[TERA PC] With anniversary concluded and our servers stabilized, we are re-enabling the Adventure Coin system, starting 10 a.m. PT on June 5 (Fri) with the scheduled Weekend Dungeon Highlight. Thank you for understanding.
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

LOTS of qustions after coming back and settling in...

Ok, so I've been back to TERA for a few weeks now. I'm settled on classes and have moved through Slaughter and into Guile. Now I have a bunch of questions on general endgame goals. This is a very long list, so feel free to answer anything you can and ignore the rest. Thank you all so much for your help!

1) Is the item budget normalized across all items, or are some stats more budget-efficient in certain slots? For example, comparing belts and jewelry, it looks like the item budget for crit relative to power is 2:1. But the same stats on zyrks are 3:2, so doesn't that make power zyrks more efficient?

2) What's the best/most efficient way to get the dyad structures?

3) There are a lot of currencies with overlapping items (jewelry, glyphs, gear, etc) in the token shops. This also applies to rep and solo dungeon challenge points. I like that there are many progression paths, but TERA has a lot of n00b traps. Is there a fail-safe way to spend these currencies or trap items that should always be avoided?

4) Is the dps meter allowed by EME? If other people have access to that information, I'd like to see it for myself to know when I need to improve, and defend myself/others if they are being attacked unfairly.

5) What jewelry stats are useful for dps and healers? Is there a resource that lists possible stats and roll ranges?

6) For dps, when is it worth breaking crit jewelry set bonuses for ilvl upgrades or perfect rolls? Seems like a 3-set and a 2-set wouldn't be a huge loss, but I don't know how to tell. Even if it's a loss, is it worth doing to hit an ilvl breakpoint for dungeon finder (for either dps or healer)?

7) Dungeon finder ilvl minimums used to be set unreasonably low. Is that still the case, or should I feel comfortable queuing up if I meet the requirement? (Subject to some common sense, like ilvl coming from wep/gloves rather than chest/boots on a dps)

8) In addition to Tree-glade solo dungeon, what sort of things should I be doing daily? I'm moving from Slaughter to Guile right now, so pretty much all I'm doing is queuing dungeons and clearing some IoD vanguard quests in the meantime.

9) Do I need to level my gathering or crafting professions to make Imperator?

10) What is etching, is it important, and how do I go about it?

11) What should I do with soulbound gear that can't be dismantled? Seems to be a lot of that, and I've been vendoring it.

12) How do you farm feedstock? Gear drops don't dismantle for the most part, and a dungeon run gets me like...maybe 20?

13) When enchanting, is auto-enchant the most efficient use of feedstock?

14) With the broker cost of extensive and premium alk being only 2-5g more than the vendor price of tier 10/11 alk, does the enchantment correction and higher success rate make it more efficient to use the better alk from 1-12?

15) MW rates with Master scrolls seems pretty garbo. Should I always try to MW with Blessed scrolls and just use the Master scrolls to reroll stats?

16) I'm totally confused about what happened with Noctenium Infusions. It seems like they're still craftable, but where do you get the mats now? Should I use the Infusion consumable toggle or combine them into the timed buff item?

17) What is the Velika battle, when does it happen, and how do I participate?

18) Is there an Imperator guide anywhere that lists the mats and where to farm them? Do I need to be doing pvp or grinding any reps like we did with VM and NF?

19) Is it worth awakening non-Imperator items? What is the awakening item priority for healers?

Thanks again!

Comments

• KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Well, I mean, you're supposed to aim for +4/+4 on jewellery anyway (earrings and rings), so your 'budget' doesn't apply. As for the green crystals, the only class where you'd want to use the power ones is the Valkyrie, and even then, it's kind 50:50.

2. I get mine from crystal boxes, which drop from a number of dungeons (or can be bought from the broker, if you have the gold).

3. check this http://www.essentialmana.com/character-progression/#gear65

4. It is not officially allowed. You can use one (they can't stop you), but don't bother others with it and don't come crying that something broke in the game from using it.

5. Essential mana has guides for every class, and they usually include rolls (both gear and jewellery), crystals, everything needed, check it out (see #3)

6. See #3 and #5.

7. if you meet the requirements, well, try it. Only you can tell if you feel like you can do it or not.

8. IoD BAMs, Ace Dungeons and whatever dungeon you can, really. After that, it's up to what you want to do in the game.

9. I don't know about Imperator, but Ambush requires 0 in crafting (we'll be getting a new tier of gear pretty soon, and Imperator will be pretty much obsolete then).

10. Etching are bonuses you can give your gear. It's important to get more stats, and many LFG and Raids require them. You can get tier 2 permanent etchings from the Ace dungeon shop or the broker. Tier 3 needs to be crafted or bought via broker, and tier 4 currently only drops from HH.

11. If you mean Slaughter or Guile, if you have an alt that uses the same type of gear, they can be used for gear enchanting. If not, just sell it.

12. From vanguard requests. Each should give 30-40 (or more), depending on difficulty. It's faster to farm if you have alts. There's also the enchanting Bonanzabox from PvP shop. nd of course, buying it from the broker or trading for it.

13. I'm told no, but I always use auto enchant anyway because I dislike having to click too many times.

14. Yes, use masterwork alkahest only for awakening and going 13-15.

15. Never use Blessed just for rerolling lines.

16. I don't think you can still craft them.

17. No idea.

18. See #3, scroll down to Imp and click on the link.

19. You can only awaken VM gear (so, Imp or Ambush, not Guile or Slaughter) anyway.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Well, I mean, you're supposed to aim for +4/+4 on jewellery anyway (earrings and rings), so your 'budget' doesn't apply. As for the green crystals, the only class where you'd want to use the power ones is the Valkyrie, and even then, it's kind 50:50.
    Valkyrie, Warrior and some Gunners use Power Vrysks. Valkyrie crits ~100% on their main dps with 0 crit outside of the rolls on accessory and gloves. Warrior has high crit on BD and 100% on Scythe with a power setup too.

Ryvenn wrote: »
    5) What jewelry stats are useful for dps and healers? Is there a resource that lists possible stats and roll ranges?
    Rings: Healing, Endurance or Crit
    Earrings: Healing, HP, or Endurance
    Necklace: Endurance or Crit
    6) For dps, when is it worth breaking crit jewelry set bonuses for ilvl upgrades or perfect rolls? Seems like a 3-set and a 2-set wouldn't be a huge loss, but I don't know how to tell. Even if it's a loss, is it worth doing to hit an ilvl breakpoint for dungeon finder (for either dps or healer)?
    Just always use 3 and 2 pieces. The item level from jewelry is extremely minor unless it's multiple generation gap.
    19) Is it worth awakening non-Imperator items? What is the awakening item priority for healers?
    As said above only VM gear can be awaken and typically first would be their Weapon/Chest for the additional healing and defense.