Character direction skills

Comments

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    nhat wrote: »
    Where do you see that in options?

It isn't. It's only in the controller-specific options (that you get by hitting the back/[PS4 equivalent] button). If you don't play with one, you'll never see it.
  • Can confirm that either option locks skill usage to camera direction. Slayer is pretty much unplayable like this.
    Can confirm that either option locks skill usage to camera direction. Slayer is pretty much unplayable like this.

It's not impossible. Difficult, sure, but not impossible.
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    SageWindu wrote: »
    Can confirm that either option locks skill usage to camera direction. Slayer is pretty much unplayable like this.

It's not impossible. Difficult, sure, but not impossible.

Yeah, same with Valkyrie, but I'm quickly learning to deal.
  • I don't think "eh deal with it" is really an acceptable solution to a known issue. Sure you CAN do it, I can play the game with my feet if I want to. A feature was broken; it's unintuitive and clunky for someone that's played Slayer on controller since beta. A resolution or acknowledgment from a staff member would be appreciated. I'm not paying the same for less features, such as proper controls, that I actually use all the time, no matter what else has been added. For some people, this update made the game mechanically unfun and unplayable. What one person or another finds trivial or manageable is irrelevant to the issue.
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't say "deal with it"... nor did I say it's an acceptable change/mechanic either. In Kumas, the change is REALLY annoying, when you hit a skill and you automatically do it straight instead of character direction like you're supposed to be able to do

I have a slayer myself and honestly didn't find it hard, I just thought that's how it's supposed to work. Sure that air slash skill is rather annoying, but if they're not gonna fix it, then we have to cope

But hopefully Spacecats gets my memo...
  • "Not impossible; Have to cope;" I just can't personally accept something like that for a simple issue like this. We can agree, obvious bug right? Not an intended feature to remove the optiob, or rather, to have both options be the same, camera position option. I'm upset about it yes. My way of coping though is "not fun for me to play after this update? I'll come back when it is again."
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    Do what you gotta do man, no one's forcing you to play slayer/valk/uhmm there's actually a few classes that it does this u.u

Ninja doesn't do it xD Except for the 1k cuts move, which I wish they would make it worth with the direction the character is (I main ninja)

• Spinning Death appears to work on character direction, which is nice. From what I can tell, all other skills still follow camera exclusively.
  • "Not impossible; Have to cope;" I just can't personally accept something like that for a simple issue like this. We can agree, obvious bug right? Not an intended feature to remove the optiob, or rather, to have both options be the same, camera position option. I'm upset about it yes. My way of coping though is "not fun for me to play after this update? I'll come back when it is again."

^
    "Not impossible; Have to cope;" I just can't personally accept something like that for a simple issue like this. We can agree, obvious bug right? Not an intended feature to remove the optiob, or rather, to have both options be the same, camera position option. I'm upset about it yes. My way of coping though is "not fun for me to play after this update? I'll come back when it is again."

I too play on a pad (have been for 3 years) and I too main a slayer. I'm not saying you have to deal with it; if anything I'm saying your reaction is a tad bit overblown.

If it doesn't work for you, it doesn't work for you. All I'm saying is that while doing some things may be a challenge, it's not as game-breaking as you state.
  • I just hopped on my Priest and my skills are all camera direction. I like to heal at diagonals. This is a problem.

@Spacecats please, when you have a moment, this is something that really needs to be discussed because this obstructs my entire gameplay on my main character.
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    I remembered this morning that when I was leveling my archers and priests, I'd turn around and do the backstep to keep up in dgs. Now it seems it has changed from what people say...
    I just hopped on my Priest and my skills are all camera direction. I like to heal at diagonals. This is a problem.

@Spacecats please, when you have a moment, this is something that really needs to be discussed because this obstructs my entire gameplay on my main character.

As someone who uses a controller for the game, and also is a healer, it's very difficult if it's set to camera direction as I don't have my hand on the mouse to move the camera.

Luckily I don't main my healer, but I feel your pain
  • cheekibreekicheekibreeki ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Well for me, I like to be able to use Cleanse, Healing Circle, and Regen Circle in any direction without having to move the camera. The Backstep/Fiery Escape change is actually a welcomed one, but I was told by Spacecats that if you did not press a direction, it would still default to working the way it did before the update. This seems to be an unintended result of whatever changed in the update to accomodate the Backstep alteration.
  • I seem to be having the same problem, too. Glad it wasn't just me.