Purposely Throwing as Mama Kuma. [Rant]

2»

Comments

• YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    when you know you have a crap team after the 1st round and lose, and you know they wont listen, then yes throwing the next one to speed it up Is ok. being a troll just for your personal amusement and hindering others, not ok.
    Griefing and trolling is nearly the same thing. The end result is you are intentionally creating negative experience for your own personal gain. If you're not willing to pvp even when you lose don't pvp in the first place. This is pretty much why I completely stopped pvping on Tera unless there's some absurd event because it's just a joke. No one wants to actually "pvp", just get rewards. If people want easy rewards there's already events that make even mindless dungeons like KC and CW rewarding.
  • SaphirKanzakiSaphirKanzaki ✭✭✭✭
    Xuekao wrote: »
    if i see babies pvping(3 or more) and not dpsing enemy mama while i am kiting as mama, i will end the rounds quickly.
    And who exactly are you to have the ultimate wisdom? God perchance?

Did you know that there's more than "ALL ON ENEMY MAMA" tactic? Did you know that 1-2 defenders can slow down the enemy damage significantly? Did you know that one single defender, taking out the enemy carrier/enemy high DPS player can turn the tide? Did you know that there's a tactic like static warfare where you defend mama in the back with 4 defenders who bodyshield her? Do you even know that defenders catch a slow-attack on mama, enabling her to run?

If the mama has 30ms ping and is highly agile, experienced and versed in timing against 9 noob attackers, you can play with 9 attackers. Yet you throw the game for 9 other players. In which 6 players are doing their job.
  • XuekaoXuekao ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    if i see babies pvping(3 or more) and not dpsing enemy mama while i am kiting as mama, i will end the rounds quickly.

Did you know that there's more than "ALL ON ENEMY MAMA" tactic? Did you know that 1-2 defenders can slow down the enemy damage significantly? Did you know that one single defender, taking out the enemy carrier/enemy high DPS player can turn the tide? Did you know that there's a tactic like static warfare where you defend mama in the back with 4 defenders who bodyshield her? Do you even know that defenders catch a slow-attack on mama, enabling her to run?

If the mama has 30ms ping and is highly agile, experienced and versed in timing against 9 noob attackers, you can play with 9 attackers. Yet you throw the game for 9 other players. In which 6 players are doing their job.

i am god . bow before me peasant! seriously though, i never said having defenders is bad. what i said was people PVPing is bad. as in they are out chasing enemies nowhere near the mama.only time defenders are needed is when the enemy team is actually good. i would like to see a 4 defenders make a win. never have i seen it happen lol. the all attack mama tactic is best tactic as it wins 80-90% of matches.
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    Well, if you're lucky someone on the other team will decide to throw.
  • MesogogMesogog ✭✭✭
    I've never seen this happen before. Your mama Kuma is one hell of a specimen. Sorry you had to go through that, OP.
  • XandervbXandervb ✭✭✭
    Just let us vote kick between rounds in bgs already. This should reduce the level of badmouths, trolls and achievement farmers there.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭

you really don't know the game if you are trying SO hard to justify the case he/she mentioned.
    The deal is NOT about some defenders. We're talking about literally 3 people hunting one single baby to a corner of the map where neither their mama nor yours is located. People who refuse to do what lead is saying cause they just don't care AT ALL. We're not talking about the camper mama that does need a lot of defense.

Beach please 30ms ping... I mama with 180 and kite the heck out of those slows. I will not trow games as well, I'm not a troll. But what I do and I'm never against when mamas do, is when you see your team literally did not get bellow 80% on their mama with like 1 minute left (and it happens, more than often), and are really, 5 people just hunting babies on map, the other 3 are body blocking YOU from kiting the hits, the last one is AFK botting (thanks 120s kick rule), the mama will go on a brawl against enemy mama, possibly even on their own spawn.
    This is not even trowing, it's just some "let's have some fun cause these guys are really trying to make me feel trash playing here".

The way you make it out to be is like anyone just trows cause there's not 9 babies with even DPS getting mama to 0 in 3 minutes. We're not talking about that AT ALL. We're talking about completely hopeless raids that you try to teach in 2~3 languages, NO KIDDING I DO THIS, AND IT DOESN'T HELP SO STOP SAYING "IT'S ALL BRS", and they still do what they please and hunt babies to corners of the map you didn't even know could be accessed.

I'm definitely not a fan of mamas who trow 2nd round when 1st is terrible. This is just too much whimpy. This is NOT the case here. The entire topic is about trolls who deliberately pick it to make others waste time, their fun is to ruin people's games on purpose. I'm about to say that there's tons of babies that do this too, just to hog XP in case team wins, or just farm BG credits. When you're surrounded by complete trolls, perspectives change.

Bad does NOT mean troll, we should know this already. I do, OP does, Xuekao does.
  • P2WP2W ✭✭✭

All dpsing the red mama is usually the best tactic. A good mama will not need any defenders because they know how to kite the babies.
    If you have a "bad mama" or the red team have very strong dps, keep dpsing and don't start defending because you need to out dps the other team or you will lose. Any decent dps can get by the defenders fairly easily using the iframes. The only time "defenders" think defending works is because they got carried by a pro dps or pro mama.
  • SaphirKanzakiSaphirKanzaki ✭✭✭✭
    i am god . bow before me peasant! seriously though, i never said having defenders is bad. what i said was people PVPing is bad. as in they are out chasing enemies nowhere near the mama.only time defenders are needed is when the enemy team is actually good. i would like to see a 4 defenders make a win. never have i seen it happen lol. the all attack mama tactic is best tactic as it wins 80-90% of matches.

And this gives you the right to throw the game as soon as you see defenders. Yeah, I can totally see that you are better than the 3 babies, chasing the one single baby as ElinLove mentioned.
  • Xuekao wrote: »

And this gives you the right to throw the game as soon as you see defenders. Yeah, I can totally see that you are better than the 3 babies, chasing the one single baby as ElinLove mentioned.

thanks for showing us how dense you are at kumas. B)
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    It happens often enough that the mama throws the game that there is a term for it. "Sui cide Mama".

Another reason for an apparent [filtered] could be a FPS drop by the player, or severe lag. One night I was playing and for 30 seconds more or less I couldn't move. I expected to crash any second but didn't. A little later the mama stood stock still and let us whale on it for quite some time before moving again. That's the first time I heard the phrase.

Editted because I hadn't realized that the term for self-harm was a filterable offense. But wait, it didn't filter the term in the next paragraph... the hay?
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Catservant wrote: »
    It happens often enough that the mama throws the game that there is a term for it. "Sui cide Mama".

Another reason for an apparent [filtered] could be a FPS drop by the player, or severe lag. One night I was playing and for 30 seconds more or less I couldn't move. I expected to crash any second but didn't. A little later the mama stood stock still and let us whale on it for quite some time before moving again. That's the first time I heard the phrase.

Editted because I hadn't realized that the term for self-harm was a filterable offense. But wait, it didn't filter the term in the next paragraph... the hay?

Yes, the accidental DC/ping spike may do this kind of thing. Seen quite some pro mamas suddenly sitting there when we had a wide margin of DPS difference, it's a pretty clear happening when it does. It gets harder to perceive if it's a trow or a DC if the mama never did much to begin with tho, but still if she comes back to move you can see it's a DC/lag. When this happens I usually go defense for a while or try to pick mama to avoid further damage. Can save a run.

And yeah the filter is pretty baby-safe, you can say "crap" but you can't say the other name for it. Also you can't say the place where Lucifer lives, you can't say the popular name of the body part made out of the gluteus...
    *Also, mystics drop motes. But the popular name for spheres can't be said here. Cause you know, it's such a dirty word....
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if the OP is saying anything to the party to encourage someone to take mama and throw the game. I often see people throw the game when taunted and belittled in chat to the point they no longer want to win. Many times, players will be rude or nasty in chat before anyone starts to play. Those are the games I see getting thrown.

Another point is that people are often forced to take mama. If you can mama well, don't just walk past mama assuming some pro mama will end up behind you.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Christin wrote: »
    I wonder if the OP is saying anything to the party to encourage someone to take mama and throw the game. I often see people throw the game when taunted and belittled in chat to the point they no longer want to win. Many times, players will be rude or nasty in chat before anyone starts to play. Those are the games I see getting thrown.

Another point is that people are often forced to take mama. If you can mama well, don't just walk past mama assuming some pro mama will end up behind you.

OP described a trow at start. Trows at the middle of the game are a result from many factors. Starting out the game and picking mama faster than anyone just to rush to their spawn and make your team lose on purpose is unjustifiable, and is the topic of the discussion. You don't just say something amazingly bad for a single player or entire raid so they'll trow after the.... 1 minute since start?

Regarding 2nd point I usually stay at the very top of the DPS, like literally 1st or worst case ever, when I'm sucking badly, 3rd on the DPS ranks. But yes I also found out that no matter how much I try carrying there, it's just not enough it you don't have a good mama, and I ended up starting as a mama many rounds, as I do know how to do it. Seems to be working so far but of course nothing is perfect, and the babies are just the same babies that would have picked mama. They'll either be good mamas as well or not DPS enough/at all. Kumas is a team play battleground with really simple rules and pretty much one certain good strategy, with a secondary "may work, do it just if needed" strategy (sit at spawn corner blowing babies and with some body shields there), the outcome depends heavily on the 10 players rather than mama.
    But it certainly can be set on stone as a loss based on that one mama.