Character direction skills

Comments

• Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm STARTING to get the hang on pressing the right thumbstick to redirection myself, STARTING to. I feel it would be far more easier for me to do than try to learn mouse/keyboard.
  • other thing that u can do is make the camera speed the fastest~ works better for me but still hard 2 block
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    Vithroil wrote: »
    other thing that u can do is make the camera speed the fastest~ works better for me but still hard 2 block

I've tried that, but it's too fast for me XD Like, when I go look around, my thumb can't move it slowly, it's like a very dramatic turn, which really sucks
  • TheDarkWanTheDarkWan ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    I'm at max, still can't pvp at all. Missing all my attacks even in dungeons I look like i'm blind. The question is why? what was the problem with it and why remove it? without it controller players are at a severe dis-advantage and can't play well. Some classes like gunner and archer and sorce are fine while the rest are a lost cause.
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    My theory is they removed it 'cause BHS only cares about non-na and I heard they don't have many gameppad users

IT'S MUTANY! I DEMAND A REFUND!

Oh wait, it's f2p

I STILL DEMAND A REFUND

Hopefully we'll hear a list of classes/skills that will be reverted soon
  • TheDarkWanTheDarkWan ✭✭✭
    no one understands why? the only thing I can think of is that they want to drive controller players to apply for console version of tera to get that feature back, but it is too soon for that. the console version is not out for another 6 month.
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd think they WOULDN'T take it away ESPECIALLY if it's getting a console release. It's a pathetic move.
  • A small necro on this thread as we got confirmation that SOME skills were coming and we're get a list from @Halrath unpon confirmation. If not in this thread please post them to patch notes.
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    @DYLW5HFXJH http://tera.enmasse.com/news-page/patch-notes/patch-560302en1

The list is here in the notes, on the bottom

I'm VERY excited for this news! Looks like they reversed a lot of them :D

I really wish they reversed the priest circles instead of still centering, but at least we get the blocks back! :)
  • Halrath wrote: »
    I’m sorry it took so long to research this issue. Here’s what we found.

Removing the ability to set skills to camera-facing or character-facing is not a bug. BHS intentionally made the change in v54, but didn’t communicate that with us. They also removed the UI elements in v55, also by design. We have expressed your concerns about this matter and emphasized that loss of functionality was a real problem for our controller-using playerbase.

BHS explained that starting in the next build version (v56), some skills will be camera-facing and others character-facing, but we will not be able to configure them. We will publish a list of these skills when we launch v56.

This is extremely frustrating. As someone who has played this game with a controller since launch, this has ruined the game for me. I understand that this was a design choice made by BHS, but it is frustrating none the less. Playing as a Warrior and using a controller, the ability to pull off the majority of your skills in any direction was a big part of the experience. I hope the devs are smart enough to implement the full use of this feature in the console version of Tera. Being able to use ALL of your skills in any direction is ideal for controller play.
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    Lyve1 wrote: »
    Halrath wrote: »
    I’m sorry it took so long to research this issue. Here’s what we found.

Removing the ability to set skills to camera-facing or character-facing is not a bug. BHS intentionally made the change in v54, but didn’t communicate that with us. They also removed the UI elements in v55, also by design. We have expressed your concerns about this matter and emphasized that loss of functionality was a real problem for our controller-using playerbase.

BHS explained that starting in the next build version (v56), some skills will be camera-facing and others character-facing, but we will not be able to configure them. We will publish a list of these skills when we launch v56.

This is extremely frustrating. As someone who has played this game with a controller since launch, this has ruined the game for me. I understand that this was a design choice made by BHS, but it is frustrating none the less. Playing as a Warrior and using a controller, the ability to pull off the majority of your skills in any direction was a big part of the experience. I hope the devs are smart enough to implement the full use of this feature in the console version of Tera. Being able to use ALL of your skills in any direction is ideal for controller play.

Have you tried playing since patch yesterday? Many of them is fixed :)
  • Please god no.... I can only picture range classes on controller....... Shoots in front of chacater no aiming and tirple nenis on controller ......... q.q
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Lol, ranged classes have always been the same on controller, they didn't change them. Just 'cause some people can't imagine playing them on controller, doesn't mean other people have a hard time with it. I'm just fine with it (Though the healing circles is annoying)
    VGPlayer wrote: »
    Please god no.... I can only picture range classes on controller....... Shoots in front of chacater no aiming and tirple nenis on controller ......... q.q

• Tenshi1 wrote: »

No, they aren't fixed at all, prior to patch you could be standing still without any movement input and your skill would go in the direction you were facing... now you have to have an input in while using a skill to get it to go in your character's direction vice the camera's.
    This is crippling in a situation where you don't want to move in the direction of a skill that has 2 animations. For example: "smite" for reaper has 2 different animations where you can either stay put (no directional input) and use that hit box (3ish meters behind you and 5ish in front), or move a few meters forward (any directional input) and have a different hit box (from 4-12ish meters in front of you)... that's the difference between catching someone right behind you with a stun or just missing a stun and now moving a few meters for nothing and possibly at a disadvantage where you have to close distance to get a stagger(pendulum strike) off or some such.
    To call the issue fixed when such a problem still exist is wrong.

P.S. Other skills this applies to are Grim Strike and Sundering Strike; both of which have 2 different animations based on movement inputs.
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    Edomdrah wrote: »
    Tenshi1 wrote: »

No, they aren't fixed at all, prior to patch you could be standing still without any movement input and your skill would go in the direction you were facing... now you have to have an input in while using a skill to get it to go in your character's direction vice the camera's.
    This is crippling in a situation where you don't want to move in the direction of a skill that has 2 animations. For example: "smite" for reaper has 2 different animations where you can either stay put (no directional input) and use that hit box (3ish meters behind you and 5ish in front), or move a few meters forward (any directional input) and have a different hit box (from 4-12ish meters in front of you)... that's the difference between catching someone right behind you with a stun or just missing a stun and now moving a few meters for nothing and possibly at a disadvantage where you have to close distance to get a stagger(pendulum strike) off or some such.
    To call the issue fixed when such a problem still exist is wrong.

P.S. Other skills this applies to are Grim Strike and Sundering Strike; both of which have 2 different animations based on movement inputs.

I don't know what you're talking about then, because the skills like lancer's shield barrage, that they made go camera direction for a while, has now returned to character direction

And tanks' blocking can now be used in the direction the character is facing, instead of camera facing, which was one of the most annoying things ever if you're a tank. I wouldn't even play lancer 'cause of the blocking and the shield barrage(Which is my fave skill)

It's true I haven't been on reaper since the patch, but I don't like them as much as the other classes.