[TERA PC & CONSOLE] One week left in Summerfest, Part 1: Festival of the Sun! Part 2: The Beach Bash kicks off August 11. Participate in Summerfest activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

valkyrie duels bm skill?

any valkyrie duels bm skill that shouldnt be used during duels?

Comments

• ragnarok and balder's tears, that's just my opinion though. i've seen almost every Valkyrie using balder's tears in duels anyways. usually skills with a cooldown 1 minute or more would be considered bm, ragnarok being a steroid would also be considered bm.
  • Fully agree with Balder's tears and Ragnarok. Tears due to it being over a minute and healing you if glyphed seems a bit much for a duel. And Ragnarok is in the same category as ICB, Deadly Gamble and Shadow reaping, which again is kind of a bit much for friendly duels.

And I'm not sure why the previous guy ranted about bm skills. The skills are typically frowned upon because they typically bring a duel to a point where you are cheesing the other player or just 1 combining them. And why ruin the aspect of a friendly duel like that? No reason to cheese everyone into the ground, no fun in that.
  • Valkyries need all their skills to be effective cuz weak class need buffs just use everything when people [filtered] its because you outskilled them and they're trash.
  • N7RTFDR5H3 wrote: »
    There's nothing BM about PvP. It's just a made up set of rules from players who feel the need to restrict strategy because they're losing or don't want to lose. The problem is, if it's BM to use certain skills because it gives "advantage" then it should be BM for any players to duel anyone who has lower gears or worst rolls than you. These sort of restrictions as "BM" is literally a bunch of legalistic players who wants to put restraint on certain aspect of the game because they want "advantage."

My comment to you OP is to use whatever skills you like in a duel. 10 out of 10, that person will cry/get salty regardless if you use those skills or not. As soon as that player loses too many times, his ego will come out and start accusing you for whatever reason possible. Unless of course you spam Warrior in a 1v1 duel, then you're already considered BM in the books.

To sum it up simply, just have fun. Use whatever skills you like or want. At the end of the day, you're playing Tera to have fun. Not to be legalistic with all these nonsensical hypocritical rules set by the minds of men. It's BM everywhere, might as well BM with Ragnarok because that skill is fun as heck. Even did a 1v2 duel, Valk vs. Lancer/Healer and still won.

you're bad
  • edited April 2017
    Against a Valk, Gunner, Ninja, Reaper, Brawler I pop everything. Against old classes I play fair.
  • LuniackLuniack Velika Outskirts ✭✭✭
    that class need nerf quick, just do a lot damage with bs and stun every time, in my opinionário is easy class for no skilled people can play.
  • kknaexkknaex ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    N7RTFDR5H3 wrote: »
    There's nothing BM about PvP. It's just a made up set of rules from players who feel the need to restrict strategy because they're losing or don't want to lose. The problem is, if it's BM to use certain skills because it gives "advantage" then it should be BM for any players to duel anyone who has lower gears or worst rolls than you. These sort of restrictions as "BM" is literally a bunch of legalistic players who wants to put restraint on certain aspect of the game because they want "advantage."

My comment to you OP is to use whatever skills you like in a duel. 10 out of 10, that person will cry/get salty regardless if you use those skills or not. As soon as that player loses too many times, his ego will come out and start accusing you for whatever reason possible. Unless of course you spam Warrior in a 1v1 duel, then you're already considered BM in the books.

To sum it up simply, just have fun. Use whatever skills you like or want. At the end of the day, you're playing Tera to have fun. Not to be legalistic with all these nonsensical hypocritical rules set by the minds of men. It's BM everywhere, might as well BM with Ragnarok because that skill is fun as heck. Even did a 1v2 duel, Valk vs. Lancer/Healer and still won.

In a duel restriction is necessary, in PK and group PVP no restriction. The game is not balanced on the level of only 1v1 scenario and when alot ppl agree on certain rules, it has a reason. Also each class may have skills considered bm so it is fair for both participants. And not all ppl who wants restrictions are skilless and just want advantages, the game itself has flaws and why u think ppl should not set their own rules if Blue Hole cant? I really think u dont get what duel is, all u talk about is PK for the kill. In that case why dont u pop cleanse brooch, use potion or pick up random mystics' motes.
  • MiskuChanMiskuChan ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    kknaex wrote: »
    In a duel restriction is necessary, in PK and group PVP no restriction. The game is not balanced on the level of only 1v1 scenario and when alot ppl agree on certain rules, it has a reason. Also each class may have skills considered bm so it is fair for both participants. And not all ppl who wants restrictions are skilless and just want advantages, the game itself has flaws and why u think ppl should not set their own rules if Blue Hole cant? I really think u dont get what duel is, all u talk about is PK for the kill. In that case why dont u pop cleanse brooch, use potion or pick up random mystics' motes.

He's not asking for advantages, he's saying he will use the skills the game gives him. That's not wanting advantages it's literally playing his class without any other advantage. However you literally want to disadvantage him, so you're the only one who's asking for advantages in duels.

Not using your skills to win doesn't sound skillful it sounds like a stupid way to lose.

And since we're making up arbitrary rules, from now on I don't want warriors to use backstab against me and I will declare them unskilled if they do. And if any sorc uses warp barrier to avoid my stuns they're also unskilled people who just want advantages to win.

In fact what class do you play? Lets have a duel and I'll ban 4 - 5 of your skills from the fight because they'll give you an unfair advantage.
  • > @MiskuChan said:
    > kknaex wrote: »
    >
    > In a duel restriction is necessary, in PK and group PVP no restriction. The game is not balanced on the level of only 1v1 scenario and when alot ppl agree on certain rules, it has a reason. Also each class may have skills considered bm so it is fair for both participants. And not all ppl who wants restrictions are skilless and just want advantages, the game itself has flaws and why u think ppl should not set their own rules if Blue Hole cant? I really think u dont get what duel is, all u talk about is PK for the kill. In that case why dont u pop cleanse brooch, use potion or pick up random mystics' motes.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > He's not asking for advantages, he's saying he will use the skills the game gives him. That's not wanting advantages it's literally playing his class without any other advantage. However you literally want to disadvantage him, so you're the only one who's asking for advantages in duels.
    >
    > Not using your skills to win doesn't sound skillful it sounds like a stupid way to lose.
    >
    > And since we're making up arbitrary rules, from now on I don't want warriors to use backstab against me and I will declare them unskilled if they do. And if any sorc uses warp barrier to avoid my stuns they're also unskilled people who just want advantages to win.
    >
    > In fact what class do you play? Lets have a duel and I'll ban 4 - 5 of your skills from the fight because they'll give you an unfair advantage.

Your missing the point. Some skills make duels completely pointless because of how much dmg or speed they give, or heal (which is jsut at stupid). Skills like DG or second wind are, imo, just pointless to do because they drain the fun out of a duel. They have these set of rules to make sure we both parties can have fun and have some sort of balance, since most bm skills are temp buffs or w/e. Or would you rather someone pop DG then backstab/one
    Combo you
  • MiskuChanMiskuChan ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Your missing the point. Some skills make duels completely pointless because of how much dmg or speed they give, or heal (which is jsut at stupid). Skills like DG or second wind are, imo, just pointless to do because they drain the fun out of a duel. They have these set of rules to make sure we both parties can have fun and have some sort of balance, since most bm skills are temp buffs or w/e. Or would you rather someone pop DG then backstab/one
    Combo you

The entire game isn't balanced, but do you ask that lancers don't use giga when your team doesn't have one in fraywind? Or do you ask that priests don't use kaias shield or buff the enemy team because you don't have one?

Didn't think so.

People you duel don't know you or care about you, so you should be able to understand when they don't want to make allowances for you, or play by your made up rules.
  • MiskuChan wrote: »
    Combo you

The entire game isn't balanced, but do you ask that lancers don't use giga when your team doesn't have one in fraywind? Or do you ask that priests don't use kaias shield or buff the enemy team because you don't have one?

Didn't think so.

People you duel don't know you or care about you, so you should be able to understand when they don't want to make allowances for you, or play by your made up rules.

Every community has their own made up rules, imo, even games like Mortal kombat. Besides, the large majority of players actually accpet these rules and play by them, it's nothing new. They're not limiting you "too" much