[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance on 9/23 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Oblivion Wood Bulwark camp! Sphere that killing low level

13»

Comments

• aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    While Spacecats is obviously making a mistake of forgetting to remove them [filtered] and spawning at the wrong spot of all things (I saw them on FF and I was like, pls don't tell me there is that dragon here), why is the community intentionally sabotaging by sending the archers to the [filtered]? Why is no one in global actually trying to stop the newbies from accidentally killing the [filtered]?

Anything spawned can and should also be destroyed, otherwise it is a bug. Especially since the ball itself is considered as a monster.

If spacecats has no knowledge about the thing, it doesn't mean you can't educate the newbies if you know it.

This is also the main reason why the game has such a small end-game community, no one to actually teach and guide them other than themselves and probably the rare guilds.
  • NikuroTega wrote: »

Whoa, no way! All the way to VM8.5? Bravo! Too bad the grind didn't make you a bit more thick-skinned.

I mean, choosing a different, more populated server, and getting to level 12 seems like an easy solution to me if I was a newbie lowbie. But that's just me. :anguished:

Yep, that's just you. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    i don't know anything about programing or too much about computers , and im asking this in all seriousness and not trying to be a a-hole, but if you can put something in the game, cant you just reverse what you did and take it out of the game? or did someone else put the orbs of death in there and they are gone for the weekend and wont be back until Tuesday and so we have to wait until then cause of that?
    as far as the comment that nikuro said about if people leave because of that and good riddance to them, that's not a very nice thing to say about people leaving a game that is already losing players left and right. we need to try to keep the ones we have like it is, and bring in new ones and be nice to them. i could understand if this was a solo game, but my understanding is its geared to be played together, and people sometimes forget that you need to play nice with others to keep them playing.
  • edited April 2017
    You can not expect the same tolerance from new players as a veteran player. A new player downloads the game and tests it for few hours, judging every thing. If anything is disturbing he simply quite and goes on. A veteran player has much stronger bonds to the game, so he would have higher tolerance towards bugs and will try to overcome them. I dont get why ppl cant have that much insight towards others.
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    How is anyone surprised by this?

SC is a newbie to Tera who was given a stream and god mode in a game he knows nothing about! Quite honestly amazed he hasn't been removed.

These small but reoccurring issues is what is making NA Tera fail.

On another note. I had stopped watching the Tera stream a long time ago. I now grab the codes from others. This game is marketed as a combat mmo yet our CM publicly advertises it as a E/RP simulator on CH.

Oh how far our great Tera has fallen. Tonka we miss you dearly.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waoh, you people are just using this to attack Spacecats, When Tonka and Treeshark were in charge the great decline started, I left when Tonka was in charge, mostly because you couldn't criticize what was happening, not in game, not in forums. Don't act like it was all shinny and stuff.

Spacecats did good, Noesis did good. Shets happens, they should have known better, they better learn from this. EME team is short-handed, they are busy, can't effort playing like we do. Can't you see back to back stuff they bring to us? Tonka/Treeshark we were so far behind Ktera that half of the year we had nothing to do. You people cried and cried a lot for little things, making things look bad on every thing Spacecats or EME does and it is stupid. If cryings were less, in this case a constructive thread at the 1st day from FF players could end this. But, if something gets nasty it is also community's fault too. Some of you been unfair, Specially you @Nootiful you are just pushing it. Spacecats is doing fine, he needs to stay here, he is learning from his mistakes and showed this many times. I like his ideas and sense of creativity and humor. Those spheres could be better placed and pursue a higher humorous goal.

Anyway, some of you get off of your high horse. Current EME showed they like to hear constructive criticizes. But you barely see that, @Koikoi comment is unreal as heck, it is just an example how far community has fallen actually. CH I know was way better than what it is now, NA Tera was considered one of the best MMO community, new players could easily find runs, get guides, get carried for gears. Now a lotta ppl give false information, or rude replies to new player's questions. +15 requirement for easiest dungeons happening now, a lotta excuses to be toxic towards casual players, So don't point your finger at CM, We, the community failed harder to deliver a better Tera, I am sorry but current community has been crying non-stop the past year. So how about we, the community, change our attitudes towards a better Tera, then expect more from EME.

About this incident: FF needs compensation, needs double XP event, if we are getting it later for everyone, let FF start sooner, or send them XP scrolls and Gems on reaching Target levels. Make a news, send it emails, let players know, EME cares when shet happens.

@Spacecats, Thanks for the stuff you did so far, keep it up, we like you buddy.
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    @LesbianVi
    I wasn't pointing any fingers at CH. Rpers can have all the fun they want on their server. Read again it was a remark to how the stream makes the game into a RP simulator. dress up game. I guess they've just given up marketing this game as a combat mmo and have decided whatever is left to salvage is playing Barbie afk in HW.
  • edited April 2017
    It's gone. Sorry for the inconvenience, FF players. The sphere was spawned quite a ways away from the camp, but it looks like someone figured out how to move it to troll people spawning at Bulwark. I just took this screenshot before removing it, and it looks like someone else already came in and pushed it back away from the camp. In any case now that it's clear the thing can be moved it's safe to say this game object won't be used again in this way.

amNfEnZ.jpg
  • edited April 2017
    On top of removing the spheres from FF, I want to sincerely apologize for the fact that there was an unkillable death orb there in the first place. I knew it was deadly, but not that it could move. If I'd suspected that it could somehow move or be moved into the camp, I wouldn't have spawned it in the area at all. I unknowingly created a recipe for repeated newbie deaths and I hope it didn't affect too many people before the spheres were removed.

I've deleted quite a bit of content from this thread because of the spreading of misinformation that led to accusations, off-topic comments, finger-pointing, bickering, and a general misunderstanding of what was even happening or what server it was on. The thread devolved into toxic discussion and the airing of several unrelated grievances about the game, the weekly Twitch stream, my role as CM, and several other topics.

Here are a couple things I want to clarify real quick:
    • I mentioned the things I spawned during the Friday Twitch stream and said they would be gone after Tuesday maintenance. This was referring to all the objects spawned, and the Twitch stream took place before there were any problems with the rogue death orb.
    • Different servers had different things spawned on them. Fey Forest got weird Timescape orbs, stone pillars, and a sign that read "blood for the RNG gods" or something like that. These were spawned just for fun. None of the things spawned were meant to affect gameplay in any way other than being an interesting thing for players to look at (and in Fey Forest's case, a potential one-time sacrifice to the RNG gods in return for future good luck, easily avoided by not walking back up to the motionless orb).
    • Some objects in TERA can be spawned and not despawned. In almost every case, the unkillable objects are cosmetic and harmless. The orb CAN be removed and has been removed.

It's no secret that I enjoy spawning things on servers and participating with players as a GM, and despite the issues with the rogue death orb I plan to continue spawning things on servers because I believe it's better to risk an occasional mistake or accident than to become stagnant in my mission to make TERA a fun and interesting place to spend time in.

Doing things like this, being experimental, and being playful is in my nature. Thankfully it has also led to some pretty cool (well... at least I think so) in-game events and community activities since I started at En Masse over a year ago. Sometimes I or other players joke that I just enjoy seeing players die out of pure sadism, but my honest intention is to generate fun game experiences while interacting with the community. As a result of spawning BAMs and other things, players almost always die. While 99% of the time they die fully understanding that TERA is a game where monsters and deadly objects kill players, every once in a while an unfortunate bystander is caught in the crossfire. Again, I'm sorry if anyone's day was ruined while trying to level up their character on FF. If you're one of the people affected please message me here on the forums, describe your experience with the death orb and make sure you provide your character name.
  • TriggTrigg ✭✭
    Thank you for addressing this and removing it before maintenance. I guess you ended up pretty unlucky, the original idea behind this was pretty cool. Hopefully be more careful next time, especially if it is intended to last over the weekend.
    @Spacecats Stay weird and active buddy, we like you for it.

Hugs

giphy.gif

• How @LesbianVi can be so "Apple Polisher"? Disgusting...
    Niklauz wrote: »
    How @LesbianVi can be so "Apple Polisher"? Disgusting...

I don't cry much, that's how. I see those positive things that happens too and I am famous for criticizing the game. But when ppl BS and lie and cry for stupid reasons as someone which likes the game I step in.

You hate this game so much, leave it. I didn't like where it was headed after Gunner release, and I was getting notices and threads about game condition was removed many times, It was by the people some people here claimed that were way better than current this. I said, the population will decline so hard, they laughed since gunner was a successful release, I left the game at that time, many left, because game was plain and dry, the decline was so heavy that those server merges happen and that team went home. So, yeah in the end, I like this team and what they do, even with lack of content on some points, they kept the fun for us.

So I rather to be Apple Polisher rather than being a spoiled brat.
  • Spacecats wrote: »

It's no secret that I enjoy spawning things on servers and participating with players as a GM, and despite the issues with the rogue death orb I plan to continue spawning things on servers because I believe it's better to risk an occasional mistake or accident than to become stagnant in my mission to make TERA a fun and interesting place to spend time in.

Doing things like this, being experimental, and being playful is in my nature. Thankfully it has also led to some pretty cool (well... at least I think so) in-game events and community activities since I started at En Masse over a year ago. Sometimes I or other players joke that I just enjoy seeing players die out of pure sadism, but my honest intention is to generate fun game experiences while interacting with the community. As a result of spawning BAMs and other things, players almost always die. While 99% of the time they die fully understanding that TERA is a game where monsters and deadly objects kill players, every once in a while an unfortunate bystander is caught in the crossfire. Again, I'm sorry if anyone's day was ruined while trying to level up their character on FF. If you're one of the people affected please message me here on the forums, describe your experience with the death orb and make sure you provide your character name.

As always those things are in good fun and when you are around on any of the servers, just hanging out with the community and start to instill fear into our hearts, by summoning things and getting us killed or entertaining yourself and us in the process, it's all in good fun and I like that in MMOs. Sure, I complain a lot too, but I do appreciate the responsiveness EME has shown of late and they continue to learn and improve on past mistakes or uneventful happenings. @Spacecats keep doing what you do and here's an idea: Velika Event Arena, do something with it during the next stream maybe? :awesome:

• MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    you know why players come back to this game it's because of the combat system and mechs no other MMO I've seen has a combat like tera has. I love this game but it needs help too many problems but its like we all love problem cause we still taking it in eating tera like spoilt soup sipping up all the problems like a baby being fed and a baby will eat anything.