[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance on 9/23 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

In this thread we pay our respects to Elleon and Jelena

... because according to the latest Twitch stream, when asked about these two characters' whereabouts, the reply was that they are apparently never coming back because the development team thought they were boring or something. Particularily Elleon since he was not fortunate enough to at least be a sexy femstanic I guess.

I just think it's sad to see classic Tera characters such as Elleon and Jelena be treated with such nonchalance. Especially since Jelena is essentially THE POSTER GIRL FOR THE GAME (it's her portrait that is firmly planted in the middle, most attention-grabbing spot of the cover of my physical copy of Tera, and if you google Tera you find tons of official pictures/posters featuring a femstanic that look exactly like her!), and Elleon has been so heavily involved in the game's story (especially pre-Stepstone Isle tutorial) that it would just a be an insult to try and sweep them both under the rug like the game has done ever since that one lvl 58 quest.

Yeah I know, "lol story consistence in a free mmorpg lololol", but still.
«134

Comments

  • Endumen wrote: »
    ... because according to the latest Twitch stream, when asked about these two characters' whereabouts, the reply was that they are apparently never coming back because the development team thought they were boring or something. Particularily Elleon since he was not fortunate enough to at least be a sexy femstanic I guess.

    I just think it's sad to see classic Tera characters such as Elleon and Jelena be treated with such nonchalance. Especially since Jelena is essentially THE POSTER GIRL FOR THE GAME (it's her portrait that is firmly planted in the middle, most attention-grabbing spot of the cover of my physical copy of Tera, and if you google Tera you find tons of official pictures/posters featuring a femstanic that look exactly like her!), and Elleon has been so heavily involved in the game's story (especially pre-Stepstone Isle tutorial) that it would just a be an insult to try and sweep them both under the rug like the game has done ever since that one lvl 58 quest.

    Yeah I know, "lol story consistence in a free mmorpg lololol", but still.

    Hell, I have her poster at home.
  • GrievuuzGrievuuz ✭✭✭
    Halrath wrote: »
    Endumen wrote: »
    ... because according to the latest Twitch stream, when asked about these two characters' whereabouts, the reply was that they are apparently never coming back because the development team thought they were boring or something. Particularily Elleon since he was not fortunate enough to at least be a sexy femstanic I guess.

    I just think it's sad to see classic Tera characters such as Elleon and Jelena be treated with such nonchalance. Especially since Jelena is essentially THE POSTER GIRL FOR THE GAME (it's her portrait that is firmly planted in the middle, most attention-grabbing spot of the cover of my physical copy of Tera, and if you google Tera you find tons of official pictures/posters featuring a femstanic that look exactly like her!), and Elleon has been so heavily involved in the game's story (especially pre-Stepstone Isle tutorial) that it would just a be an insult to try and sweep them both under the rug like the game has done ever since that one lvl 58 quest.

    Yeah I know, "lol story consistence in a free mmorpg lololol", but still.

    [filtered], I have her poster at home.

    I'm a bit late to the party, so I don't even know who she is ;o

    Regardless.

    giphy.gif
  • They'll never truly be forgotten. Both of them were important in my opinion. o:)
  • AimoveraAimovera ✭✭✭
    I'm kind of sad they never continued their story-line, I was always curious as to what happened to them. They're just leaving a lot of plots blank, which I think is a tad disappointing, I mean... those 2 were like the most important characters and their story just ends in such an abrupt, weird way. Meh....
  • neoakneoak ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Halrath wrote: »
    Endumen wrote: »
    ... because according to the latest Twitch stream, when asked about these two characters' whereabouts, the reply was that they are apparently never coming back because the development team thought they were boring or something. Particularily Elleon since he was not fortunate enough to at least be a sexy femstanic I guess.

    I just think it's sad to see classic Tera characters such as Elleon and Jelena be treated with such nonchalance. Especially since Jelena is essentially THE POSTER GIRL FOR THE GAME (it's her portrait that is firmly planted in the middle, most attention-grabbing spot of the cover of my physical copy of Tera, and if you google Tera you find tons of official pictures/posters featuring a femstanic that look exactly like her!), and Elleon has been so heavily involved in the game's story (especially pre-Stepstone Isle tutorial) that it would just a be an insult to try and sweep them both under the rug like the game has done ever since that one lvl 58 quest.

    Yeah I know, "lol story consistence in a free mmorpg lololol", but still.

    [filtered], I have her poster at home.

    Halrath, can you answer the most important question in all of TERA: Where in the world is Seravy the Unicorn?

    Can I get the item to catch him again? :sunglasses:




    On a serious note, This is because the game launched in Korea back in 2011 originally with lv 50 cap, so it was around the Saleron storyline. They introduced 52, 54, 56, and 58 caps to advance the Thulsa storyline and introduce what would be the next enemy: The Argons.

    It's more due to the NCSoft lawsuit, original staff leaving around the time Queen was introduced as the end of the Argon storyline. The new BHS staff decided to nuke everything lore-wise and started the F2P transition. Baldera was ready, it had NPCs and what not and seemed to point to a continuation of the story of the consequences of Balder's death after Balder's Temple (the actual story quest for BT is gone now, plus side quests with lore about the temple are gone too).

    Just Gone. Instead, F2P and alliance was introduced as a stopover, removed Vanarchy, while putting up things that seemed to be related to old lore but were really new (Wonderholme for example).

    Then they finally decided to push forward with new lore for the new 65 area. Replaced Baldera as the supposed home of the Baraka race with Highwatch, and the rest is history.

    A lot of lore has been lost. The original IoD expedition, all the original lv 11 to 20 area was pretty much reduced to maybe 5% of what it was in terms of what you had to do, and there are plot holes up the [filtered] due to side quests removed in pretty much every area. A quick list of things missing would be:

    IoD with Elleon's brother and his camp (removed when they "simplified" IoD the first time)
    The gettting the mount quest outside Velika, as well as the replacement quest
    Seravy (srsly)
    Velik (she just drops off the face of the earth when you go to Allemantheia)
    Old dungeon story quests
    Side quests for BAMs (back then when they were really BAMs and needed a party to kill)
    Saleron keeps being moved around
    Original Consul system
    Original Badge system in Velika with green, blue and purple gear
    Original crafted gear, as well as all the transition gear that was in game due to taking a long time to level
    Dungeon under Granarkus that was supposed to be part of Queen dungeon but is just an empty area
    Queen's Death consequences
    Kelsaik raid
    Lore around the Three Towers in Pathfinder's Post
    Baldera
    Original Pet system (there was no broker, so you used your pet as a store like a merchant in Ragnarok Online)
    Old Dailies
    Original Hunting Orders for Guilds when Vanarchy was around
    SHITLOAD of achievements that were removed, especially Vanarchy (RIP my 13 provinces won)
    Nexus
    Lore around Balder's Temple, including story quests
    Taco vs Burrito GvGs
    And things I feel are missing but can't really pinpoint

    [filtered] man, I was leveling the Moon dancer and holy moley, I had a nostalgia trip of when I leveled my Priest back in April/May 2012. All that is missing and it is really noticeable.
  • Tera Korean betas started in 2009 iirc with level 30 cap, this was the same for NA.
    The Argons story was introduced late, but it was always planned to be like this, but in the Wonderholme patch they changed everything idk why. We had the Nightforge PvE/PvP skins (blue and red), but there was another golden skin that looks like the "clown nightforge", I think BHS had others plans for Baldera Wonderholme and Timescape because theose 2 skin sets:
    Forgotten Gods set
    eGb29Qq.jpg
    Vallona's Gamble Set
    CpamhFI.jpg
    I don't know from where these names came from, but Yana actually had an skin set and I don't know why it wasn't used as Lucid skin... Anyway, the Forgotten Gods skin set makes me believe even more that Baldera was supposed to be an ancient place at where we could find more answers of Argons and others things, unfortunately whatever where the BHS plans for Baldera we will never know about it.

    Personally I don't like the FoA history line cause is very generic and boring for me, and it doesn't close the previous holes in the history. At least I hope someday we can have Elleon twins swords skins, it looks so cool.

    These images are from Teratoday (r.i.p) and have been there since 2013(?) idk.
  • Even if they don't want to bring Elleon and Jelena back, the least they could do is make a closure.
    I don't mind if the story goes that Elleon retired and Jelena went back pole dancing in Castanica.
    But I do mind about Elleon having a title of 'Hero of the Federation'.

    I defeated the Argon queen, I kicked both Darkan and Dakuryon in the [filtered], I foiled every Lakan's attempt to resurrect..
    When can I be the Hero of the Federation?
    :cry:
  • Here's the real question:

    Who is Manahan?????
  • Even if they don't want to bring Elleon and Jelena back, the least they could do is make a closure.
    I don't mind if the story goes that Elleon retired and Jelena went back pole dancing in Castanica.
    But I do mind about Elleon having a title of 'Hero of the Federation'.

    I defeated the Argon queen, I kicked both Darkan and Dakuryon in the [filtered], I foiled every Lakan's attempt to resurrect..
    When can I be the Hero of the Federation?
    :cry:

    Pole dancing in Castanica! I'd actually pay to see that. I'd send my male elf with lots of fashion coupons

    And I agree about the title. I mean he did a lot (especially on the old IoD) but how many times did I have to save his elven bottom? And the last received title was the Guardian of Velika. I wouldn't mind being promoted to at least a Captain.

    As for Elleon, why not letting him reunite with his brother? If he's still on the IoD Elleon could go there too. Not the best place to retire but still. And Jelena could fall for the younger hotter Kubel brother ;) Then Elleon would go back to Velika, get a house, sit on a porch, sip hot cocoa and be "that weird old guy" kids talk about
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    come on big picture peoples
    how could nobody miss the care free happy go lucky Zolyn , or be upset with how they wrote her out of the picture , seriously how could Tera ever be the same let alone go forward
    xP
  • Some official art (from an art book) of Elleon and co. If you guys are interested :pleased:
    tumblr_m5vryzW61R1rz4iggo1_1280.jpg
  • PandkaPandka ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Sakokii wrote: »
    Some official art (from an art book) of Elleon and co. If you guys are interested :pleased:

    Love it! Fraya looks so beautiful.
  • Zosmathyn wrote: »
    Here's the real question:

    Who is Manahan?????

    yeah, we will never know. i would not be surprised if it didnt have something to do with blood shard that Dakuryon has been using.
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    eleon was killed for killian rite ?
  • Xuekao wrote: »
    Zosmathyn wrote: »
    Here's the real question:

    Who is Manahan?????

    yeah, we will never know. i would not be surprised if it didnt have something to do with blood shard that Dakuryon has been using.

    The Argon storylines was the one I was invested in before Zolyn and Paesyn came about. I loved the Argon areas - especially Granarkus - and when everything ended with Manaya dying, going, I've failed you Manahan I was just like ????? Where is my expansion?? When do I fight Manahan thanks???

    Tera lore is actually quite interesting. Wish it didn't have so many plotholes.
This discussion has been closed.