Calendar Rewards - May 5th

Comments

• JenieveJenieve ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Spacecats wrote: »
    We are looking for something nice, but you're right that diamonds aren't the answer because people will abuse it. We're looking for other options at the moment.

EME literally implemented a solution to stop abuse of this form like 2 years ago .. what happened to that? Ugh community complaining turned it into another 7 day costume of failure.
  • Jenieve wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »
    We are looking for something nice, but you're right that diamonds aren't the answer because people will abuse it. We're looking for other options at the moment.

EME literally implemented a solution to stop abuse of this form like 2 years ago .. what happened to that? Ugh community complaining turned it into another 7 day costume of failure.

Damned if they do something, damned if they don't.
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    I think the unity stole would be a good replacement or some non tradeable consumable like a couple of smart dyads.
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    StarSprite wrote: »
    I think the unity stole would be a good replacement or some non tradeable consumable like a couple of smart dyads.

Exactly, something not tradable would work fine.
  • FaytEsteemFaytEsteem ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    So wait.....one person complained about something and it gets changed!? I admit a diamond would of been nice since back in battleground they were the highlight of matches.
  • FaytEsteem wrote: »
    So wait.....one person complained about something and it gets changed!? I admit a diamond would of been nice since back in battleground they were the highlight of matches....But couldn't if of just been possible to not make the diamonds tradeable since it was that much of an exploit?

People would then sell them and trade over the acquired gold to their mains. Same problem.
  • Accelion wrote: »
    FaytEsteem wrote: »
    So wait.....one person complained about something and it gets changed!? I admit a diamond would of been nice since back in battleground they were the highlight of matches....But couldn't if of just been possible to not make the diamonds tradeable since it was that much of an exploit?

People would then sell them and trade over the acquired gold to their mains. Same problem.

The problem is that everything revolves around the actions of the unscrupulous rather than for the welfare and appreciation of the greater TERA community. Rather than find ways to prevent abuse, the "easier" solution seems to be to turn a blind eye to the exploiters and listen to the Chicken Littles in the forums that proclaim that the sky will fall and the game is doomed because people are going to abuse it. IMO, the focus should be on player satisfaction, not potential abuse.

Regarding abuse, why not return to giving out a monthly gift (diamond) to subscribers? If getting a diamond is worth enough for you to subscribe for 31+ continuous days, (i.e. after renewal) you should be entitled to 10k gold. That would prevent abuse, help the subscribers and potentially boost the number of elites in the game.

10k gold may not be much to some, but even though I have characters on all servers, I don't play the ones on MT or AV anymore because I don't have much gold there. (between 1k and 10k) No money = no play on those servers, resulting in lower player populations. A diamond would potentially have resolved that problem.
  • LulupichuLulupichu ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    So, asking this out on a limb here.

Let's say I (A long time, veteran Tera player) complains about the "new" current calendar log-in reward. Considering that someone complained about it being a Diamond, is it time to start complaining about the 7-day Kyra's-item-we-got-a-month-ago backpack cosmetic in hopes that it gets changed?

It's honestly the least that you can do. Don't listen to any of these babies. ; ;
  • Vix wrote: »
    10k gold may not be much to some, but even though I have characters on all servers, I don't play the ones on MT or AV anymore because I don't have much gold there. (between 1k and 10k) No money = no play on those servers, resulting in lower player populations. A diamond would potentially have resolved that problem.
    It seems you have a problem with managing your money rather than being just 'poor' here. The level 65 quests from Dougal, Sier and the one for the Ace Dungeons literally throw money at you in the thousands, not to mention the sizeable amount of enchanting mats and scrolls you receive as well.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vix wrote: »
    The problem is that everything revolves around the actions of the unscrupulous rather than for the welfare and appreciation of the greater TERA community.

No, the problem is that people(including the GMs) think it's one or the other. An item doesn't have to be worth gold or even be trade-able in order to be useful or "something nice". We are, after all, talking about a once-a-year thing. It can be a rare cosmetic, mount(flying) or pet(I wouldn't mind another popori child slave). It can be a consumable(the 7 day savage draught comes to mind). It can even be a bundle of cool fireworks(no, not the letters, the dragons). It can even be a special anniversary item(they did the hot chocolate thing for Christmas, why can't they do a birthday cake that boosts combat speed by 10 and is everlasting?). All of those can easily be non-tradeable and would be useful to at least some people. Yet, somehow, they thought about it and decided that a 7-day version of an item that costs 500g on the broker is "something nice"(no, I can't get over that) after setting the 10k expectation.

PS: It's interesting how people talk about the potential inflation when Tera has a number of gold generators but gold sinks are being killed every patch.
  • Accelion wrote: »
    FaytEsteem wrote: »

I know that, it's why edited that last part out of my post.
  • SalvatoriSalvatori ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Move on guys, they will not change it back to diamond as reward. Just accept that once again credit card players won.
  • Fruits wrote: »
    If you are going to remove diamond like that, then you may as well remove anything related that can be traded like supercede tokens cause that can be abused and tradeable for caprin horn to sell for profit!

Selling items from supercede tokens exchanges gold between players. Selling diamonds to the npc doesn't, it generates gold into the system. Not to mention all the items from tokens are materials which are consumed upon usage. There's a huge difference between the two.
  • Salvatori wrote: »
    Move on guys, they will not change it back to diamond as reward. Just accept that once again credit card players won.

It's a good move on EME's part to take away diamonds, although I do agree the replacement cosmetic could've been a lot better. They should've added something like a nontradeable 7-day unity scarf or a 7-day perm disco ball, or a 7-day version of the bubble race car mounts. Anything that would be fun or creative to celebrate the game's anniversary.

A diamond is not the solution. Why do credit card players win? There's plenty of ways to make gold in the game without swiping.
This discussion has been closed.