server.
  • AetonaAetona ✭✭✭
    Kossploss wrote: »
    im amazed they are doing nothing :^)

Kossy Kossy~ :^)
  • Kazies wrote: »
    edit: im in ireland while playing, lag never been like this. on the server of MT (as stated before). lag is so bad i spend 30 seconds to a minute trying to pick up a relic piece or feedstock
    I've been playing on MT for the last few hours and it is lagging, but at least I can say for me it's not nearly that bad in the open world. Instances are more laggy, but again not to the point of being 30 seconds-1 minute -- at least here. So there may be multiple factors at play; hard to say.
  • PhaineinPhainein Missouri, USA ✭✭
    I had developed an issue where I stopped being able to zone into dungeons. I logged completely out and relaunched and found files the patcher wanted to patch?? After logging back in I queued and got into a dungeon and the lag was gone.
  • Yep...dropped down to 3 FPS here on CH....and its staying that way it seems specifically while in dungeons..im trying to solo Cultist's Refuge
  • it hasnt got better at all. leveling is next to impossible. in dungeons and outside of dungeons. 24 hours to get 65 with valk.. it wont really work if half the player base trying to do it are lagging and dying 50% of the run because of insane lag. @Spacecats any word on anything? the maint you guys did to "fix" it did nothing. its in dungeons and outside of them aswell now. help? extend the lvling time? something? any word at all so we arnt forever left in the dark?
  • Time to spam cancerous BGs
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    Could you give some details that might help us identify what's happening? This goes for everyone in this thread experiencing lag.

- Where are you playing from?
    - What server are you on?
    - Where were you in game when you experienced lag?
    - Did any of your party members or guildies mention lag at the exact same time as you?

- Bama
    - TR
    - Everywhere - Instances / open world / towns / cities.
    - Yeah (everyone in game), also everyone using g chat / c chat / s chat and discord

Cant even level in open world without massive lag (seemingly obvious server delay). Wtfast charts said I was gucci, tried without wtfast and there was no noticeable difference. Every game has lag issues on BIG patch days like this one, this seems excessive though.
This discussion has been closed.