[PC] We are aware of issues surrounding the event EP booster, and are working to resolve this. Currently, we are working towards having this fixed on Tuesday, 02/25 in a hotfix maintenance. We will have further details as we approach this fix. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

The 3rd Party Thread

Comments

• Wolf315 wrote: »
    OjNiNQy.png

Just leaving this here

Pretty sure this is what makes this subject difficult for GMs, since when they think they are allowing something harmless, people feel the need to push and abuse the small privilege we're given.
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    ARESxGOD wrote: »
    So as many people have asked what about S1engine.ini optimization tweaks which make the game playable and hlep a lot. And also the VPK modification to disable boss hp bar shake. Any news on this i would really like for them to be allowed ?
    @Spacecats

If these things will be bannable offenses a lot of people will quit tera including me, i am a veteran player for like 4 years now with something like 1-2 years elite.

I would really love an answer on this matter so i know if i will continue playing Tera and keep my elite subscription. Thanks.

@ARESxGOD
    Be sure to read En Masse update on your question!

Also check out ElinLove's post for further explanation!
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/comment/138318/#Comment_138318
  • are EME actually answering any questions or is this just a convenient location to ignore everyone?

1) will you be banning for using DPS meters?
    2) will you be banning for harmless graphical mods?
    3) will you be banning for tweaking .ini files?
    4) will you be banning for using a VPN?

I could fix all this in about 20 minutes (not sure how long it took to type this out)

I would allow DPS meters with the following restrictions;
    a) must not be used to harass or shame others.
    b) must not be used to provide an unfair competitive advantage.
    c) must not alter the data stream to or from server.
    d) no responsibility will be taken by EME/BHS if anything goes wrong. contacting EME in regards to issues that arise from this will be ignored and result in a 3 month suspension of your ability to contact support for any reason.
    optional e) must not paste data from a DPS meter in game or report DPS information in game.
    optional f) only officially sanctioned DPS Meters are allowed, contact EME if you wish to have a DPS Meter added to the allowed list.*

I would allow harmless graphical mods with the following restrictions;
    a) private use only, you must not exhibit modified graphics (images, videos or sound) as this will misrepresent TERA.
    b) you must not violate either EME's intellectual property or the intellectual property of others, in particular, you are expressly forbidden from using mods that allow you to use alternate costume items instead of paying for them. this will result in a permanent ban with no warning given.
    c) no responsibility will be taken by EME/BHS if anything goes wrong. contacting EME in regards to issues that arise from this will be ignored and result in a 3 month suspension of your ability to contact support for any reason.

I would allow tweaking .ini files with the following restrictions;
    a) must not be used to provide an unfair advantage.
    b) you are allowed to adjust the graphics options and alter the FOV.
    c) no responsibility will be taken by EME/BHS if anything goes wrong. contacting EME in regards to issues that arise from this will be ignored and result in a 3 month suspension of your ability to contact support for any reason.

I would allow the use of VPN's with the following restrictions;
    a) must only be used to transfer unmodified data in a continuous stream. VPN must not be used to alter the data stream in anyway.
    b) no responsibility will be taken by EME/BHS if anything goes wrong. contacting EME in regards to issues that arise from this will be ignored and result in a 3 month suspension of your ability to contact support for any reason.
    optional c) only officially sanctioned VPN providers are allowed, contact EME if you wish to have a VPN added to the allowed list.*

*Sanctioned VPN's and DPS Meters are NOT endorsed by EME or BHS and no responsibility will be taken for any damage that results from the use of these 3rd party tools. You may use them at your own risk, do not contact EME if anything goes wrong.

additionally...

I would investigate the use of injector to provide an improved gaming experience for people with a high ping and give it reasonable consideration, it would be banned for now, but potentially allowed in the future after an investigation has been performed to determine if it provides an unfair advantage. I would consider hiring some of the people who created this to begin with instead of just banning them and turning them into an enemy.
  • ARESxGODARESxGOD
    edited April 2017
    Ginjitsu wrote: »
    So as many people have asked what about S1engine.ini optimization tweaks which make the game playable and hlep a lot. And also the VPK modification to disable boss hp bar shake. Any news on this i would really like for them to be allowed ?
    @Spacecats

If these things will be bannable offenses a lot of people will quit tera including me, i am a veteran player for like 4 years now with something like 1-2 years elite.

I would really love an answer on this matter so i know if i will continue playing Tera and keep my elite subscription. Thanks.

@ARESxGOD

read both of those they don't answer anything, first one is vague and mainly about 3rd party software and the second is speculation nothing for sure.
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    I would allow the use of VPN's with the following restrictions;
    a) must only be used to transfer unmodified data in a continuous stream. VPN must not be used to alter the data stream in anyway.
    b) no responsibility will be taken by EME/BHS if anything goes wrong. contacting EME in regards to issues that arise from this will be ignored and result in a 3 month suspension of your ability to contact support for any reason.
    optional c) only officially sanctioned VPN providers are allowed, contact EME if you wish to have a VPN added to the allowed list.*

*Sanctioned VPN's and DPS Meters are NOT endorsed by EME or BHS and no responsibility will be taken for any damage that results from the use of these 3rd party tools. You may use them at your own risk, do not contact EME if anything goes wrong.

One slight issue with VPNs: Due to how they work, it's not possible to fulfill part a) of this. Why? VPNs fundamentally extend a private network acros a public network. They also heavily modify packets so that the information fits inside a standard internet data packet because of the modified/extraVPN headers.

But I think I understand that you mean that the resulting traffic from the VPN service to the EME servers should be damn near the same as if the player was playing from where the VPN was being hosted, without a VPN.
  • Get on your knees in front of your Korean overlords and beg for the scraps they don't even feed to the dogs, EME, to fix your dated, stale and horribly optimized game... or let what little player base you still have left do the work for you because, realistically, we aren't going to get any fixes from them and you know it. Rather than work against these developers, work with them; keep open lines of communication with them and help them help you keep anyone abusing harmful exploits.

This coming from someone who hasn't used any program.
    Oh wait, I've used notepad to change my FoV because the company who's feet you grovel at can't into settings.

Please don't ban me EME, i'm only little.
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Spacecats

@ARESxGOD

read both of those they don't answer anything, first one is vague and mainly about 3rd party software and the second is speculation nothing for sure.

First one is about cheating using third party tools in Tera, you won't get any other official answer than that.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yumizuki wrote: »
    Wolf315 wrote: »
    OjNiNQy.png

Just leaving this here

Pretty sure this is what makes this subject difficult for GMs, since when they think they are allowing something harmless, people feel the need to push and abuse the small privilege we're given.

> push and abuse the small privilege we're given

The sparkle that lit all the drama in a nutshell.

To be frank I have my stance on the deal and have posted what I imagine as eme's view on the topic, as the most logical approach they're getting, and why they're not being more open on it. But it really would be cool if we get an official response on the matter.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Spacecats

@ARESxGOD

hue well pretty obviously I don't have proof of my stuff I'm a player not eme worker, even player council os out of this matter likely.

Tho what I base it on is interpretation of the Spacecats' clarification post, you can make out the tone of the post for sure out of it, not only the interpretation of the post but the logic regarding how any company works.

Basically my comment is a bunch of common sense being spread over a place that was burning like a... something that burns a lot.
  • EME.

Don not waste time and effort in those so called devs and end-game players that only fu cked our fun in the game.

Ban for those using 3rd party software! Doesnt matter if they use injectors or dps meters.

Ban those using mods! You are losing money because of them.

You should not bother to keep being lenient with people that had fuc ked you over the years.

I asure you that if you wipe that so called end-game comunity this game will be better. They think the game is theirs and act all high and mighty against you even if you do what you must do.

Do not show weakness on people that are so arrogant to believe they should lead how things must be done.

#Banhammerforthosecheaters.
  • dps meters shouldn't be banned. This isn't a smart idea in my opinion.
  • My Opinions:

DPS Meter: Completely fine, you cannot have a endgame in a mmo without them. You are "fighting windmills" trying to stop meters from being used in game. Despite Korea being opposed to them, they are good for mmos in general and free to play games especially. Many people will Swipe to place higher in the meters (more bucks for eme). Toxic people will be toxic, fear of "x" is never a good motivation for allowing or disallowing anything.

I am not looking to have the best dps in game, I am however looking to do the best dps that I can do with my current gear (ie Improve).

VPN / GPN As long as you plan to do business in the Americas, these must be allowed and should be publicly acknowledged as being acceptable. Honestly you should have a approved list, example: WTFast, Mudfish; Pingzapper; Walmartbrandpingreducer, etc..

Macros / AHK Only bad players use these, ban them to help those players to improve. Allow exceptions ONLY for those who can prove that they have some type of impairment that prevents them from doing "x" ex: Missing right hand.

.ini files Players should not really need to do this to play the game, I see no harm in allowing this as it allows eme to have more customers and me to have more friends to play with.

Cheaters Players using tools to reduce ping to zero on skills. This is hacking and allowing it will ruin a games reputation. EME, should stand tall on this one and ban every single player they are certain used these hacks.

I honestly have no idea how anyone can defend using these cheats. Has the gaming community degraded to the point that blatant cheating can get a actual ground swell of support from players (my mind is honestly blown by this). The design of those spells may be poor but THE GAME IS DESIGNED TO FUNCTION THAT WAY, and altering the game for nothing more than personal advantage is the definition of cheating.
  • Idi0ticGeniusIdi0ticGenius ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Ban for those using 3rd party software! Doesnt matter if they use injectors or dps meters.

#Banhammerforthosecheaters."

I wonder if that's really cheating, and I don't think you understand the entire situation. Let me clarify it with a story... Think of it this way:

Let's say I was born crippled so I cannot use my legs; however, I want to travel to places. So I write letters to government, hospitals, etc, for answers on what I could do, and this goes on and on for years for no reply.

Then an inventor comes up with an idea of wheelchair, crutches, different methods of transportation, whether it was given out for no cost or sold, so that I can use them for my own travel-- not as close to like a normal people, but enough that I can experience it in simulated manner. As this went on, it was accepted, even by the government, and even more diverse tools were invented.

But then suddenly, someone abused this and executed a terror attacks by pretending to be one of the crippled people using the tools, and government suddenly banned the uses of these harmless, innocent tools, then hunted down those inventors and executed them.

Now, crippled people are thrown back in their homes, only to dream about traveling while they give a blank stare at a distance.

Who is at wrong here?
    Is it me, who is crippled?
    Is it the inventors, who only hoped better quality of life for the crippled?
    Is it the government, who took the action to ban and remove these inventions?

Or is it the terrorist, who abused it?

Is it really fair that, these inventors should be punished for the cause of terrorist attacks that did not relate to their original intention for the creation?

Is it really not the hospital, government, or other institution's fault that they had no response, not even a clear explanation of why it cannot be done so?

So does this mean the crippled must stay crippled forever?

Is this "fair" ?

This is exactly what's going on right now.

and to anyone who reads this, if you are asking whose side I am on, I am taking neutral stance. I do understand one of the devs did go too far, and I accept that it is punishable, but for EME to blindly ban, lie and not reach out to community in an effective way, is what made me upset. I have explained this in other thread.

• So dps meter its ok to aprimorate your rotation see when you wrong on your class...
    all players high ping have problems with skills charge skill lock and skill lock after press the skill... this program have a solution to better the experience on gamers for players with high ping... have a lot of people who i know leave from tera because of this delays... so its a better experience im like tera so much but need comunicate with comunity