Calendar Rewards - May 5th

Comments

• With the current market inflation, 10k gold is nothing tbh. I find that due to players abusing the emp selling and whales the market is skewed as all get out now. So 10k is really not such a big deal.

I agree with MaelSlayer. A return to diamond jackpots as random chances in matches is a great way to encourage bg participation. When the chance pops up for a diamond match the bg intensity gets insanely fun!
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yamazuki wrote: »
    You typically won't get 10k out of doing that now a days (more like 3k?), and that's generally something that takes an average player at least an hour (~4 hours really) to do as well all being given for just logging in for each and every account you log in to, something that takes them just a couple minutes to do. Getting a higher gold count means nothing when it's being devalued. It isn't much difference in the real world where 1$ in America is more than 1$ somewhere else.

You can faceroll IoD on a brawler, warrior, ninja, archer, etc using just a guile weapon and everything else slaughter. You can turn turn the tokens into Tears or Eau, You can sell the CCB's, and even sell the fashion coupon items. You can sell all of the feed stock. You can turn your vg credits into niveots or vrysks and sell them. That is on top of the ~1.8k gold you'll get from doing 6x IoD and two dungeons.

It is trivial to earn 10k in an hour (maybe a few minutes longer.) I absolutely consider an average player to be able to get a guile weapon and full slaughter in all other slots. Slaughter is practically given to you.
  • AimoveraAimovera ✭✭✭
    7-day dragon's hoard backpack... well then.
  • CutechanCutechan ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    MaelSlayer wrote: »
    how could they abuse i suppose by creating several accounts and claiming? well is that's so since i love diamonds I'd include them in battlegrounds weekend jackpots, not just for the gold i remember when the diamond reward message used to pop the matches were awesome and intense, no one was afk everybody fighting like lions covering ladders highly focused and doing their best, beautiful matches indeed no one would give up till last second, im against abuse of course but id consider to include them in jacpots ,after all 10k gold you cant really do much with that but encourages ppl a lot

Hola papi :'3
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aimovera wrote: »

Is that the "something nice" they replaced the diamond with? I'm starting to think that words don't mean what I think they mean. Me English nicht verstehen.....
  • AimoveraAimovera ✭✭✭
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    Aimovera wrote: »

Is that the "something nice" they replaced the diamond with? I'm starting to think that words don't mean what I think they mean. Me English nicht verstehen.....

Right? Well it is how it is. At least no one will try exploiting for a 7-day cosmetic no one uses :awesome:
  • I just want to thank you the complainers for costing everyone 10k(or more :^). Real cool.
  • GrievuuzGrievuuz ✭✭✭
    Elinerd wrote: »
    I just want to thank you the complainers for costing everyone 10k(or more :^). Real cool.

You're welcome :))
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    You typically won't get 10k out of doing that now a days (more like 3k?), and that's generally something that takes an average player at least an hour (~4 hours really) to do as well all being given for just logging in for each and every account you log in to, something that takes them just a couple minutes to do. Getting a higher gold count means nothing when it's being devalued. It isn't much difference in the real world where 1$ in America is more than 1$ somewhere else.

You can faceroll IoD on a brawler, warrior, ninja, archer, etc using just a guile weapon and everything else slaughter. You can turn turn the tokens into Tears or Eau, You can sell the CCB's, and even sell the fashion coupon items. You can sell all of the feed stock. You can turn your vg credits into niveots or vrysks and sell them. That is on top of the ~1.8k gold you'll get from doing 6x IoD and two dungeons.

It is trivial to earn 10k in an hour (maybe a few minutes longer.) I absolutely consider an average player to be able to get a guile weapon and full slaughter in all other slots. Slaughter is practically given to you.
    Everything has dropped in price the last few months, and eu/tear is not the highest value item to even get out of the tokens right now. A tear sells for barely over 1k where as the horns of equal tokens is almost 1.5k.

Tier 3 BAMs x3:
    120 tier 10 feedstock @ 6.75g/unit= 810g
    8x Caprin Horn (120 tokens) @ 175g/unit= 1,480g
    VG reward 3x @ 230 ea= 690g
    Total= 2,980g

Tier 2 BAMs x3:
    90 tier 10 feedstock @ 6.75g/unit= ~608g
    6x Caprin Horn (120 tokens) @ 175g/unit= 1,050g
    VG reward 3x @ 200 ea= 600g
    Total= 2,258

So, Tier 3 is ~3k and Tier 2 2.25k for a little over 5k. That means you have to get 5,000g worth of SeS out of the 60 BAMs somehow. An average person also takes about ~20-30 minutes per set of 30 totaling up to an 40 minutes to an hour for ~5,000g. This means if you wanted 10,000g out of IOD you needed two hours and two characters geared enough to do it. You would also have to sell materials you probably needed as well, where as the Diamond does not come at a sacrifice either, it is just handed to you for no immediate downside. Making an account and logging into the account is roughly 5 to 8 minutes per Diamond. This means you went from 5,000 gold per hour to 75,000-120,000g per hour. EVen if you were skilled and could do IOD at half the time a lesser skilled player you are going to go from 10,000g an hour to probably 150,000g-200,000g per hour (as you would also be more efficient with account making and probably also already have a lot). You're basically saying if people had their hourly wages multiplied by 24 it would be "nothing at all".
  • Halrath wrote: »
    It's removed and replaced.

lol, well something along the lines of perhaps an emerald would prob have been a nicer solution, feedstock would have been good as well.
  • GrievuuzGrievuuz ✭✭✭
    @Yamazuki That math definitely doesn't apply to FF - but that's besides the point. I'm pretty sure TERA runs detection (Harddrive ID, unique client ID or something else hard to spoof), which would render it moot anyway.

If they don't already, then derp, cos diamonds wouldn't be the only abusable thing from the calendar rewards (the circlet fragments and goldfinger tokens come to mind).
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tier 3 BAMs x3:
    120 tier 10 feedstock @ 6.75g/unit= 810g
    8x Caprin Horn (120 tokens) @ 175g/unit= 1,480g
    VG reward 3x @ 230 ea= 690g
    Total= 2,980g

Tier 2 BAMs x3:
    90 tier 10 feedstock @ 6.75g/unit= ~608g
    6x Caprin Horn (120 tokens) @ 175g/unit= 1,050g
    VG reward 3x @ 200 ea= 600g
    Total= 2,258

Plus the ~1.8k from gold, plus whatever the got from selling CCB and whatever they got from selling Niveots.

10K per hour.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Grievuuz wrote: »
    @Yamazuki That math definitely doesn't apply to FF - but that's besides the point. I'm pretty sure TERA runs detection (Harddrive ID, unique client ID or something else hard to spoof), which would render it moot anyway.

If they don't already, then derp, cos diamonds wouldn't be the only abusable thing from the calendar rewards (the circlet fragments and goldfinger tokens come to mind).

The gold difference between FF and TR is not that large to justify the Diamond, Horns cost less currently on FF anyways along with Goddess's Tears. Even with the slightly higher tier 10 feedstock cost you earn less from the materials that make up a higher portion of the gold earned.

Getting around the daily account limit is also fairly easy as people have done it before which is why most rewards on the calendar tend to not be tradeable as the exploit was brought up last time something of value was on the calendar. The circlet fragments aren't high in value presently and the gold finger tokens can't be traded and only ~25 are given at a time meaning you have to use these accounts again at least 4 times when ever tokens re-appear and you potentially only get a couple hundred gold out of each account. You would earn more actually playing than abusing the unguents/inners.
  • How is this "easily exploitable"? You do realize that you have to be level 13 to claim the daily Vanguard reward, which creates a barrier to creating tens (or more) different accounts to claim the diamond.

Thanks you [filtered] for ruining this for the player base. I was really excited about the diamond, and now it's been s h i t on once again by the a s s h o l e s on this forums.
    ryukito wrote: »
    I don't know who is on the player council who thinks this is a good idea but they need to reevaluate the members in there if they think this is a good idea after the diamond fiasco on jackpot dungeon weekend. Especially when something like this is so easily exploitable which I'm not going to mention how but it is pretty obvious how.

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    The gold difference between FF and TR is not that large to justify the Diamond, Horns cost less currently on FF anyways along with Goddess's Tears. Even with the slightly higher tier 10 feedstock cost you earn less from the materials that make up a higher portion of the gold earned.

Observation: And even that's assuming that everything sells in as quick a fashion as the previous poster claims. They seem to have a lot of faith in the player market.

This discussion has been closed.